Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Royal Guard would be such a easy figure for them to do along with knock off Palpatine, make a Royal Guard two pack and they'd sell loads.

The Royal Guard would be such a easy figure for them to do along with knock off Palpatine, make a Royal Guard two pack and they'd sell loads.
This is true. Very easy to do. Although I'm kinda hoping royal guard's get the 40th anniversary treatment and get re-released in a 40th box.

Who makes this robe?
It's the Sideshow robes. I prefer the oversized hood on the sideshow. It just needs some futzing and double sided tape. Hot toys hood is a bit on the small side but the tailoring and quality is much better. But sideshows robes work very well when he is sitting in the throne. When standing I prefer Hot toys.

So I discovered that some of the lights on Palpatine’s throne have burnt out. I don’t see a way I could even try and open it up to attempt a repair (not even sure that would be possible).

Kind of a bummer as I had just recently bought a battery adapter that I planned to use with it so it could plug in via an AC adapter instead of using actual batteries.

Come to think of it I wonder if the adapter caused my issue and burnt the lights out..

Last edited:
So I discovered that some of the lights on Palpatine’s throne have burnt out. I don’t see a way I could even try and open it up to attempt a repair (not even sure that would be possible).

Kind of a bummer as I had just recently bought a battery adapter that I planned to use with it so it could plug in via an AC adapter instead of using actual batteries.

Come to think of it I wonder if the adapter caused my issue and burnt the lights out..
Could have been the adaptor. Maybe it fed them too much power? I'm using a battery adapter in my Joost Bespin Dual diorama and a few years on it's still ok, although looks like one led is flickering a bit on activation stabilizing after a minute. Battery operated throne still works.

Could have been the adaptor. Maybe it fed them too much power? I'm using a battery adapter in my Joost Bespin Dual diorama and a few years on it's still ok, although looks like one led is flickering a bit on activation stabilizing after a minute. Battery operated throne still works.
welcome back!!

welcome back!!
Thanks. I've made a couple of posts lately. I kinda lost the passion for the hobby for a while (also at a time when it seemed everything was negative) but the recent arrival of figs ordered over two years ago (just got my Mandalorian Ahsoka and Grogu yesterday) and the recent PC sales, and all these great figs has got me back a bit. Been enjoying the Fennec, Koska, Cad, and other threads with the pics and banter.

I think it might have been the adapter. I posted a link to what I bought in the One Sixth Republic page on Facebook and the same thing happened to another guy.

I have another adapter so figured it would be okay. Sucks and it sounds like there’s no easy way to open the throne. One guy said he brought it to a friend who specializes in miniature electronics and the only way he could see to open it was using a heated knife. Guess the throne won’t have lights.

I think it might have been the adapter. I posted a link to what I bought in the One Sixth Republic page on Facebook and the same thing happened to another guy.

I have another adapter so figured it would be okay. Sucks and it sounds like there’s no easy way to open the throne. One guy said he brought it to a friend who specializes in miniature electronics and the only way he could see to open it was using a heated knife. Guess the throne won’t have lights.
Not as big a deal as the emperor’s throne by any stretch, but my HT Tron Legacy Kevin Flynn LED base doesn’t light up anymore either. Put fresh batteries in a couple weeks ago after a long time of not having any in. The lights lit up brightly, then flickered until they completed shut off. Tried some new batteries, but the lights are completely dead. I’m now afraid to try my lightcycle 😬

Last edited:
Not as big a deal as the emperor’s throne by any stretch, by my HT Tron Legacy Kevin Flynn LED base doesn’t light up anymore either. Put fresh batteries in a couple weeks ago after a long time of not having any in. The lights lit up brightly, then flickered until they completed shut off. Tried some new batteries, but the lights are completely dead. I’m now afraid to try my lightcycle 😬
I really think it was the stupid adapter that did the throne in. Wish I hadn’t bought the damn thing and would have just used batteries but I hoped to have it lit more permanently and without the risk of battery leakage.

Galaxy Oldman photos from BBICN:

go1.jpeg
go2.jpeg

go6.jpeg

go4.jpeg
go5.jpeg

And the pièce de résistance...

go3.jpeg

laughing.gif

I sold my HT for this; since it’s such a simple outfit, which displays best with the sculpt mostly concealed, I figured how could they possibly fudge it up?
Well, this is how…

Was never gonna use the stand so that’s no biggy but good Lord, what a ridiculous name plate.

I guess so long as the hood is wired, I can use some double sided tape to have it actually rest on his head and then he’ll just sit in my JazzInc throne waiting for those royal guard kits to release.
Yeah, I sold my two HTs of those to sub in the cheaper options there too.

Back