1/6 Hot Toys ROTS - COMMANDER CODY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clone Wars season 7 is coming on this Feb., maybe or maybe not the Clones will be released too.

In order for HT to make clones they'd have to acquire separate licensing rights for The Clone Wars animated series. They don't have a blanket license for making anything Star Wars. Each new character release is from purchasing negotiated licensing rights.

They tend to just stick with the live action movies and TV. And then recently with the video game series. And we didn't get too many figures from Star Wars Battlefront. And it appears they didn't go after Battlefront 2 licensing nor Jedi Fallen Order or we would've seen characters from that series by now. And they added lots of Clone trooper skin variations to the Battlefront 2 game.

Sideshow had a gold mine with the Clone troopers. Some of the best figures they've ever made. It boggles my mind why they stopped, or never renewed the license to release them again..

Cody looks great. And I'm definitely down for a standard phase I & II Clone Trooper when they finally get around to it.

Mudtrooper PO... 2018

Jango... nothing

Beehive... nothing

Ahem: recently seen via email as Coming Soon:

SDCC19_903741_JangoFett-1.jpg

Dear HT, please tighten up that bodysuit its several sizes too big. But otherwise, lets see this fig. AND NOT THREE YEARS FROM NOW

[edit: got-dammit, is this gonna be a ComicCon exclusive, if it is that'll really give me heartburn]

I don't see Jango being an event exclusive. I think they're just swamped right now and there are licences that are of higher priority. I'm sure we'll see him sooner than later.

Will possibly go up for PO when Cody releases... unless sales for the later aren't as good as expected.

unless sales for the later aren't as good as expected.

I suspect this might be the case... going by HTs seeming disinterest.

If it was a hot PO, we'd see tons of clones by now. Perhaps there's not too many army-builders who can afford a $250-per-man army. Maybe they are just squadron builders now. Canadaclone alone cannot support HT.

I figured out Cody is out of scope of my collection. So I'll eventually pass. I am waiting for phase 1 and 2 clones (501st preferred).

If it was a hot PO, we'd see tons of clones by now. Perhaps there's not too many army-builders who can afford a $250-per-man army. Maybe they are just squadron builders now. Canadaclone alone cannot support HT.

Besides, even though those new clones likely benefit from production improvments since Sideshow's effort, at $250+ a pop most collectors are probably good with their old clones. I know i'd be glad with only designs overlooked by Sideshow.

Also, media focus being on TROS and Mandalorian lately doesn't help. Maybe TCW new season releasing on Disney + next month will push Hot Toys to release more.

Not sure about that. You could be right, but it could also be a case of Hot Toys being weird (per usual) and only wanting to create a clones that were actual characters. So, Cody. Then only *maybe* creating other clones down the road, like the ones previewed. What I mean is it might not be disinterest, it could just be Hot Toys being Hot Toys and acting strange. And don?t forget that all the clones that people would order (besides Cody) are in TCW and not the prequels, and we have to see how that license works out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see Jango being an event exclusive. I think they're just swamped right now and there are licences that are of higher priority. I'm sure we'll see him sooner than later.
You'd think Jango would be a great PO opportunity right now with The Mandalorian success. Anything and everything with Mando armor should sell right now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

In order for HT to make clones they'd have to acquire separate licensing rights for The Clone Wars animated series. They don't have a blanket license for making anything Star Wars. Each new character release is from purchasing negotiated licensing rights.

They tend to just stick with the live action movies and TV. And then recently with the video game series. And we didn't get too many figures from Star Wars Battlefront. And it appears they didn't go after Battlefront 2 licensing nor Jedi Fallen Order or we would've seen characters from that series by now. And they added lots of Clone trooper skin variations to the Battlefront 2 game.

Sideshow had a gold mine with the Clone troopers. Some of the best figures they've ever made. It boggles my mind why they stopped, or never renewed the license to release them again..

Cody looks great. And I'm definitely down for a standard phase I & II Clone Trooper when they finally get around to it.

Im not sure what kind of source did you get this information from. But the airborn trooper and generic clonetrooper are from 312th legion, and they were in ROTS.

Furthermore, from your logic HT must have bought the figure license for Holiday Special Caroon too in order to make animated Fett ?

Im not sure what kind of source did you get this information from. But the airborn trooper and generic clonetrooper are from 312th legion, and they were in ROTS.

Furthermore, from your logic HT must have bought the figure license for Holiday Special Caroon too in order to make animated Fett ?

Don't know if he's correct either, but the fact that they're in ROTS backs up his point. He knows that, otherwise he wouldn't be talking about how Hot Toys hasn't touched TCW yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back