1/6 Hot Toys Romero Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there any use bombarding Hot Toys' offices with emails, with wish lists? Do they even take any notice of what the fans really want and will pay exorbitant prices?

Is there any use bombarding Hot Toys' offices with emails, with wish lists? Do they even take any notice of what the fans really want and will pay exorbitant prices?

No – they listen to what sells... quite simply Harley and Joker are two of their biggest sellers, the characters are insanely popular – with male and female collectors.
Like it or not, she will sell far more figures than the Romero Joker!

I think Romero Joker would sell well, mainly because he's the Joker. A lot of people with Nicholson Joker and Ledger Joker would also get Romero imo. A trinity of jokers.

I think Romero Joker would sell well, mainly because he's the Joker. A lot of people with Nicholson Joker and Ledger Joker would also get Romero imo. A trinity of jokers.

Joker is a bit seller... but so is Batman... the 1966 Batman and Robin figures are my all time favourite Hot Toys figures... but their sales figures were disappointing to Hot Toys, which is probably why they're holding off on the Joker and the Batmobile!

I'm not sure I want to live in a world where you can get a third figure of a character like Harley from that film before we get a single Romero Joker.

giphy.gif

Pretty much sums is up for me. Well said.

I understand not making a figure of a character that won't be popular very long or won't be remembered down the road, but the Romero Joker is as iconic as they come. Come on Hot Toys, give the collectors what they want, not what you want!

I understand not making a figure of a character that won't be popular very long or won't be remembered down the road, but the Romero Joker is as iconic as they come. Come on Hot Toys, give the collectors what they want, not what you want!
*Howard Chan reads this*

Chan: Glad to hear that others really want more Iron Man and Star Wars troopers only! I'll get right on that! *calls factory* Cancel Edward Scissorhands 2.0! We've got more Iron Men to make!

*Howard Chan reads this*

Chan: Glad to hear that others really want more Iron Man and Star Wars troopers only! I'll get right on that! *calls factory*

Cancel Edward Scissorhands 2.0!

We've got more Iron Men to make!

gYxesYB.gif

I hope this comes out soon! I can't wait for this!

Guess it depends on your definition of "soon." Most of the figures that Hot Toys actually put up for pre-order months ago won't be out until September 2018 at the earliest...I think the "soon" ship for this one sailed some time last year...

A year ago, on the Batman '66 forum there were rumors of a '66 Burgess Meredith Penguin prototype, and confirmation from a Hot Toys employee that there would be a '66 Yvonne Craig Batgirl as well. I was really hoping Hot Toys would experiment, take a risk, and finish the '66 line.

I would love to have an entire shelf devoted to Batman, Robin, Joker, Penguin, Riddler, Catwoman and Batgirl. It would look amazing, even without the Batmobile. I'd also be interested in a Van Williams Green Hornet, and Bruce Lee Kato. Someone will release them in 1:6 eventually. It's just a matter of time. Then, if enough of these figures were released so I could justify the expense, I'd pay someone to custom Diabolik from Danger: Diabolik (1968), and my 60's retro shelf would be complete.

At the very least, I need Joker. Having Batman and Robin without an antagonist seems incomplete. I'm sure that's why they didn't sell. Both figures would have disappeared the moment the Batmobile was released, if Hot Toys followed through with it. They lose a lot of momentum in not completing different series when they start them. Hell, I'm still waiting for A New Hope R2D2, and Ripley took years. It's ridiculous.

Back