Hot Toys rubber deterioration

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed, the owner was probably going for this:

KING-LEONIDAS-03.jpg

...but it's a sign of where the whole figure is headed imo. Last week I boxed my Leo up 'cause I thought I might offload it, but this seals the deal.

Well the figure can still be salvaged with a body swap to either a newer TT19 muscle body or the ACI Andrew or a Kaustik one.

Agreed, the owner was probably going for this:

KING-LEONIDAS-03.jpg

...but it's a sign of where the whole figure is headed imo. Last week I boxed my Leo up 'cause I thought I might offload it, but this seals the deal.

Funny - and sad - how a pose such as this is 'extreme' for rubber-bodied figures.

it is better to use muscular bosy like TTM19,Royce,Dastan,Barney Ross,Whiplash, T800, Wolverine, Comedian.
I think that is the best Hottoys body

I have two leo bodies, both in neutral positions and they are just fine, they are posed like this

bild

and
leo.jpg

The key is not to put it in extreme positions, which ofcourse is sad beacuse you are missing a lot of potential coolness

Last edited:
Thread cleaned up.
Please don't turn this into a debate about Statues Vs 1/6, this is not the thread for that so some posts have been deleted to get this thread back on track as it were.
Many thanks

shell
x :peace

Thanks for cleaning up the off topics Shell! :)

So is there anyone knowing a good product to use to protect the rubber bodies in time? We heard about Armor All, 303 Aerospace Protectant, vaseline.

Well the figure can still be salvaged with a body swap to either a newer TT19 muscle body or the ACI Andrew or a Kaustik one.

it is better to use muscular bosy like TTM19,Royce,Dastan,Barney Ross,Whiplash, T800, Wolverine, Comedian.
I think that is the best Hottoys body

The TTM19 has its own set of issues - chiefly, it stains so easily it's laughable. I would be concerned about Leo's red cape and the leather strap. The rubbery torso on the TTM19 seems to wick color from fabric in seconds - ie. it doesn't need to be in contact for months to stain, it's almost instant. And it is permanent.

Oddly, even the arms (which are out of harder plastic) seem to stain, though I have been able to clean those to some degree.

I put a BBI black wetsuit on a TTM-19 muscle body for about 5-10 minutes to check the fit and the rubber torso was stained black permanently, and the arms also took some stain. Same happened with another brand of black bodysuit. No biggie for me because it will be covered, but not good for characters where the skin is exposed though.

It's also an open question how that rubbery torso will age... and perhaps deteriorate. Fortunately the TTM-19 body is fairly affordable these days...

This is looking like the the Batman DX "oil leak" thread...all talk and not much evidence. 5 pics or so? :lol

C'mon... :lol

This is looking like the the Batman DX "oil leak" thread...all talk and not much evidence. 5 pics or so? :lol
C'mon... :lol

Nah, this is far from that. IN the case of the DX 02 it just sat in the box and leaked. In this case, its looks like it was posed with the arms up for a while and tore the rubber body. Many have had the fig for a while and have posed it with the arms to its sides and it is still in great condition.

Warning to Collectors of Hot Toys Rubber Figures

I found this picture from a collector on Facebook and reminded me of a very good tip to pass on.

531375_496757877008484_743441539_n.jpg

Other than the obvious cracked rubber (which is a whole other problem in itself), notice the two circular indents on the crotch. Thats from the Hot Toys stand "cradle" that goes between the thighs of their figures. I noticed the same indents on one of my Batman figures as well when I first got it. I wanted to let everyone know that doesn't already...with figures that have a rubber lower body such as the Batman figures, make sure that the stand cradle IS NOT touching the crotch AT ALL. The rubber is very soft and with the cradle putting pressure against it, its only a matter of time that this happens to the figure, and it wont go away after only a short time. I suggest making sure the cradle is adjusted as low as you can get it, and make sure the legs are pinched against it...as long as its not too tight.

Just wanted to help some people out that might not know this information.

:peace

Thanks for thinking of other peeps here and mentioning this.

I have merged your thread with the 'Hot Toys rubber deterioration' thread that we have here.
x :peace

Re: Warning to Collectors of Hot Toys Rubber Figures

I found this picture from a collector on Facebook and reminded me of a very good tip to pass on.

531375_496757877008484_743441539_n.jpg

Other than the obvious cracked rubber (which is a whole other problem in itself), notice the two circular indents on the crotch. Thats from the Hot Toys stand "cradle" that goes between the thighs of their figures. I noticed the same indents on one of my Batman figures as well when I first got it. I wanted to let everyone know that doesn't already...with figures that have a rubber lower body such as the Batman figures, make sure that the stand cradle IS NOT touching the crotch AT ALL. The rubber is very soft and with the cradle putting pressure against it, its only a matter of time that this happens to the figure, and it wont go away after only a short time. I suggest making sure the cradle is adjusted as low as you can get it, and make sure the legs are pinched against it...as long as its not too tight.

Just wanted to help some people out that might not know this information.

:peace

As per my information the figure given over here is batman's figure. I am not sure but I think so far about it. I am big fan of batman, also I would love to watch him as a figure here. Am I right mate?

Back