Hot Toys: Prometheus - MOVIE SPOILERS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He looked like a mutated human. The scarring on his face had to have been from the helmet melting on him.

He was obviously still mutating, though. There is a deleted scene of him throwing the guy in the air, and you can see his very long, pale, mutated fingers. I think he was just in an early stage.

Would have liked to see him go further into the mutation process and not die as early as he did.

...how was it a zombie reference though? The idea of being mutated by somthing in space has been around for decades..why are we attacking that when it's in Prometheus?

And, he didn't act like a zombie at all. Legs bent over his shoulders..lotta zombies do that right? :cuckoo:

Super human strength and resilience..zombies have the opposite of that don't they?

I don't remember ever seeing a zombie pounce on a guy and hit him so hard in the chest that he coughs up blood.

...or axing someone in the back then throwing them ten feet... :dunno

:goodpost::exactly:

It was not a zombie. It was either a crazy guy or a guy with space worms in his brain. He wasn't dead. We didn't see him survive decapitation. He didn't need a bullet to the brain. Just not a zombie.

He still looked like a freaking zombie dude. :lol

The other designs were much more original, interesting and terrifying. Especially the ones that have the human-like face.

Also, they were more in line with the other creature designs.

If by "looked like a zombie" you mean he was beat up and bloody... I think that's a low threshold for what looks like a zombie. He was mutated and swollen. You don't see a lot of zombies with over-sized heads.

Last edited:
I, personally, still would have preferred they went with one of the more "Alien-like" mutations they've shown in the concept art for Fifield.

Those were some truly scary designs...much more so than what was on screen.

Again...just my personal opinion.

You mean like this?
tumblr_m5mbb9x4ec1qg8i80o1_500.jpg
tumblr_m5mbb9x4ec1qg8i80o2_250.jpg
tumblr_m5mbb9x4ec1qg8i80o4_250.jpg

tumblr_m5mbb9x4ec1qg8i80o3_500.jpg

I would agree...

My spidey sense is telling me we're probably not going to see any Prometheus figures from HT fellas. I just got done watching the movie a third time and the theater was practically empty.

I think HT may let the license lapse on this one. Just a hunch.

On the bright side: I managed to get a loose EX Machina Tereus last night for a relatively cheap price. Planning to use the body to make an Engineer.

Did you see it in 2D or 3D? Because when I saw it opening day the theater I was in (2D) had about 20 people in it but the 3D showings were all sold out.

My spidey sense is telling me we're probably not going to see any Prometheus figures from HT fellas. I just got done watching the movie a third time and the theater was practically empty.

On the bright side: I managed to get a loose EX Machina Tereus last night for a relatively cheap price. Planning to use the body to make an Engineer.

There's no way in hell Hot Toys will NOT do something from PROMETHEUS.

Even if it's only a couple of figs...they're not going to pass on this.

AvP:R received more hate than Prometheus (I think), and HT made three figures from the movie...so I imagine HT would atleast make an Engineer.

And also, everyone loves Fassbender...now would be a good time to make a figure of him.

I hope HT does make a David in space suit. That figure is a tough one to try to make as a custom. The Engineer I think I can do a decent job on my own.

My spidey senses are by no means 100% accurate. It's just hunch.

Did you see it in 2D or 3D? Because when I saw it opening day the theater I was in (2D) had about 20 people in it but the 3D showings were all sold out.

This was a 2D showing. We went to a 3D showing the second time around.

This was also an earlier matinee showing with cheaper ticket price. And during a heatwave. It's hot as heck today here - which usually drives people to the air conditioned theaters.

A Ridley Scott prequel to Alien? We're going to see lots of products from HT and SS. I have no idea how the movie is doing financially, but the DVDs will sell like hot cakes for decades.

I saw it for the 3rd time Friday afternoon. Yes, the theatre was almost empty, but it was the 4:50 show. The theatre was giving the movie more than one room for the evening.

Would have liked to see him go further into the mutation process and not die as early as he did.

He looked like a mutated human. The scarring on his face had to have been from the helmet melting on him.

He was obviously still mutating, though. There is a deleted scene of him throwing the guy in the air, and you can see his very long, pale, mutated fingers. I think he was just in an early stage.

:goodpost::exactly:

It was not a zombie. It was either a crazy guy or a guy with space worms in his brain. He wasn't dead. We didn't see him survive decapitation. He didn't need a bullet to the brain. Just not a zombie.

I, personally, still would have preferred they went with one of the more "Alien-like" mutations they've shown in the concept art for Fifield.

Those were some truly scary designs...much more so than what was on screen.

Again...just my personal opinion.

I was instantly reminded of this guy:

attachment.php

So yeah, any of the other designs would have been loads better!

They actually changed that shot to the version we see now.

I don't remember seeing that exact part of the scene in the movie, but if it is there and has indeed been altered...that's unfortunate.

Back