1/6 Hot Toys ROTS - COMMANDER CODY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice ROTS display, hopefully we'd bee seeing more from Ep III... like Airborne trooper, Grievous, Windu and red robe Sidious.

Remember when HT was going to make every clone trooper ever shown? What happened? Oh right, The Mandalorian happened...

Wow. He is really short. The SS Cody holds up well in the side by side.

The SSC Cody most certainly does. I love the stiff joints and weathering on the HT version but SSC beats it on size. If I had to give one up, i?d Sell my HT Cody first.

Remember when HT was going to make every clone trooper ever shown? What happened? Oh right, The Mandalorian happened...

We've got a year until there's new content from a live action Disney+ show. Mandalorian season 3 and Book of Boba Fett are both out next December, and Kenobi and Andor aren't filming until the spring, so it's doubtful they make it to air before those shows.

The Bad Batch show will probably beat those out, which will put the focus back on The Clone Wars, so maybe Hot Toys will use 2021 as their window to knock out a few Clones and Jedi that people have been clamoring for. Black Widow isn't out until May, and until then the only new content from Marvel/Star Wars is WandaVision and Falcon and Winter Soldier, and really, how much can they possibly make from those shows?

I think there's a definite possibility that we could see a few Clone Wars era figures announced before they start getting slammed with new stuff again.

We've got a year until there's new content from a live action Disney+ show. Mandalorian season 3 and Book of Boba Fett are both out next December, and Kenobi and Andor aren't filming until the spring, so it's doubtful they make it to air before those shows.

The Bad Batch show will probably beat those out, which will put the focus back on The Clone Wars, so maybe Hot Toys will use 2021 as their window to knock out a few Clones and Jedi that people have been clamoring for. Black Widow isn't out until May, and until then the only new content from Marvel/Star Wars is WandaVision and Falcon and Winter Soldier, and really, how much can they possibly make from those shows?

I think there's a definite possibility that we could see a few Clone Wars era figures announced before they start getting slammed with new stuff again.

I would be very surprised if we see anything besides Mando characters. It's the hottest thing in pop culture right now and there are about a dozen characters that need figures made. Maybe we finally get Bespin Han and CW Kenobi.

Cody will be arriving Monday. Gonna be interesting to see if it has any of the broken arm issues I keep seeing. Fingers crossed

I would be very surprised if we see anything besides Mando characters. It's the hottest thing in pop culture right now and there are about a dozen characters that need figures made. Maybe we finally get Bespin Han and CW Kenobi.

We'll see. They've already announced virtually every Imperial you'd expect them to make outside of another Shoretrooper and possibly a Dark Trooper.

Outside of that, Cara Dune and Bo-Katan seem like no brainers. They might wait for Book of Boba to make Boba Fatt. Same with Fennec, or maybe she'll be with The Bad Batch line. Outside of that, maybe Greek Karga or Cobb Vanth? Maybe Mayfield? There's really not so many that they shouldn't be using this down time to get Bespin Han, Mace Windu, Padme and a few others going.

Wait for Boba Fett? When they can sell one now AND sell one later? :lol

My guess is Cara Dune is the "one HT forgot"...

Bo-Katan, yes, because she appeals to several groups of fans at once -- Mando fans and SW Cartoon fans.

Bo-Katan, yes, because she appeals to several groups of fans at once -- Mando fans and SW Cartoon fans.

There could be up to four Fett's in short order. Sarlaac armor, freshly painted armor, desert dweller with acid head and sand people sticks, and finally the soon to be unveiled palace kingpin.

I didn't even notice that there was a difference between "repainted" Fett and "Book of" Fett... :dunno

Time to re-watch the episode! :lecture

I didn’t notice a difference either! I thought they meant the inevitable design for his own series.

I'd buy into that more if they didn't just put out the vintage color Boba with the 40th anniversary edition due in the coming weeks. Maybe we get dad bod Boba, maybe we don't, but I'm not sure Boba Fett is a character HT will want to flood the market with. Popular yes, but not Iron Man/Vader/Spider-Man popular.

Bo-Katan seems like a no-brainer to me. Mandalorian armor which is hot right now, plus it hit on Clone Wars fans and Mando fans, like you mentioned. Can't imagine she's not on the way, would imagine they're working on the sculpt before the announcement comes.

WandaVision will premiere on January 15, followed by "The Falcon and the Winter Soldier" on March 19. "Loki" will debut in May, followed by "Ms. Marvel" in late 2021.

They can make a ton of figures from those shows. I'm sure i'll pick up a Falcon and Loki

WandaVision will premiere on January 15, followed by "The Falcon and the Winter Soldier" on March 19. "Loki" will debut in May, followed by "Ms. Marvel" in late 2021.

They can make a ton of figures from those shows. I'm sure i'll pick up a Falcon and Loki

I’m sure there will be some figures and I’m sure some
Will buy them. Honestly I’m even pretty sure those shows are going to be good. The trouble is they feature all of marvels lamest third stringers so they won’t get the sale from someone who just appreciates the heavy hitters like cap iron man or Thor.

As for figures from the mando series I have no doubt it will go deep. Deeper than any other Star Wars property maybe even deeper than the Ot for awhile

Cara dune possibly... Ashoka, dark trooper, bo-katan, boba fett Luke skywalker and a bunch more of random trooper type guys no one cares about are sure bets to me. I?m sure they will find a way to get another Mando with a Pedro head in there too.

Just got this guy for Christmas. Unfortunately not impressed at all for what I was expecting. Armor feels cheap imo. Hate the forearm detachment, as it falls off or feels like it will fall off. And the kicker is that I can?t seem to find a proper pose with the holo. Arms feel a little wonky. The little shoulder antenna keeps falling off. Sculpt looks off too.

Usually I?m not one to complain about figures as I am easily pleased with em, but man, I wanted more from this Cody figure. I?m happy to say that it really looks good when posed... after the hour long battle. This isn?t a figure you can really ?play with? though, unfortunately.

As of now, I prefer SSC troopers easily. Gonna pass on HT Rex and keep my SSC Rex now.

Still nice to have Cody on the shelf and one step closer to completing my awesome TCW/ROTS display!

It?s funny. I?m usually one to be about the harshest critic you can find but I really like this. A lot.

It could be because I had and sort of have complete apathy for me. I?m somewhat surprised it even came out considering there are a graveyard of other unreleased hot toy figures much of them Star Wars but I guess stormtrooper things sell well. I wasn?t going to pass on it but I certainly was not excited about it. It is however the only prequel clone you need except maybe a regular old generic clone that is unless you like clone troopers and I know there?s a lot that do.

But I have a lot of the opposite feelings. Beautiful sturdy figures quality armor and looks badass. Love the human head and the accessories. I?ll give it the the arm does fall off easy and that?s annoying. Aside from that he can?t put his arms at the side and I hate hate hate that. Just one of my biggest pet peeves. It doesn?t stop him from getting sone badass poses thought

I was so meh about Qui gon, a character I actually like because of that awful head it comes with but this which I could care less about I ended up really liking an awful lot. To me it?s the best Star Wars figure I got this year except the mandalorian.

I?d give Mando a 9/10
This a 9/10
Qui gon a 6.5/10
Gen. Liea 7/10
Wicket 4/10
Jawa 5.5/10
Krennic I could never track down and refuse to pay over market price for an old imperial guy but it looked good from the pics

I’m sure there will be some figures and I’m sure some
Will buy them. Honestly I’m even pretty sure those shows are going to be good. The trouble is they feature all of marvels lamest third stringers so they won’t get the sale from someone who just appreciates the heavy hitters like cap iron man or Thor.

Iron Man, Thor and Cap were considered B list heros in 2008. The third stringers are all getting starting jobs. I considered Mandalorians 3rd stringers a little over a year ago. Fett was just a side character that had a cool suit and they did not impress me that much in tha animated shows but now the have moved up. I expect the same from all these new shows over the next several years.

They might suck but i think they will be cool with all the fan service Mando does.

Back