Hot Toys One Piece Netflix Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kind of confused on what the hell they were smoking with that Luffy sculpt. Were they looking at another actor when making it? They nailed it with Zoro.

aIqfw6V.png
Hey! That's a quality Star Ace headsculpt you're talking about! Right up with their the likes of Supergirl!

Shouldn’t this be in the anime section? I know it’s live action but still lol. And wow I’m just gonna read the comments

I try to see the potential value in any release. ( I'm happy for fans of One Piece, if they will enjoy this. If they are as excited for this as I would be for HBO Rome figures, then I totally get it as a fellow collector )

The lead actor, Godoy, is Mexican. So it's nice to have a clearly Mexican/Hispanic/Latino type headsculpt as an option. The core sculpt would make a great VN era figure, a young guy heading out to the jungle to meet the unknown. The hair would sort of fit too.

The Zoro figure, the swords are always useful. The mouth gripping headsculpt is interesting. Would make a great bomb tech kitbash ( he's holding a tool in his mouth, while under stress) or a pirate or a modern law enforcement EOD guy ( again, with a tool in his mouth) or a vampire.

They are super light on accessories, which will make it very hard for loose parts at all. We are entering the Shang Chi / Silk Spectre zone of basically no accessories here. Personally, for the sake of fan service, HT might have been well served to just add in accessories iconic to the anime but might not apply to the live action show. Just to fill out the set and reward hard core fans.

They turned out not as dumb as I thought they were gonna be lol.

But Luffy needs more work for sure as his likeness to the actor isnt there yet.

I dunno why but this seems like a 3rd party figure made by somebody like Soosootoys and not HT quality.

They'll most likely make the 5 straw hat crew. I can definitely see Sanji being made. I do believe Nami and Usopp will get made later. I so far am enjoying the show and yes I'm a one piece fan.

The show is self-ironic enough and quite faithful to the source. It is already better than Netflix Cowboy Bebop.
The figure is just lazy. The likeness is not there, and Luffy is laughing, not smirking. Why not make a laughing sculpt and a smiling one? Smirks are for Joker, dear HT.
I think adding one more head with a different expression would help with limited accessories.

one-piece-luffy-anime-luffy-serie-netflix-3090358-jpg.webp

Yeah seamless would help for sure, step up your game HT and stopped being half-assed.

Zoro looks better at the moment and comes with two headsculpts. I was never gonna get these anyway, but i can't imagine there being a hugh demand and them being mass produced.

I Pre-ordered both Luffy and Zoro at SS. I have no issues with the figures apart from Luffy sculpt needing a fix. Other then that I'll be happy if they make the main crew.

I finished the show today and loved it. Definitely the best live action adaptation of a anime I've seen, which wasn't hard with Netflix track record lol.

However looking back at the figures, I still don't like the HT renditions and I would consider preordering if they improve the sculpts. Which I hope they will do, like what they did with the Tom Holland and Natalie Portman head sculpts.

Very good show. Much better than the horrible death note movie and cowboy bebop. They did an amazing job. Figures could be better. I wouldn’t invest in them cause I’m sure hot toys will only make luffy and zoro

Very good show. Much better than the horrible death note movie and cowboy bebop. They did an amazing job. Figures could be better. I wouldn’t invest in them cause I’m sure hot toys will only make luffy and zoro
I hope it gets popular enough to warrant a Nami at least, but yeah I'm not sure. Maybe we will see other 3rd party companies pick up the slack if its just Luffy and Zoro.

I really do think we could get the last three straw hats. Mainly since the show did good it will push HT to do them.

I already pre ordered both. Great show by the way! I'm a big fan of the anime and the Netflix show did not disappoint. However, Luffy's face sculpt is disappointing though. Like it doesn't look like Iñaki' at all. The only reason I pre-ordered Luffy is because I noticed that Hot Toys actually make improvements if people complain loud enough. Like with spider-man 2099, the Pattinson batman hairsculpt, Tom Holland face sculpt and more I think. However, do you guys think that Hot Toys will do the same with Luffy? Because Facebook and Instagram are basically full with people bashing Luffy.

The likeness on zoro isn't that great either.... something about it doesn't look very human.

These just feel like HT rushed and put their B team on it. Hell zoro's katanas don't even appear to be metal when HT has made majority of them metal before.

Last edited:
I already pre ordered both. Great show by the way! I'm a big fan of the anime and the Netflix show did not disappoint. However, Luffy's face sculpt is disappointing though. Like it doesn't look like Iñaki' at all. The only reason I pre-ordered Luffy is because I noticed that Hot Toys actually make improvements if people complain loud enough. Like with spider-man 2099, the Pattinson batman hairsculpt, Tom Holland face sculpt and more I think. However, do you guys think that Hot Toys will do the same with Luffy? Because Facebook and Instagram are basically full with people bashing Luffy.
Most likely though their Batman was changed after the fact InArt showed theirs off. Unless InArt announce a One piece line then the best way is to complain loud enough. I also notice Zoro's pants aren't leather like in the show but It makes sense since we won't worry about it falling apart later.

Back