Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece 1/6 Mandarin Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Further to the new "I could care less thread"

I could care less if this sells well or not, I liked the portrayal of the mandarin in iron man 3, like iron man figures in general-have most figures. And this is on my po list:wave

Are you saying you like it or you don't?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om7O0MFkmpw[/ame]

many here hated IM3, but have said they are ordering or have already ordered the mandarin. FACT.

Whut, lol. This thread is far too small a sample-size to correctly gauge overall collector interest.

the hot toys display at comic con had the mandarin featured as the centerpiece among many other figures, and i don't remember reading or hearing one negative comment about those who saw it in person.

Wow, then you completely missed the Facebook page. LOL.

the figure gives a good amount of accessories including an antique chair for him to sit in for a relatively small retail price of $215. FACT.

I don't recall protesting that the figure came without a place to sit....?

the awesome head sculpt, although never finalized by hot toys until it ships, has gotten MANY positive comments on the ben kingsley likeness, some even saying this is one of the best human sculpts to come along in a great while from hot toys. FACT.

One could state this about many, if not most of the sculpts HT releases.

do you have any facts to lend, or is your argument opinion driven only?

Still waiting for those "FACTS" proving that this figure is "selling like hot cakes." I am seeing a bunch of opinion and wishful thinking from you, true - but "FACTS" I am not really seeing. Anyhoo, enjoy this figure. You like him and I am content to let you have him. :peace

GrandpaSimpson.gif

I think your first point is slightly off in that I believe Hot Toys have reduced the stock allocations to any suppliers other than their official distributor (in this case SSC) and they set the amount that SSC can dispatch to 3rd party sellers...

I can tell you that HT does not dictate who SS sells too,

Where was I saying that they dictated whom SCC could sell to? You said that BBTS were reducing their order sizes, hence PO sell-outs. And I say you're probably wrong because it is SCC/HT that have reduced stock allocations to other sellers.

In other words, the official exclusive supplier to the north American region is SSC and they are clearly reducing their stock allocations to the 3rd party retailers. It's not unfair nor is it unreasonable for HT to have some say in this. They are HT's products and it is an exclusive deal after all.

So, did you catch it that time LipSmack? Or do you need me to explain it in single-syllable words?

A little though before a post goes a long way

It sure does, shame you didn't bother to follow your own advice!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om7O0MFkmpw

:lol He saw my thread in the sandbox. As such his does not count as a genuine 'could care less' mistake. Sorry Ebor, we don't write those ones up. It has to be completely oblivious for recognition in the thread as per the unwritten rule of the similar 'bad boy' thread :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om7O0MFkmpw

Did you read my comment from begining to end?:lol

and yes I deliberately used the 'I couldn't care less' comment just so someone would post the 'I couldn't care less' gif...

because I couldn't care less about this thread and the contents herein other than the first posting listing specs and ordering info:wave

:lol He saw my thread in the sandbox. As such his does not count as a genuine 'could care less' mistake. Sorry Ebor, we don't write those ones up. It has to be completely oblivious for recognition in the thread as per the unwritten rule of the similar 'bad boy' thread :lol

...damn you a-dev, damn you straight to hell...:lol

Also just preordered the Mark 42 to go along with this guy. I know I am in the minority here but I think the Mark 42 is the best onscreen main suit so far. Love the colors on it.

I need some opinions. I've seen the movie. Wasn't too happy with the twist.
However the sculpt is impressive.
I know mandarin character (regardless what happened in IM3) is Starks arch enemy like how joker is to batman.
Iv set up my own avengers team in one cabinet shelf I've got iron man, hulk, thor, capt - I've added wolverine and spiderman to my set as I'm not massive fans the other avenger characters.
I plan on doing a villain shelf. I've already got loki & red skull.
I want a villian from one of the iron man movies. Which do you guys think would be best to get iron monger or the mandarin (going off if push what happened in IM3 aside)

If i am not mistaken, the Mandarin was that Killian character and not this guy. So the few fans that are upset are just upset for no reason. For the 1000th time, this so called Mandarin was an act to conceal the true identity of the real Mandarin (Killian).

The Mandarin was supposed to have powerful rings taken from alien tech from a crashed spaceship....so Killian or Kingsley were the Mandarin..but now due to an awful script..the mandarin has been wasted. Actually, he was wasted in Iron Man 3, but not what I meant

It is ashame..the figure is really well done...if he was the true villian in IM3 I would suspect it would do really well in sales...I am sure it will still be a good seller though...just could have been alot more.

Iron monger it is!
I'm not a massive comic reader. Is iron monger a lot more a iconic villian than whiplash?

I need some opinions. I've seen the movie. Wasn't too happy with the twist.
However the sculpt is impressive.
I know mandarin character (regardless what happened in IM3) is Starks arch enemy like how joker is to batman.
Iv set up my own avengers team in one cabinet shelf I've got iron man, hulk, thor, capt - I've added wolverine and spiderman to my set as I'm not massive fans the other avenger characters.
I plan on doing a villain shelf. I've already got loki & red skull.
I want a villian from one of the iron man movies. Which do you guys think would be best to get iron monger or the mandarin (going off if push what happened in IM3 aside)
Iron Monger by far. Just a way bigger visual impact. I'm amazed Monger's still available from BBTS. If you didn't want to go with Monger, then I'd wait for Whiplash Mark II. Both the armours, IMO, have more visual presence and are nicer throwbacks to the comics, whereas this Mandarin is just too movie specific for my tastes, being such a great likeness of Kingsley.

That said, HT has done a nice job on Mandarin and maybe if I were a bigger IM fan I would bother with it but... probably not.

Iron monger it is!
I'm not a massive comic reader. Is iron monger a lot more a iconic villian than whiplash?
Iron Monger's design seems to be pretty close to comics, given the covers I've seen. I think maybe more liberties were taken with Iron Whiplash but the design still looks very comics inspired, even if not totally accurate. Both beautiful figures that you couldn't go wrong with, IMO.

Last edited:
That I wouldn't know. I don't read comics Lol. But iron whiplash is badass looking too. If you decide to wait for it.

Sweet :) I'll go with monger ahead of whiplash. I preferred jeff bridges character
thanks dudes for swaying me to dig deeper into my wallet ha :)

Back