HOT TOYS QS 1/4 Darth Vader (pic courtesy Seanxlong)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Considering increase in price of sixth scales, I wonder how much QS will cost in the future. Maybe that's why they are selective on this scale.

That stand is pretty much the 1/4 Mark 43 Iron Man, so that top stand and middle section should be removable like that one also.

Wonder if they'll ever release the 1:4 Hot toys Kylo + storm trooper they showed few years ago.

02_hottoys (1).jpg

Are they still using pleather on this though? Feel like real leather would be the best bet here, unless that would hinder articulation. Nothing in Sideshow’s description says anything about material used(hope leather). Flaking on this one would be a *****

I forgot all about that 1/4 Kylo. He's not a character I'd want at that scale, but I'd definitely get a 1/4 Rey if they made one. Along of course with Han, Luke and Leia.

Really hoping they don't stop with just Boba and Vader.

Are they still using pleather on this though? Feel like real leather would be the best bet here, unless that would hinder articulation. Nothing in Sideshow’s description says anything about material used(hope leather). Flaking on this one would be a *****

Probably pleather they never seem to learn or improve their issues.

If it was genuine leather I would pre-order it instantly! But the low quality pleather/faux leather Hot Toys uses for their figures really worries me, especially in this size. In a few years to have this flaking, would be a huge pain in the ass, it will start with collectors in warm and humid climate, then the others. For F's sake Hot Toys please stop using this low quality pleather (and rubber) already

I forgot all about that 1/4 Kylo. He's not a character I'd want at that scale, but I'd definitely get a 1/4 Rey if they made one. Along of course with Han, Luke and Leia.

Really LOLed so hard at this one...1/6 TFA Reys are still rotting in almost every retailes warehouses and now you're expecting to see 1/4 Rey :lol

I forgot about Kyle too. I can’t imagine them making him anytime soon though. I’d snag that trooper and would love to see a 1/4 ROTJ Emperor to go with Vader.

Honestly, with SS potentially done with premium format figures it will be interesting to see if HT 1/4 scale output starts to increase. There was quite a bit of overlap even in the short time. Both showed or release Vader, Ledger Joker, Stormtrooper, Fett (of some sort), and of course Vader and Kylo.

I do think they need to offer up things they haven’t done in 1/6 yet, say a ROTJ Han — that would get some attention. Always seemed strange to me that they previewed the ROTJ 1/6 Fett around the time their quarter scale version was about to ship.

Honestly, with SS potentially done with premium format figures it will be interesting to see if HT 1/4 scale output starts to increase. There was quite a bit of overlap even in the short time. Both showed or release Vader, Ledger Joker, Stormtrooper, Fett (of some sort), and of course Vader and Kylo.

I do think they need to offer up things they haven’t done in 1/6 yet, say a ROTJ Han — that would get some attention. Always seemed strange to me that they previewed the ROTJ 1/6 Fett around the time their quarter scale version was about to ship.

I was thinking this also, Hot Toys now could own the 1/4 Star Wars market. My only concern are the bases they come on, Hot Toys are very boring, but the new Spiderman 1/4 scale release gives me hope. That has a very nice intricate base incorporating Vulture.

Has anyone seen any more pics of this at any conventions this summer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dear Hot Toys:

For your next offering of Darth Vader, both in 1/6th and 1/4 scales, might I suggest that you just issue a Deluxe Deluxe Set of Vader. In this collector's pipedream, you would offer to include every version of every helmet and mask and paint and both Crispy Young and Crispy Old Anakin. I'm sure for the diehard collector like myself, I'd be good for at least two, if not more. So, you'd still make money on us fools from whom it easily parts AND you would move the timelines forward for giving us the Ultimate Deluxe Vader.

Ah, to dream . . .

Back