Hot Toys Morbius - 1/6 Scale It’s Morbin’ Time Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morbius is all Sony. The Sony Spider-Man Universe is a big headache for Disney and Marvel Studios. Disney would rather have the film rights to all these characters back. They have to pretend to smile at the SSU trainwreck if they want to keep Spider-Man in the MCU.

They would not push for anything that furthers the SSU so they would certainly not force Hot Toys to make this Morbin’ figure even if it was up to them.
Hmmm then again Disney is in charge of the Spider-Man merch so maybe Disney did do this? So yea while Sony is in charge of the crap universe. Disney is in charge of spidey merch.

Hmmm then again Disney is in charge of the Spider-Man merch so maybe Disney did do this? So yea while Sony is in charge of the crap universe. Disney is in charge of spidey merch.

Disney does have the merchandise rights to the characters but I can’t imagine they’d push for a Morbius figure when there’s so many others from their own massive catalogue of popular properties that could be made.

Why make a licensee put out a figure from a flop movie from a “rival” universe they’d rather people forget and not force Hot Toys to make other figures instead? Disney knows merchandise sales are proportional to the box office numbers. This figure is not going to pull in any significant amount of money.

Feels more likely Hot Toys has a broad license for the SSU and they decided to exercise it because someone there loves Jared Leto. They made kind of a ridiculous number of Leto Joker figures.

From the interWEBS: “Sony, which was in dire need of cash in 2011, reworked the agreement and let go of its share of merchandising sales, while Disney forwent its share of box-office receipts.”

You can see that all of the Spider-Man and his amazing villains have a Marvel CPII at the bottom of the product text which the purely Disney MCU figures do not so it’s hard to tell still who has the say so. Getting the $ from sales is not necessarily the same thing as making calls as to what gets made (but in this case it could be).

A new figure of this guy would sell like crazy. ☹️
8efb7e7e30fa766b5eb218e91ff7cd82--real-vampires-fictional-characters.jpg

Licensing for the first Blade film is a nightmare. PCS have been trying for years.

But a new Snipes would be sick. A diorama where he's getting morbed would kick ass!

With a new film in the pipeline it’s pretty inevitable … but obviously it won’t be Snipes!
Yeah, but i mean of Snipes. I'm sure Ali will be good, but Snipes was born for that role and there's no way an MCU Blade movie wil be able to match the R rated greatness of Blade and Blade II. I've seen those movies too many times to count

I reckon Sony told Hot Toys that if they pit out a Morbius figure, they’ll sort out the rights issue with Garfield so HT can release that figure under the NWH license and use an up to date likeness… and I base that on absolutely nothing.

I wasn’t aware of any of the memes or really anything going on with this movie other than knowing I had zero interest in it- plus, his costume doesn’t look remotely interesting so there’s nothing to even make me want to consider him joining my other Spidey villains.
A comic version from SooSoo might interest me but he’s just not a character I’ve ever been interested in beyond a mild enjoyment of his plasma sucking antics in the 90s animated series.

I think that apart from this figure existing at all the oddest decision is not to include a regular head
He spends a fair portion of the movie looking like Leto & not so much as Morbius so think the decision to leave out a regular head seems weird

Neil

I think that apart from this figure existing at all the oddest decision is not to include a regular head
He spends a fair portion of the movie looking like Leto & not so much as Morbius so think the decision to leave out a regular head seems weird

Neil
I agree completely. That’s actually the only thing that has me on the fence of getting this. I would have preferred to display him with a regular portrait.

Back