Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, it's the reason I ended up parting with my HT throne - the figure to me is best displayed standing. I tried standing and sitting poses for a few weeks but could never find a sitting pose I loved.

It does look cool if you can get the figure to sit just-right (a very difficult thing - I've only seen a few people on here make it look good) but I feel he's a little absorbed by the mass of the throne without a perfect pose and lighting. And for me the throne was too deep so took up too much display room to be simply used a backdrop behind the standing fig.

It didn't help that the HT throne is more black than the lighter gunmetal it's supposed to be, so without adequate/proper lighting it does become a bit of a dark blob. The SSC throne, while nowhere near as accurate (other than the base, which is superior to the HT version) sculptwise, had an accurate gunmetal color.

Prior to Hot Toys releasing the figure, I had gotten one of Jazz Inc.'s thrones, which I think is better proportioned than HT's. So I ended up picking up just the HT figure. It sits perfectly slouched and with both fit firmly on terra firma. No kiddie dangling feet. I did add a purple/blue LED lighting effect into J.I throne and it looks eerily cool.

ep2 sm.jpg
EP lit 2 sm.jpg

Not sure about that, there is so much new content and Hot Toys seems to really focus on that.

I have the Deluxe version with the Throne, but decided to put the Emperor into an iconic standing pose instead.

Attachments

• 20210818_194040.jpg
    20210818_194040.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 69
Any chance you guys think we will see another emperor either from Rise of Skywalker OR maybe a kenobi scene? Thoughts?
We should. He's certainly a more important character than The Armorer or Koska Reeves. Talk about skewed priorities...

I ended up finding a jazzinc throne with part of the mini window background part on eBay a little while ago. Didn’t even know that diorama existed till it showed up and I realised it definitely wasn’t the sideshow throne.
It weighs a ton so there was no way I was gonna risk putting it on my glass shelf so I ended up building a little platform out of some scrap wood that would bridge over the metal shelf frames and keep the load off of the glass.
D11DBB23-BBB4-44DC-8C90-6A16FEBE19B7.jpeg

88FACE29-B19F-42EC-9F9C-04A73595B904.jpeg

F32AAA16-96AF-4667-8A16-D184879457DF.jpeg

Left an open spot for Luke to stand and look all conflicted. Really need to track down some royal guards but then I’ll have to rethink the whole display.

Back