Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'd be shocked if the deluxe is less than $300. Boba Fett deluxe with a few pieces of armor is like $265. I'm getting it either way but I'd be happy under $300.

I like the throne too, but I do prefer to have my figures standing so you can see all the detail. Can’t imagine I’d have him sat in the throne for more than a day or two before wanting him on his feet with the cane or blasting his lightning.

What a glorious time to be an OT Imperial collector. I hope the throne runs on power rather than battery, but knowing Hot Toys, it will be battery. :dunno

What a glorious time to be an OT Imperial collector. I hope the throne runs on power rather than battery, but knowing Hot Toys, it will be battery. :dunno

Yes agree. I don't think there will be figures of this detail for many many years. If at all.

Description says battery. But not hard to hard wire to a DC converted mains supply.

Yeah it would be nice if Hot Toys took a page from QMX’s book and made some of these bigger items run off of USB power or something like Kirk’s Captain chair.

Emperor looks really good. Kinda surprised they went with Luke's Hero Lightsaber though. It would have been perfect to include Luke's V2 lightsaber, seeing how it's not included with the ROTJ Luke figure and would be more accurate to the scene...it'd also be a nice incentive for anyone on the fence to go with the Deluxe Throne set for that alternate saber. In any case, very excited about this figure!

Yeah I doubt I'll have him sitting in the chair as well. I mean I could have him standing and have the Throne chair in the back, but how much room does that take up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm, never really been interested in getting an Emperor before, but I have to admit this does look pretty damn cool. Especially with that throne and the lightning effect as accessories.

Damn you, Hot Toys.

Hong Kong price for the DX Emperor is $380!

This is the Secret Base release day price.

Sent from the Death Star Communications Division.

Hong Kong price for the Royal Guard is $240.

I like the throne too, but I do prefer to have my figures standing so you can see all the detail. Can’t imagine I’d have him sat in the throne for more than a day or two before wanting him on his feet with the cane or blasting his lightning.

I'm leaning towards one deluxe and one regular depending on price. One with him on his dream lounger and the other standing up throwing voltage.

They really turned this around. Leaning towards buying now. Wish it had a more neutral look but the menacing grin works in most poses.

Hong Kong price for the Royal Guard is $240.

Hard to believe. This is today's $209 price tag figure.

Yep that's USD.

You can usually knock $20 off for the dealer batch that releases about a month after the Secret Base batch.

I'd say SSC will be $220 for the Guard and $350 for the DX Emperor.

Nah, way too high for the Emperor. That would make him the most expensive SW 1:6 release. Not seeing that.

Yep that's USD.

You can usually knock $20 off for the dealer batch that releases about a month after the Secret Base batch.

I'd say SSC will be $220 for the Guard and $350 for the DX Emperor.

WOW, $220 for the Royal Guard is steep! The Praetorians are $205 and the armor plates on the arms are pretty complicated.

Back