Hot Toys POWER LOADER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No need man, just remove part of the shell packaging she came in and she'll fit back in the box just fine.

That is what I will probably do if I pack her back up. Honestly though, I never want to because this thing is beautiful!!

Concerning the back pistons, I also had the same problem. They don't even move that well now to be honest. They seem stuck but I guess that is fine because I am not going to be moving it around all the time.

Great pix Les! Mine is out for delivery, hope it gets here soon.

mine too & its getting late ......:mad:.............that fed-ex dude better show up tonight. otherwise it might be a friday delivery because im sure they wouldnt work tomorrow.:confused:

okay..........fedex showed up :chew...........i can put that bottle of prozac back in the med cabinet. i cant believe its finally here.............havent been this excited since waiting for jabba & throne.

Good for you Barry-O!
And Mike, hope to hear from you too!
So much happening today! Happy for all you guys!:chew

And I cannot wait for the P!TU video! I am waiting to do mine after his! He comes first! :rock

Good for you Barry-O!
And Mike, hope to hear from you too!
So much happening today! Happy for all you guys!:chew

And I cannot wait for the P!TU video! I am waiting to do mine after his! He comes first! :rock

The P!tu video is out Les. He made his own thread. I will search for a link...

DAMN! This is the single greatest "toy" I have ever owned. I feel like a kid again!

One question though. Is it me or is the revolving beacon on top of the PL really dim. Just want to make sure mine is not screwed up. If the factory light is this dim I'm gonna replace it.

I feel for anyone who hasn't gotten theirs yet. Your all gonna ***** when you do!

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all.

he even included a maulfan shout out to his picture taking expertise.......:rock

Okay....my turn! My "crown jewel" of my Hot Toys ALIENS collection arrived tonight! Finally! I have it already assembled, hoses all assembled too, and displayed in the middle of my marines on top of my computer desk!

I will post some pictures later on tonight! I'm so thrilled to finally have it! I'm very very happy with it! After all the saving and worry, and headaches...and praying to be here when Fed Ex came to deliver...it is OVER! :D

I was suprised how it was easier than I thought it was going to be to install all of the hoses to the back of it. Also, the Ripley likeness is SO much better this time! Gone is the bright orange/red hair, and bright red lipstick from the first Ripley that I had to paint over. I'll have to do some minimal painting on the PL Ripley head. There is some sweat and dirt stains on the shirt and pants too. I'm happy to see that. I may not add any more since I'm pretty happy with how Ripley looks now.

So now...one more VERY happy customer! Thank you Hot Toys! Thank you Sideshow!

Rock on Mike! I am so glad you got your's too bro! Let's see pics dude!

And I just saw the P!TU video! An instant classic! A must have!
Great job Jose!!! :lol You did us all proud!

I am not sure what I can do videowise after that! The reveal shot is so classic, as to minimize any need for further vids!
I'll never look at the original movie scene the same way again...no wonder Ripley could handle the fight with the Queen, she'd gotten her crap out of the way!

I'll TRY to do a video that is just plain informative, a how-to, and stay the hell out of P!TU's arena! He has us all smoked!

Great stuff!

P!tu's video for the PL was cool. I love the "reveal" shot he did like from the movie...in his bathroom! :D

I'll post pics of my PL after I get home in about an hour....

Has anyone else found the mechanism for the spinning light on top of the Power Loader getting stuck and the gears grinding? I turn mine on and it gets stuck and just makes a grinding sound. I don't want to have to deal with sending something so big back to Sideshow so any help from you guys if you have any suggestions would be appreciated.

Just put my Power Loader together...*whew*...it was easy but just took a while...especially all the cables plugging in everywhere and then fitting it into a detolf cabinet...arms had to go down.

This is certainly Hot Toys' best "vehicle"-like piece out there!I kind of put it on the ED-209 level instead of with the figures...it is certainly massive but looking at it...is it actually "movie size"? I can't help but think it is certainly smaller in scale than it should be. Maybe someone can clarify for me.

I'm going to give two huge thumbs up to Hot Toys, this is really a marvelous piece with all the joint movements you can do, from the Loader's "ankles" to the movement you get in its "wrists" with grappling hands...wow...very very cool.And Hot Toys did a spectacular job weathering it and fitting in every little detail...like the joysticks' thumbpad moving.

I also had the same problems with the silver pipes or whatever in the back...I recognize that they help hold the arms up if you pose it that way, but I think the stiffness in them also hampers moving the arms sometimes because they don't like sliding freely.

To be plain and honest, I like the Power Loader but I was not as excited getting it as I had the Colonial Marines...to me, the PL wasn't the real, BIG star of ALIENS...that of course belongs to the ALIEN QUEEN and I am much more excited at looking at the possibility that we may get her. And especially considering how well Hot Toys has done with the Alien-style bodies, I think the posing possibilities of the Alien Queen will be much greater than the Power Loader....well mostly because of the fact that when I move the Loader I feel like I might break something! :D

Still...a fantastic piece and a dream come true!

HOT TOYS!

BRING ON THE QUEEN!!!!! :rock

Maul Fan....mine does not get stuck...sounds like you may have a problem, buddy. :monkey2

Oh and to answer a question on the previous page, my top light appears to be dim as well and not as bright as I thought it would be...so you're not the only one. Pitu's looked dim as well in his video.

Has anyone else found the mechanism for the spinning light on top of the Power Loader getting stuck and the gears grinding? I turn mine on and it gets stuck and just makes a grinding sound. I don't want to have to deal with sending something so big back to Sideshow so any help from you guys if you have any suggestions would be appreciated.

Give it a good smack.

Thanks Bardoon, I actually just futzed a bit, and I think it was just that the contact with the batteries wasn't 100% so while things were lit, it wasn't enough for the gears.

I have to say the only major issue I have with this thing is that the battery setup is a bit screwy. The way contact is made, it's eady to be off enough for something like this to happen. It's like all the engineering went to mimicking the PL's design but not so much simple electronics things.

double-check that the top straps from the Ripley's buckle aren't getting trapped beneath the top of the battery's cover...that can prevent the contacts from touching properly as I noticed it was doing that to me. Make sure that the bars also tuck in all the way securely as well when you put the whole bar-cage down.

Well, looks like I spoke too soon, it's definitely ****ed up, the gears keep grinding inside, looks like a call to Sideshow after the Holiday. Guess I was due for something to come to me and not be 100%.

Well, looks like I spoke too soon, it's definitely ****ed up, the gears keep grinding inside, looks like a call to Sideshow after the Holiday. Guess I was due for something to come to me and not be 100%.

As long as you're sending it back, any chance you can heat up the light with a hairblower -- see if that helps set things right -- and if not maybe you can pop the light cap off and see what's blocking the movement.

As long as you're sending it back, any chance you can heat up the light with a hairblower -- see if that helps set things right -- and if not maybe you can pop the light cap off and see what's blocking the movement.

Well I tried unscrewing every screw in that part of it see if I could get a look inside and it won't pull away without feeling like it's going to break something more.

Back