Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece 1/6 Mandarin Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I'm definitely curious if Hot Toys were to....
Spoiler Spoiler:

Now that, I would buy sans the 'breathing' thing idea. :)

Spoiler Spoiler:

True

Spoiler Spoiler:

The "twist" was a brave move. Clearly split fans & collectors right down the middle.

I for one liked it, I sat open mouthed in the cinema for the first couple of minutes afterwards doing my best goldfish expression, then laughed out loud. Not often that a "Summer Action" movie completely suprises you!

I will buy the figure and if he comes with "alternate" outfit that's be perfect...... well no, it'd be perfect if he came with his "twist" moment bedfellows....... Heh, I can dream :D

Look! No spoiler tags and I didn't give away a thing!!

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

People said that? :monkey3 Which performance they are talking about? Before or after the joke! :lol

I can see that parallel...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Now that, I would buy sans the 'breathing' thing idea. :)

Haha fair enough. Also for anyone who has seen the movie but felt a bit disappointed...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Re: HotToys 1/6 Mandarin

What, sorry don't understand what you are trying to say here. :dunno

I have not seen the movie, since it hasn't released in the US yet.

It's was kinda last night. I am on the us so is the movie. One more showing in lake arrowhead and big bear Lake.

The main bad guy's are Aim. In this movie. Ht should have put out a man. Before the movie. I love him with his cans of something.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I wonder if this guy comes with that dragon Throne we see in the trailers. And yes I have seen the film, and I'm not sure in this dude till the full reveal

I can see a lot of Funny Custom Bashes of this guy when or if he's released lol. Just sayin

I get that he's a historical person.

I just find it odd that he is going to be released in may of 2013, close to the release date of the Iron Man 3 film.

And his chosen wardrobe is Green Clothing, with black and Gold armor.

Which happens to be one of the "iconic" looks of the Comic book Mandarian.

Yup. just coincidence.

Or clever marketing.

^ Apparently Guan Yu's choice of colour is also Green... so if the figure depicts a historical figure accurately... one could say Mandarin imitates him instead.. I believe the release date for the figure is in July... far from the date IM3 opens in Asia... April, though it was announced as the IM3 buzz was in Asia.

Different market... different audience... different production time frame, they are not actually competing products.

Another HT figure, LOKI, which is green with gold armor and a scepter/spear just released has more relations...

Last edited:
LOOK! It's the Mandarin in his earlier days! :eek:

large%20love%20guru%20blu-ray5.jpg

screen-shot-2010-12-20-at-12-17-37-am.png

the-love-guru04.jpg

If they nail the hs im getting this no question, going to see it for 2nd time next week i loved it

Back