Hot Toys Morbius - 1/6 Scale It’s Morbin’ Time Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that apart from this figure existing at all the oddest decision is not to include a regular head
He spends a fair portion of the movie looking like Leto & not so much as Morbius so think the decision to leave out a regular head seems weird

Neil

Yeah an alternate Leto head sculpt and regular hands would be a good inclusion.

As aforementioned in this thread, the flying bats accessories would look great with a Batman figure!

So I finally watched this last night on Netflix. I honestly don't understand all the hate for it; I thought it was a perfectly fine representation of the character, and overall felt the film was akin to the first Blade in that there was some cheese, but for the most part it took itself seriously. Leto was fine in the role, and the effects were decent. Honestly the worst parts were Sony's hamfisted attempts to connect it to, well, anything else. The "I am Venom" line seemed entirely out of place (but again, skating uphill, anyone?), and the two post credit scenes I wish had never happened because they don't make sense. But outside of that I was entertained.

And yes, this needs a JL headsculpt and some normal hands.

So I finally watched this last night on Netflix. I honestly don't understand all the hate for it; I thought it was a perfectly fine representation of the character, and overall felt the film was akin to the first Blade in that there was some cheese, but for the most part it took itself seriously. Leto was fine in the role, and the effects were decent. Honestly the worst parts were Sony's hamfisted attempts to connect it to, well, anything else. The "I am Venom" line seemed entirely out of place (but again, skating uphill, anyone?), and the two post credit scenes I wish had never happened because they don't make sense. But outside of that I was entertained.

Does that mean you'll be getting the signed groupie exclusive?

398098-84F05A98-39EB-4683-9CB0-FF6490F0E87C.jpeg

6szult.jpg

While the figure alone wasn't that interesting, with the reveal of WWbN and Man-Thing becoming possible figures (however unlikely), * the already existing Ghost Rider, I might reconsider getting this towards a full Marvel Legion of Monsters figure display.
6t0ty3.gif

Weird seeing a throwback b&w creature-feature horror x grindehouse style trailer, followed by the Disney logo.
On top of that ...a Cthulhu nightmare level Man-Thing!?
:wow:

This looks so outrageously bizarre! :lol
6sym24.gif

6sylo1.gif

Is he unscrewing that guys head?:lol

This best lead to a fun, hysterically over-the-top Werewolf, Morbius, Man-Thing, Satana, Ghost Rider, Legion of Monsters/Midnight Sons type, xover team-up.
6szult.jpg

6t0r4w.jpg

6t0r85.jpg

6szvz4.jpg

Last edited:

I'm with ya, man! It was alright. A solid 7/10. Matt Smith stole the show. I disagree with you on the Blade comparison. Blade had style, Morbius did not.

I'm with ya, man! It was alright. A solid 7/10. Matt Smith stole the show. I disagree with you on the Blade comparison. Blade had style, Morbius did not.
I agree with you two. I was waiting for it to fall in a heap the whole way through because of all the unwarranted hate… but it kept up a solid 7 right throughout. I’m not entirely sure why there was so much negativity because most of the movie side of things was good, it was just Sony’s hamfisted attempts to shoehorn in the MCU that let it down.

I finally watched this last night and enjoyed it. It's not amazing but not sure why there is so much hate. I already have the figure ordered so no regrets.

He looks great, (although I need that lining repeated in the inside collar) I'll regret not getting him if he shows up in MCU spin-off Legion of Monsters, with palls Jack Russell, Man-Thing and Ghost Rider.
Though I guess I'll come to that if it actually becomes a MCU/D+ reality.

Last edited:
Okay, the movie really isn't good. A Sinister Six display with Morbius, Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, Mysterio Electro and another Spiderman villain would be great. 🦇🦇🦇🦇

Back