Hot Toys - QS002 - The Terminator: 1/4th scale Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here! So many great pieces....It really adds up!

Pick and Choose wisely! :pray:

I deffo want the Joker as I missed out on the original DX and LOVE the character. Im a HUGE Aliens fan so the Warrior is a awesome looking PS but I also love the endo. Size is a issue with 1/4 scale so maybe its wise to wait for 1/6 re release. It will go with my 1/6 T600 Endo then!

At the same time a 1/4 scale endo will look amazing! :panic:

1/4 scale too big for you Nekro? This coming from a guy who owns a life size queen alien? :wink1:

I deffo want the Joker as I missed out on the original DX and LOVE the character. Im a HUGE Aliens fan so the Warrior is a awesome looking PS but I also love the endo. Size is a issue with 1/4 scale so maybe its wise to wait for 1/6 re release. It will go with my 1/6 T600 Endo then!

At the same time a 1/4 scale endo will look amazing! :panic:

Hrm, I'm getting one of these guys, for sure. The question is from whom? Extra gun costs about $20 more than Alter Ego's cost when you factor in the 5% in rewards points. . .I'll probably go Sideshow with this one.

actually $27 more when you factor in the $7 in AE reward points! and thats assuming sideshow only charges $30 shipping like AE does, they could charge more...

thats a lot of cash for an extra plastic gun! adds 6.75% to the price! now if you want it for resale value thats a different story as less "Exclusives" will be made than regular versions.

same goes on the batman, its about $30 more for the empty mask (which costs them about $2 to make). but its that same "Exclusive" wording that makes people want it more :rotfl

I actually would expect SSC to charge less than $30 for shipping. They have agreements with UPS and FedEx so they get to ship heavy statues for less than $20 oftentimes. That might off-set the AE reward points (which also isn't comparable in my mind b/c it only lasts a year--with Sideshow, there's no pressure for when you use it, but with AE you've gotta force yourself to buy something in the timeframe to make use of those points).

Ultimately, I think a 1/4 scale gun is worth $25 or so.

Sorry Nekro! Your avatar threw me off. It's Guilty Gear I mistook you for, sorry bro. :monkey1

No worries. :)

If I owner her then I would be the happiest guy on the planet! ha ha

Getting off topic though so back on topic!

Im not so fussed about it being not a true T1 endo but I do want to see the EB one.

Has Hot Toys identified or made clear what exactly on this figure is metallic? Or this entire figure plastic with "elctroplating"?

Has Hot Toys identified or made clear what exactly on this figure is metallic? Or this entire figure plastic with "elctroplating"?

"Electroplated endoskeleton with metal parts"....from sideshow summary

"Electroplated endoskeleton with metal parts"....from sideshow summary

I read that and it actually lead me to ask the question I asked. :lol

Thank you though.

I'm trying to figure out if this is worth the asking price.

Hot Toys mentioned that with their 1/4 line of figures, they are able to use more metal parts and create more details in the figures. But, if the 1/4 line is nothing more than a bigger version of the same thing, I'll save my money for something else.

I read that and it actually lead me to ask the question I asked. :lol

Thank you though.

I'm trying to figure out if this is worth the asking price.

Hot Toys mentioned that with their 1/4 line of figures, they are able to use more metal parts and create more details in the figures. But, if the 1/4 line is nothing more than a bigger version of the same thing, I'll save my money for something else.

Oh sorry..:monkey1

I want to see Enterbay 1/4 endo.......Before i purchase....Don't know when they will release it though???

Oh sorry..:monkey1

I want to see Enterbay 1/4 endo.......Before i purchase....Don't know when they will release it though???

Good point.

I know it's an apples-oranges comparison, but if the EB 1/4 Bats is anything to go by, some people are upset that they used plastic for the batarangs and utility belt. They "might" skimp on the Endo and use a lot of plastic with it too. But I think I'll wait and see.

Thanks again and :welcome1: to the forums.

Personally I don't care if the majority of either the hot toys or enterbay endos are metal or not. I'd actually prefer plastic. It's all getting painted or electroplated anyway, so you're not going to be able to tell if it's real metal or not. The advantages of having a mostly plastic model means that there will be a dramatic weight savings, important for those of us putting these things in detolfs or other glass displays. More importantly however, is that using plastic means that us collectors don't have to deal with the **** chinese zinc alloys that plague diecast collectors. Also, for the most part, high-pressure plastic injection molding yields better detail than diecast anyway. I'm just reeally tired of looking at my expensive 1/18 scale diecast cars that are suffering from zinc pest/metal fatigue/ paint bubbling because of cheap zinc alloy.

Last edited:
As much as I would like an extra plasma rifle from Sideshow. For us living in California with state taxes its not worth it too me to pay $70 more for an extra plastic rifle. AE it is then

Last edited:
Yikes, an extra $30-40 for the second plasma rifle. Since I absolutely want it (I couldn't care less about Batman's exclusive cowl), I'll use my $46 in Sideshow Rewards Points on this figure and buy Batman elsewhere. Easy stuff.

Having that said, this means I won't be able to PO for a while; it'll take until December, January, or February until all of my points are cleared for usage.

Good point.

I know it's an apples-oranges comparison, but if the EB 1/4 Bats is anything to go by, some people are upset that they used plastic for the batarangs and utility belt. They "might" skimp on the Endo and use a lot of plastic with it too. But I think I'll wait and see.

Thanks again and :welcome1: to the forums.

:wave Thanks Centurion! We shall wait then....

Here's a small clip on youtube of the Endo in HK
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uu8b7ZnWK4&feature=plcp[/ame]
:)!!!!!

I realize this is an intricate design, but without fabrics for tailoring and without likeness rights and such, one can only wonder why this is so much. Then again, compared to the Batman figure it is much more reasonably priced. Hot Toys is crazy if they think $470 on Batman is justifiable. Enterbay is looking real nice right now.

Back