Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are the prices I got from a Hong Kong supplier. They include day one worldwide express shipping from Hong Kong.

Sent from the Death Star Communications Division.

The sculpt still looks the same to me? :dunno

Perhaps slightly better, but I'm just not feeling that expression for some reason. It just comes across more goofy looking than sinister.

This looks really awesome! I'm not really into collecting villains. I only have Vader, Kylo Ren, Phasma, and OT and PT Stormtroopers. But this set is rather tempting. If I had more space in my house, I could recreate the throne room battle scene at the end of ROTJ.

$350 seems high even for the deluxe. No way the Emperor is more than $230 (even that seems high). I don’t see the throne adding that much more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep that's USD.

You can usually knock $20 off for the dealer batch that releases about a month after the Secret Base batch.

I'd say SSC will be $220 for the Guard and $350 for the DX Emperor.

Using Google's exchange rates I got $250USD for Deluxe Emperor. $305USD for two guards. This is based on the Secret Base listed price of $2350 HKD for 2 guards and $1930 HKD for Deluxe Emperor.

Using Google's exchange rates I got $250USD for Deluxe Emperor. $305USD for two guards. This is based on the Secret Base listed price of $2350 HKD for 2 guards and $1930 HKD for Deluxe Emperor.

Now you're speaking my language:hi5:

Those prices never equate directly to Sideshow prices though.

Emperor looks really good. Kinda surprised they went with Luke's Hero Lightsaber though. It would have been perfect to include Luke's V2 lightsaber, seeing how it's not included with the ROTJ Luke figure and would be more accurate to the scene...it'd also be a nice incentive for anyone on the fence to go with the Deluxe Throne set for that alternate saber. In any case, very excited about this figure!

Out of interest how are they different?

WOW, $220 for the Royal Guard is steep! The Praetorians are $205 and the armor plates on the arms are pretty complicated.

What's cheaper to make, molds and painted armor or clothing?

That'd be amazing.

Just as a comparison the Iron Man 2 Mark IV suit is $635 + tax & shipping on SSC.

The Hong Kong price from my supplier is for the same set is $700 INCLUDING tax and shipping.

I wouldn't say my estimated price of $350 for the DX is that far off.

These are the prices I got from a Hong Kong supplier. They include day one worldwide express shipping from Hong Kong.

May be inflated with a reasonable "middle-man" markup in that price too.

The HK guys always quote higher, I always wait until the SS price is out.

Back