1/6 Hot Toys: New DX Joker variations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which DX Joker would you be interested in seeing?

• Jack Napier

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Reveal Joker (1st Appearance)

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • Mob/ joybuzzer Joker

Votes: 19 13.8%
  • Partyman/Museum Joker

Votes: 85 61.6%
  • Smylex Commercial Joker

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Casual Joker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Axis Lair Joker

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Gangster Broadcast Joker

Votes: 3 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DiFabio

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hot Toys have teased future versions of the '89 Joker while promoting and marketing DX 08 and DX 14,

Screenshot2014-07-20at102356PM.png

6a853733jw1dkkkmnea8nj-1.jpg

So I'm just curious which one people would want if they did do another. Granted you were interested in Hot Toys tackling another version, which one would you want to see made if they made one, final version? Why that one?

You can obviously only choose one,

Jack Napier (regular Jack Nicholson/Gangster look pre-disfigurement)

JackNapier.jpg

Reveal Joker (first appearance with acid burned trenchcoat and clothes)

RevealJoker.jpg

Mob Joker (Gangster/Mob look with joy buzzer and flesh tone facepaint)

MobJoker.jpg

Museum/Partyman Joker (Homicidal artist look with beret, smeared facepaint)

MuseumJoker.jpg

Smylex Commercial/Pitch Joker (sunglasses, lawn chair, fake seaguls, poison, etc.)

SmylexJoker.jpg

Casual Joker (weird ass African hat/smoking jacket attire)

ApartmentJoker.jpg

Axis Lair Joker (teal green colors and various ties in Axis and apartment scenes)

AxisJoker.jpg

Gangster disguise Joker ("I have taken off my makeup")

GangsterJoker.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys: DX Joker variations

Poll is up.

I would buy Mob and/or Museum. I wouldn't be interested in any teal/green Jokers or the one with the wine glass.

Museum and Smilex would be cool. Although the Reveal Joker (1st Appearance) could come with one Jack Napier HS and the joker sculpt...with purple spot on the neck :lol Seriously, that version with a normal Jack sculpt would be nice.

I would have to agree with wanting the mob Joker. It would be nice to get a "Flesh toned" Joker since we've already gotten two of the white skinned Joker's...It would also be pretty easy to use the Flesh toned head from the Mob Joker and the DX08 outfit to make a Museum joker if you really wanted one.

If they had to be separate releases and I could only choose one...

Hmmmmm.

Well, if the Mob release included the alternate parts to make Museum Joker, probably that one. If not, only if they pulled a DX 13 and included a chair with Rotelli's charred corpse to pose him with.

I've always been pretty partial to the Reveal and Smilex variations, though.

What's so special about the mob version though? I get the flesh color sculpt, but you can get that with the museum version, and that's a more memorable scene, imo.

What's so special about the mob version though? I get the flesh color sculpt, but you can get that with the museum version, and that's a more memorable scene, imo.

I personally like the Mob scene look the best because of how intimidating he looks. He's all wild eyed and it was the first time we saw him with flesh makeup so it was a bit jarring. His facial wound prosthetics look the best there, not to mention the pinstripes on his clothes. For me, I think the mob scene is just as iconic as the museum scene. The lines and the joy buzzer/burning gag put it at the top in my opinion.

Thing is, there's a lot of great, classic moments that are covered throughout the various looks so it is hard to pick just want. Like if someone wanted the Napier/Gangster look, you'd have the burned gloves, bleached clothes look with the bloodied newspaper. Or imagine the Smylex version with all the props he'd come with like the shopping cart, cardboard cutouts of the dead/poisoned supermodels, beach balls, etc.

The ones I definitely wouldn't have an interest in are casual or greenish teal. Those are extremely boring to me. Smylex would be a tough sell too because he's too similar to the regular DX 08.

I've been anxiously awaiting variations! When they released the mime Joker I was disappointed, but glad HT was making more of them! For me a grail piece would be Nicholson pre-disfigurement, but I wouldn't hold my breath for that, so I gotta go with Mob.

I personally like the Mob scene look the best because of how intimidating he looks. He's all wild eyed and it was the first time we saw him with flesh makeup so it was a bit jarring. His facial wound prosthetics look the best there, not to mention the pinstripes on his clothes. For me, I think the mob scene is just as iconic as the museum scene. The lines and the joy buzzer/burning gag put it at the top in my opinion.

Thing is, there's a lot of great, classic moments that are covered throughout the various looks so it is hard to pick just want. Like if someone wanted the Napier/Gangster look, you'd have the burned gloves, bleached clothes look with the bloodied newspaper. Or imagine the Smylex version with all the props he'd come with like the shopping cart, cardboard cutouts of the dead/poisoned supermodels, beach balls, etc.

The ones I definitely wouldn't have an interest in are casual or greenish teal. Those are extremely boring to me. Smylex would be a tough sell too because he's too similar to the regular DX 08.

Yeah, as long we get non-hat hair Joker sculpt, I'll be really happy. I actually like the green shirt look because it looks different than all of the other orange shirt versions, but he wouldn't come with any cool accessories. I'm happy with the dx 08, but I can see myself getting ONE more 89 Joker, so it would have to be different than the DX08, but at the same time still have the "classic" joker look. So the museum, first appearance, and the smilex would be my favorites. But then again, I like the green shirt with the tie :lol

Nurse Joker, of course.

Can't do, Nolan and supposedly the Ledgers said no can do, bro.

Instead, bet on DX 3.0 Clown shape with metal pipe, ferry boat speech notes, Rottweiler and a net to throw on your derpy eyed DX Batman.

I like the partial makeup on the 'Museum/Partyman Joker' version, but other than the head and beret, there isn't much of a difference from the DX08.

All the other looks are meh, not worth having on the shelf.

I'm totally in for a museum Joker. "I'm melting !!" Love it.
I agree that the tease was there for further 89 Joker variants. I'd be happy to buy almost any, but given a choice, yes, the museum variant.

The mob scene is great as well. "It's gonna be a hot time in the old town tonight!".

I read earlier that someone thought Jack was miscast, but I thought he brilliant in the part. The Jack/Michael dynamic worked for me.

Back