Hot Toys Prince of Persia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw this movie...and I had the strangest feeling of deja vu. It was like Clash of the Titans all over again except not as good. PoP was well made, had good actors, but things just happened. It felt very middle of the road. Maybe a Dastan figure could be cool, this will be a hard sell for me, but he was likable in the movie. :dunno

The teaser figure looks pretty good, but I'd have to see the movie first. Then, I'll know if this figure is worth it or not.

I just saw this movie...and I had the strangest feeling of deja vu. It was like Clash of the Titans all over again except not as good. PoP was well made, had good actors, but things just happened. It felt very middle of the road. Maybe a Dastan figure could be cool, this will be a hard sell for me, but he was likable in the movie. :dunno

I don't think there's much between them and I probably enjoy Clash more. But I do think POP is a far better executed movie.
Clash I feel is a very clunky movie with no human charm at all. The characters were very bland and I think Danstan was far more fun to watch than Perseus I thought.

Yeah but to me the difference between the two were COTT had big chunks missing but if they were put back in you have a chance to have a great movie. POP was just there with everything but that certain something to really make it stand out. It is like watching POTC without Jack Sparrow...Will Turner is likeable but completely vanilla. Hell Elizabeth Swan had more going for her. I am still torn on how I much I liked PoP. Meh. :huh

Yeah but to me the difference between the two were COTT had big chunks missing but if they were put back in you have a chance to have a great movie. POP was just there with everything but that certain something to really make it stand out. It is like watching POTC without Jack Sparrow...Will Turner is likeable but completely vanilla. Hell Elizabeth Swan had more going for her. I am still torn on how I much I liked PoP. Meh. :huh

Hopefully we will get the Director's cut of Clash!

I won't remind you how long it took for Aldo to be shown after Inglorious Basterds came out :lol

Quite right. but at least with Aldo HT released the full run of official pics shortly after the teaser was released. They teased the Dastan figure two, almost three weeks ago and still nothin'.

No one posted this? Update coming this week, from HT FB page:

Have you watched Prince of Persia yet? The Prince Dastan is coming to defy the future with his dagger of time very soon! Stay tuned with us for update this week!

:rock:rock

Damn! another figure i might have 2 buy ..but if this is going to be a trilogy like pirates that may justify a pass in hopes for a better version down the road.

Damn! another figure i might have 2 buy ..but if this is going to be a trilogy like pirates that may justify a pass in hopes for a better version down the road.

Last I heard, the movie was doing pretty poorly...dunno if I'd hold my breath.

It's doing OK stateside, but is actually doing well internationally. That may save the franchise.

No one posted this? Update coming this week, from HT FB page:

"Have you watched Prince of Persia yet? The Prince Dastan is coming to defy the future with his dagger of time very soon! Stay tuned with us for update this week!"

:rock:rock

Cool, can't wait!

Hopefully the franchise will continue, so we can get a Tamina figure to go with this dreamy one...

I hope we see Tamina but I'm thinking it's unlikely since the film wasn't a big hit... BUT, we are getting an Abigail Whistler so I guess anything is possible :lol

I hope we see Tamina but I'm thinking it's unlikely since the film wasn't a big hit... BUT, we are getting an Abigail Whistler so I guess anything is possible :lol

Hot Toys seems to save the female figure slots for badass chicks. Tamina had attitude a plenty yes, but she was a damsel in distress more than anything.

Yeah, I see what you mean... Pirate Swann, Black Widow, Sarah, Machiko, etc..

My doubts of getting a Tamina have risen. :( Maybe on the next regular female truetype??
Here's hoping Megan Fox kicks butt in Jonah Hex. :lol

I'm looking forward to seeing this Dastan figure. I'm not going to get him, but I'm curious to see if they nailed the likeness and what accessories he comes with. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back