Hot Toys Quality Control: Whats Goin On?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are a retailer and have sold, displayed and purchased many Hot Toys and we have never had a return or issue come up with them. On the other hand while I am personally a fan of Enterbay we have sold much less of that Brand over the years and have had several issues/returns for them. I think HT does a pretty good job overall with thier QC. Just sayin.

Well, I think everyone should head over to the batman Ex thread and have a look at Maglors set. It's just shocking. Now the thing is peeling...:horror

This isn't whining, this is unacceptable!

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99869&page=158

That doesnt look very good.

I suspect it might be a design issue rather than a QC issue. It looks like HT simply sprayed on some rubber to give a matte texture to the suit which would obviously rub off if there is extensive rubbing.

And the latest fail from HT, Looks like a toy not a $200 collectible.
Too many releases not ienough time... Major disappointment.
The proto was fantastic. But now they seem to be rushing this ____ out.
Very hit and miss.

316206_244232852305379_138228759572456_741946_248526028_n.jpg

Why does it look like they stopped painting the head half-way down?

And the latest fail from HT, Looks like a toy not a $200 collectible.
Too many releases not ienough time... Major disappointment.
The proto was fantastic. But now they seem to be rushing this ____ out.
Very hit and miss.

I'm hoping that if its still Jan release, they paint the head better by then, if not, well then i can afford Luke Skywalker more easily.

Me as a dealer.... I am fed up with the QC with HT...

here is jus a few I am dealing with now!

Indy customer 1

fb373b4b.jpg

08b66dc9.jpg

Indy customer 2

13063288.jpg

3c21ffb0.jpg

Poor old Teddy Daniels.. Not seen him in person for a long time came and collected his Supes tonight, I gave him a choice of boxes to pick and he picked this one!!!!

6ec941a1.jpg

Now for me as a dealer, as soon as a problem like this happens, I instantly bear the brunt of the hassle, cost of shipping back to HK, the long ass wait for any feedback from HT, customer dissatisfaction of my company.

UTTERLY DISGRACEFUL .

Yes I do get problem also with Enterbay, BUT as least they sort out for me asap.

As for Teddys Supes, the belt loop is actually stitched like that! I almost fell off my chair when he emailed the image to me!!!

Im not saying its a good thing, BUT it is nice to see a dealer step up and say there are problems. The ones who say there is not a problem are only fooling themselves, or not customer friendly.

HT- there is a big big problem with what is going on.

I think theres some truth in it but whether it applies here on this topic or not I dunno.

It really can be more interesting to talk about bad points than good points. In many a thread I've talked about perceived flaws in sculpts and whatnot and been accused of being 'negative' on the back of that. But in truth my overall feelings are more often than not positive - I simply don't shy away from talk of negatives, I find it more interesting even. If I think a figure is perfect I simply don't have much to say about it. Popping into a thread every now and then to say 'Awesome' doesn't really interest me because its not going to breed discussion. I'll do it once or twice and then leave it, buy the figure or not.

As regards how it might play into QC complaints - well, its possible all the paranoia gets people posting about nothing - silly, minor issues that no one but the most obsessive will notice. Others seem to think just about any issue or break warrants replacing rather than simply taking some glue to it and fixing it. There was an example yesterday of a guy whose handle snapped on his T-600 gatling gun and he was wondering about having it replaced.....just glue it back, come on!

:clap

:goodpost:

:lecture

Indy customer 1

fb373b4b.jpg

08b66dc9.jpg

Indy customer 2

13063288.jpg

3c21ffb0.jpg

Poor old Teddy Daniels.. Not seen him in person for a long time came and collected his Supes tonight, I gave him a choice of boxes to pick and he picked this one!!!!

6ec941a1.jpg

Now for me as a dealer, as soon as a problem like this happens, I instantly bear the brunt of the hassle, cost of shipping back to HK, the long ass wait for any feedback from HT, customer dissatisfaction of my company.

UTTERLY DISGRACEFUL .

Yes I do get problem also with Enterbay, BUT as least they sort out for me asap.

As for Teddys Supes, the belt loop is actually stitched like that! I almost fell off my chair when he emailed the image to me!!!

Thanks for posting Breaker, as a highly respected dealer, your opinion really helps strengthen the discussion..
:clap

Indy customer 1

fb373b4b.jpg

08b66dc9.jpg

Indy customer 2

13063288.jpg

3c21ffb0.jpg

6ec941a1.jpg

UTTERLY DISGRACEFUL .

Oh mate I didn't know this!

I am so sorry buddy :(

You really are the best dealer and a good friend! I would never use anybody else to buy my HT/EB figures from!

Great to see you again man and again so sorry a good person like you has to put up with this ____ty hassle :mad:

I see Superman is being hit by quite a few QC issues now. Shiny rubs on head like the Wayne problem, snagged fabric on suits, crooked "S" shields etc.

I got Captain America myself yesterday and I was taken aback by how crude some of the stitching was and how poor the head sculpt/paint job was. Very basic. I know this was recalled for QC reasons, not exactly sure of the details why?

:(

If this were medicom you all would be having a ____ storm.

But since it's the almighty hot toys, ah no big deal.

Be sure to start a Sideshow, Medicom, Genital Giant and Hasbro quality control threads too. They all have them. :dunno

Be sure to start a Sideshow, Medicom, Genital Giant and Hasbro quality control threads too. They all have them. :dunno

Of course they do, so why shouldn't HT?
:dunno

Read the first post on this thread mate, we are discussing if there is a decline in HT's QC.
I see it, and so do quite a few others by the looks of things.
Not "who's the better company"? HT are the undisputed kings of 1/6th mass market figures.

Last edited:
Back