1/6 Hot Toys R2-D2 (Artoo-Detoo) - TFA Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both are great but its the little details to attention that make HT the winner. Example: The seams, the overspray on the top blue panel and eye port, the glop rather than a scratch on the eye....

Anybody hear anything from BBTS yet on this? Been out awhile now usually would have shipped from them by now....:tap

I haven't heard anything yet but it's listed that it's due in 1st quarter of 2018 on their site. I'd have to think it will be sooner. I don't mind the delay as I have Ghostbusters to pay for.

I emailed BBTS for an update. Here is their reply:

"Thank you for bringing this to our attention! After reaching out to our Product Department, it appears that we will be receiving these figures in wave shipments and do not anticipate fulfilling all preorders until quarter 1 of 2018. Unfortunately, I cannot say for certain why the shipments will take longer but we do anticipate filling all of our pre-orders as well. If you have any other questions please let me know and I will be happy to help."

Hi,

just a question! Why we name this R2 from Hot Toys as TFA version? It´s official that he is? I want a OT R2 because OT is my main focus of collecting but...I must wait for another release of R2 or this can be used as OT too? Which is the diference? the paint app? I have doubt that he is TFA version finally...

Hi,

just a question! Why we name this R2 from Hot Toys as TFA version? It´s official that he is? I want a OT R2 because OT is my main focus of collecting but...I must wait for another release of R2 or this can be used as OT too? Which is the diference? the paint app? I have doubt that he is TFA version finally...

Hot Toys has announced and presents this R2 version as a TFA release. It's mentioned at least 4 times in the description. It's not that far off from OT, it's definitely passable.

He makes OT sounds, and the differences are negligible. Plus, there is no better option out there or even up for pre-order. So, you can be informed and still be happy!

He makes OT sounds, and the differences are negligible. Plus, there is no better option out there or even up for pre-order. So, you can be informed and still be happy!

True, I guess my point is that the differences have been stated here but after about a week I forget exactly what they are. I'll be buying the eventual OT version anyway whenever that happens. I have a pretty large SW collection and R2 is probably the most versatile character of any franchise.

Yeah, if you don't care that he literally can't do anything but stand there, this is for sure the one to have. Looks great. The Tama has too many oddities for my taste (rivets, cut outs for the panels), despite seeming very impressive, having better light functionality and maybe slightly better sized/proportioned body.

Still keeping my Sideshow for now, but not sure I will ever display him over the Hot Toys one.

Yeah, if you don't care that he literally can't do anything but stand there, this is for sure the one to have. Looks great. The Tama has too many oddities for my taste (rivets, cut outs for the panels), despite seeming very impressive, having better light functionality and maybe slightly better sized/proportioned body.

Still keeping my Sideshow for now, but not sure I will ever display him over the Hot Toys one.

Exactly! Nobody will ever, never ever, ever in the history of my life walk into my house, look at my R2 and utter the words "That's not an OT R2-D2". Particularly in hand, he's an absolute beauty.

Keeping your SS R2 is a good idea, because you may want multiple displays, particularly with Jawa's.

Hi,

If you dig back a few pages, someone posted the differences - there are a few noticeable OT vs ST R2 differences.

Funny how SSC had these shipping for a couple of months now, but only now does BBTS get them, while with Punisher, they seem to be shipping out around the same time.

Yeah, I know. I emailed them about it a few weeks ago and they couldn't give me a straight answer on it.

Back