HOT TOYS QS 1/4 Darth Vader (pic courtesy Seanxlong)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screencaps from sideshow’s video:

CBAAFF51-0AC0-4D4B-B5B7-59021FF47EEF.jpg
3D22E114-7C9A-4153-BA5A-E5F7646C1837.jpg

So I'm not sure if this has been made clear but wanna ask.

So in the video below it shows the exclusive stand with the helmet, does this mean an extra helmet is included for the stand?
Reason I ask is the logic would make no sense as the unmasked sculpt still uses the bottom part of the mask which would be needed for the stand.

So I'm not sure if this has been made clear but wanna ask.

So in the video below it shows the exclusive stand with the helmet, does this mean an extra helmet is included for the stand?
Reason I ask is the logic would make no sense as the unmasked sculpt still uses the bottom part of the mask which would be needed for the stand.

I have wondered the same thing. It “appears” the exclusive has the reveal sculpt and a full helmeted sculpt which can go on the stand, unless as you mentioned, the stand has the lower part of the helmet.

Now this looks 100% like Darth Vader. None of the face mask proportions problems of the 1:6 ESB that looks totally screwed up.

The split tusk tubes aren't problem to me because they seem at the right angles at least. It's the first figure that looks like the helmet was almost scanned from the prop

I was under the impression we were getting one helmet with back reveal(like ESB), and one just straight up full reveal head, so we’d always have one head/helmet on the stand at all times. I’d imagine having the reveal head and mask as the only head would lead to a lot of paint damage on the reveal sculpt.

I was under the impression we were getting one helmet with back reveal(like ESB), and one just straight up full reveal head, so we’d always have one head/helmet on the stand at all times. I’d imagine having the reveal head and mask as the only head would lead to a lot of paint damage on the reveal sculpt.

I agree...they would have to make it a very easy process of removing and detaching the mask without damaging anything. And 1/4 scale would certainly be easier giving it's size...but i do hope it's two separate heads reveal/full helmet...as i'd like to display both...

I'm gonna say don't let the base put you off. I'd imagine like epitaph04 said it would come apart.

I went for the exclusive when ordering this had a 20% off coupon too so got a decent saving on this guy.
Dreading import fee's + shipping to UK though. :lightsabe

I'm curious about these 1/4 scale figures, I know a lot of collectors love them... but, to be quite honest, when I see them, they just look like upscaled 1/6 figures.
I don't really see any major difference (other than size, obviously). I mean, Vader seems to have sculpted plastic hands, the same plastic codpiece and belt; Ledger Joker doesn't have rooted hair if I remember correctly, nor functional shoes, and so on. I can't see any metal or photo-etched pieces...
Other than having a larger version, is there a real upgrade in the manufacture and details of the figure?
I own the 1/4 NECA Alien and Predator, and there's an obvious difference in paint apps and crispness of detail, but that's compared to the 7" figures, so I'm curious to hear what is so alluring about these larger scale figures when compared to the 1/6 scale ones.

Proportions are generally improved (compare 1/6 mark XLII with its 1/4 scale counterpart). Usually there is more detail (compare DX12 with QS001) and simply put, the scale has more presence and looks more impressive on a shelf than some 1/6 figures.

This vader already has the best production Vader helm Ive seen (better than 1/6 esb anyway) better proportions (despite the fact that its a tad slim) and it should be able to pose more naturally than the sometimes stocky 1/6 figures. Material textures look more realistic on 1/4 scale+ figures simply because theyre bigger and it all scales better.

Personally I'd like to see more Star Wars figures done in this scale... like a Tatoonine Luke Skywalker. But Hot Toys seems to be VERY hesitant in exploring that area. It seems SO long since the release of the 1:4 scale Boba Fett. In the past we have been shown this evolving Vader, Kylo Ren and Stormtrooper and I believe that's it. Besides being featured in the background of the Vader pics, when was the Stormtrooper last shown at a convention?

Ok so seems the rep didn't make it clear also partly my fault for not reading properly.

It looks like 2 sculpts

"Newly developed head sculpt with movie-accurate facial expression, detailed scars, wrinkles and skin texture
Newly crafted helmet with detachable outer helmet to reveal the back of Darth Vader’s battle-damaged head"

I own both the 1:6 and 1:4 scale Mark 43 figures and the quarter scale is better in every way. The sixth scale looks like an action figure. The quarter scale looks more like a scale model of the actual Iron Man suit. That may not be the case with every figure. In photos I've seen the larger Mark 45 just looks like an upscale of the smaller one. But then the sixth scale 45 in photos looks better to me than the sixth scale 43, so maybe the gap is just closer.

Back