Hot Toys - QS002 - The Terminator: 1/4th scale Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm waiting for some sets of teeth that a friend cast for me from the original, I'll post more photos of the final look when I shape and fit them.

How did your modifications turn out?

Cool!
I've modified the main hose that go from the shoulders to the chest with metal breaded ones, they look quite cool.
I added some small nuts at the base and glued the whole together.
Looks nice, might try to do those hose from the neck dunno yet...

attachment.php

I've been on the hunt for some proper metal tube to replace the ones from the back of the neck but had little luck, mostly brass no shiny metal, or out of stock ^^
Will recheck the store or maybe in the end buy brass ones and repaint them chrome if i can...
Or maybe recast some just in case.

Are you planning any mods other thatn the teeths?

Already finished the collarbone mod.
Piece of cake, looks great.
One pin stands out a bit more than the others, but that's nothing in comparison and it doesn't hure the eye.
Finished and happy about it.
:)

hi for those of you who have this in hand, can this figure stand on its own without the use of the cup holder on his crotch? thanks

It's here, no parts missing, no failure on galvanized parts. I'm so happy...

:yess: :yess: :yess:

Congrats man, glad you finally got yours. What do you think of it?

hi for those of you who have this in hand, can this figure stand on its own without the use of the cup holder on his crotch? thanks

Stands on it's own just fine, but I'd still use the crotch grabber because if something knocks it he'll go for a dive...or you can use quakehold gel, which is what I plan to do :)

Just got mine and noticed 2 issues. :(
Can't return it anymore since the store doesn't have any more stocks left. I can live with the issues though.

i7CYJz3azlMRv.jpg
iHyseSw0Sevli.jpg

Believe me, I tried adjusting it and the right shoulder blade does not sit properly on the back. I was thinking if I could unscrew the whole arm and adjust it but I don't want to risk it.

9450158600_be933d1cce_b.jpg
9450113908_12eba0e22c_b.jpg

Last edited:
Look at his left waist piston , its not aligned properly that's why it's throwing all your red lines off.

rock the waist so that the pistons are the same

It might be difficult to see it on the photo but in hand, the right arm or should I say the right elbow is not straight unlike the left arm is.

I have adjusted numerous times, making sure if it's a QC issue or not but unfortunately it is.

EDIT: The right arm, meaning the left one on the photo since we're viewing it on the front.

i got mine displayed without the holder underneath a case with my Enterbay T-800 and no problem at all.

2mq5014.jpg

Just got mine and noticed 2 issues. :(
Can't return it anymore since the store doesn't have any more stocks left. I can live with the issues though.

It's definitely not a defect, I can make all my figures do the exact same thing. Study how the articulation works and you'll quickly realize it's much the same as the human body.

I still have this standing in front of me and I have to say that the base absolutely looks like it's been sculpted and painted by the very LAST trainee.
The idea with the lava is horrible, it looks bad and the skulls are totally of scale...although I have a theory. Could it have been that HT scaled the endo down on purpose to not letting it fit together with the EB BD, together with cutting down the light-up features in the base.

Of course it could be coincidence, cause it could be just another couple of mistakes, but the translucent plastic in the base is a clue to cut features and different sized skulls makes no sense and comparing the skulls on the base with the head of the EB BD...my theory could fit.

What do you guys say about my thoughts?!??!

Cool!
I've modified the main hose that go from the shoulders to the chest with metal breaded ones, they look quite cool.
I added some small nuts at the base and glued the whole together.
Looks nice, might try to do those hose from the neck dunno yet...

attachment.php

I've been on the hunt for some proper metal tube to replace the ones from the back of the neck but had little luck, mostly brass no shiny metal, or out of stock ^^
Will recheck the store or maybe in the end buy brass ones and repaint them chrome if i can...
Or maybe recast some just in case.

Are you planning any mods other thatn the teeths?

The braided lines look great. I've only moded the pistons, teeth and removed some of the black weathering from the legs/feet, but that's about it. The only mods I consider essential are the pistons. I'll post some photos of my mods when the teeth show up and I fit them.

This guy on ebay has what you need to make new piston rods.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3MM-3-MM-ALUMINIUM-ROD-BAR-SHAFT-200MM-MODEL-MAKER-/270699120324

I still have this standing in front of me and I have to say that the base absolutely looks like it's been sculpted and painted by the very LAST trainee.
The idea with the lava is horrible, it looks bad and the skulls are totally of scale...although I have a theory. Could it have been that HT scaled the endo down on purpose to not letting it fit together with the EB BD, together with cutting down the light-up features in the base.

Of course it could be coincidence, cause it could be just another couple of mistakes, but the translucent plastic in the base is a clue to cut features and different sized skulls makes no sense and comparing the skulls on the base with the head of the EB BD...my theory could fit.

What do you guys say about my thoughts?!??!

You think? I think the scale of the skulls would look fine compared to the endo if they weren't damaged.

Enterbay figures have always been slightly oversized compared with other figures. Both Enterbay Terminators have huge noggins compared to their body size.

Scale difference has more to do with the dynamic poses you can achieve with the Endo Vs Arnie.

Arnie is more like a statue, so that gives the illusion that he a lot taller than he actually is, due to most people displaying him with his legs straight.

Looking at the figures, there isn't much difference in scale if you factor in how a skeleton would look without it's flesh, hair, clothes etc.

All look amazing on display. All are must haves for me.

Back