Hot Toys Quality Control: Whats Goin On?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:exactly:You know,i just finish reading this whole thread and out of all the post,this one best answers this thread.:wink1:

How? :dunno I don't understand that statement at all. HT has always been the standard for quality control. Whilst EB and Medi figures were falling apart, for the most part one could be sure about HT releases, that has begun to change, with more and more figures plagued by a lower standard of QC. What gives?

I not a fanboy or a hater, I buy HT, EB, and Medi, hell I even bought the UU releases. So I'm well aware of the strengths and weaknesses of each company. HT seem to be taking a nose dive. For every DX Sparrow there seems to be an Indy or EX Batman, now Supes too.

Lets look at recent releases:

Batman Begins EX: Probably the biggest QC failure of all time from HT (even including the DX Bats fiasco). Flaking suit, broken legs, paint rubs, glued wrists.
Superman: Amazing figure, now people are sending them back with faults, crooked "s" shields, snagged fabric on the suits, broken neck pegs. Rubs on head sculpt.
Jack Sparrow DX: One of the best ever HT releases, so far QC good, except fro some nose rubs.
Indiana Jones DX: Apart from the warped head sculpt, badly applied paint, ill fitting PERS, most of the hats are damaged. I had two with nose rubs. Nice package.
Captain America: Has been recalled over the seams and belt. The stitching on the shoulders is horrendous and the head sculpt is bizarre, and barely painted.
Classic Pred: Major uproar over in that thread because of the quality of paint and changes since the amazing proto pics.

Too many licenses, too many products, not enough time and staff?

:dunno

Last edited:
A couple of days ago I bought a superman c.reeve from a friend. It has been with him for 3 years and have not taken it out of the sealed shipping box. when I got home I was dissapointed because I found out that the neck connector has some cracks and has indications that it is getting brittle. I change the item with him and found the same problem. I searched from the inet and it says that this is a very common problem of hot toys. Now it is difficult for me to have it repaired. Is this true also to new releases of Hottoys. I heard hot toys are using very low quality materials for their body especially for neck connectors.

Back