Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pickup, Chopper Face.

I have the same throne and simply added some LED lighting (in purple) to enhance it. Jazz Inc. did a great job on this. And it does weigh a ton! :lol

"Now take off your...."

Oh, sorry looks like I watched the wrong Star Wars

No, I think it's the same one we all saw...

yF7Jc.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

:monkey3

That last pic reminds me of a book that came out yeeeaaaars ago "Who farted?" where they took stills from old movies and left the rest up to the viewer. Now I need a Star Wars version :)

Attachments

• wf1.jpg
    wf1.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 73
  • wf2.jpg
    wf2.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 72
  • wf3.jpg
    wf3.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 75
  • wf4.jpg
    wf4.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 68
  • wf5.png
    wf5.png
    361.4 KB · Views: 73
I know your pain. I've got a few that I regret selling, as well. There's also the ones that I passed on initially, only to want them later and after-market prices are nuts.
Yeah I sold several of my OT Star Wars figures a few years back to diversify my collection only to return back to collecting OT only, and a few clones. I only have room for three Detolf, so two are for Star Wars and my last one is Marvel, DC, BTTF, and POTC

Yeah I sold several of my OT Star Wars figures a few years back to diversify my collection only to return back to collecting OT only, and a few clones. I only have room for three Detolf, so two are for Star Wars and my last one is Marvel, DC, BTTF, and POTC

We all share the burden and pain of collecting regrets.

At least with OT characters, they’re always popular and have multiple appearances so there’s a chance Palpatine might get another figure.

Best case scenario personally would be a new figure with a different portrait with a different expression for the ROTJ 40th. Odds are higher for a straight reissue though.

Otherwise hopefully they make a PT Palpatine/Sidious eventually. At least that would go with the Clones you have.

Yes, we all do have those collecting regrets.

I'm definitely hoping Hot Toys revisits Palps for the 40th anniversary. I'm also hoping they revisit several other OT figures
Yeah I was kinda in a weird “collecting but not really” stage when Palps and Royal Guards came out so hoping we get them again at some point.

I was more bothered by the giant box that takes up a lot of room; storing boxes is harder than storing figures.

I envy anyone who doesn’t care about value and has the willpower to discard their boxes. Even if I don’t intend to sell, that’s really hard to do.

I ultimately kept the deluxe but currently have the throne in the box so at least it’s being utilized I guess.

Would be difficult for me to ever let the Emp go. Simply a must-have figure for my Star Wars collection. Plus, I could never put up with seeing photos of the figure and hearing his voice saying, "you...want...this...dont you..."

I look at my Palpatine and hear this:

I was more bothered by the giant box that takes up a lot of room; storing boxes is harder than storing figures.

I envy anyone who doesn’t care about value and has the willpower to discard their boxes. Even if I don’t intend to sell, that’s really hard to do.

I ultimately kept the deluxe but currently have the throne in the box so at least it’s being utilized I guess.
I’m with you on this, every time a new figure comes in, the rearranging of boxes begins! My special skill is cramming as much stuff as possible into the smallest space possible.

This was hard to pass on for me, but ultimately I'd rather have Darth Sidious from the end of epIII. I have the SS version (2pk), but have never opened/displayed it.

Back