1/6 Hot Toys - MMS563 - Avenger: Endgame - Captain America (2012 Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Avenger: Endgame - Captain America (2012 Version)

I love this suit, wouldn?t mind picking up a this new version at all. I?m gunna just wait and see however, no pressure having the original. Glad others who missed it can pick it up now. May just pick up the shield and boots separately too.

What happened to the new headsculpt? The one shown is the same one since Winter Soldier. Unless it is just a placeholder.

I actually prefer this to the newer EG sculpt myself, so really hope they'll keep it this way. Although it does look like they puffed up his hair some more.

What happened to the new headsculpt? The one shown is the same one since Winter Soldier. Unless it is just a placeholder.

Which sculpt are you referring to that is the same since Winter Soldier? Both the helmeted and un-helmeted sculpts for this figure are newly developed. The un-helmeted one is the same one from the regular endgame Cap that they updated after the reveal. Any difference is in the paint, but it's clearly not the same one from WS.

1613958_10151988873432344_679036382_n.jpg
captain-america-2012-version_marvel_gallery_5e0ba22594ae0.jpg
captain-america_marvel_gallery_5cdd9bf980674.jpg

With this one out, I wouldnt be surprised if they do a Movie Promo Version of the Stealth Suit that showed up.

I don’t take offense to his posts. I’ve seen enough of them to know his schtick on here.

He wouldn’t talk like that in person so you just have to read his replies like the virgin troll he probably is:lol

lmao! :lol :rotfl

With this one out, I wouldnt be surprised if they do a Movie Promo Version of the Stealth Suit that showed up.

I hope so out of all my Caps the stealth is the one i have the most of a love hate relationship with. I just wish they stayed with actual fabric material instead the new rubber type material for these

This looks so good that I'm not sure anymore if I should keep my Endgame Cap pre-order...

I don’t take offense to his posts. I’ve seen enough of them to know his schtick on here.

He wouldn’t talk like that in person so you just have to read his replies like the virgin troll he probably is:lol

Yeah. The person starts crap then act like the victim when someone responds in kind.

I thought this as well until I bit the bullet on the diecast Mark VII and compared it to its plastic counterpart. I don?t know what percentage is discast versus plastic, but it?s definitely a cooler figure in hand and on shelf. Probably partly due to general evolution of the figure but I also think there?s some visual beauty to the diecast VII and War Machine Mark IV. I think the point about the diecast shield had something to do with magnetizing it to Caps back, but I wasn?t reading the thread super closely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The paint on the plastic parts look no different than paint on the Diecast parts. Any difference in the looks are because one figure is newer and hot toys is improving over the years.

I am guessing since they all look the same you as someone who buys these dolls to play with prefers to feel the heft of the shield as you play with it? Ok understood.

I agree that diecast is an unnecessary extra cost for the most part (and sometimes limits how you can display a figure), but "playing" with these isn't the only reason someone might want diecast. Statue collectors prefer Polystone/resin over PVC and I don't think you can tell the difference there either. I don't think there's much playing going on with statue. There's something about that added weight that makes people feel like they're getting more for their money.

I agree that diecast is an unnecessary extra cost for the most part (and sometimes limits how you can display a figure), but "playing" with these isn't the only reason someone might want diecast. Statue collectors prefer Polystone/resin over PVC and I don't think you can tell the difference there either. I don't think there's much playing going on with statue. There's something about that added weight that makes people feel like they're getting more for their money.

Based on extremely limited experience tho have some IMO spectacular paint jobs e.g. a battered metallic effect with rust stains on Iron Studios 1/4 bases (that are so good I was tapping to check if it was metal or not) -

given a choice - and if able to afford it - yeah, I like the feel of metal better and there just seems often be a depth? or something with the paint I just like better. I like my metal shields better, ASMUS diecast weapons better. Even knowing the metal involved is probably full of zinc and is on the less expensive side of metals.

After getting in a plastic IM - I just missed the diecast. Even if the weight of diecast is a problem too with flight poses etc. At least with IM I figure am paying that much anyway might as well go in whole hog.:cool: With Cap tho - there's always shields u can track down. Even if the all-metal one I picked up from BBTS is so heavy it ended up as a shelf accent.:lol

Has the MMS # for this figure been announced yet? I haven?t seen it anywhere.

This cements my now vanished faith in HT.

Way to start 2020. Out of every single ****ing thing they can do, they re-release recycled trash.

Because they know people will eat said trash. Oh well.

**** this brand and what they represent. They were once catering to everyone.

While I don't agree with Franpincho's method of voicing frustration, we need people such as this to call out Hot Toys for what they do and don't do. If they don't hear the negative side, who's to say they never improve or adjust their bottom line?

I feel the pain as well from Hot Toys for not getting what I want in this regard. I'd rather see Shazam or Ghost as opposed to yet another Cap figure that I already have. And worse still, we used to be able to receive these figures about 8-9 months after solicitation. Now we're in the 18 month range (sometimes 2+ years with delays).

I'm still all aboard with Hot Toys for the solicits that I'm interested in - I just keep it in perspective that it is mostly business for them and this is reinforcement for why I Kitbash, to get what I want, when I want.

While I don't agree with Franpincho's method of voicing frustration, we need people such as this to call out Hot Toys for what they do and don't do. If they don't hear the negative side, who's to say they never improve or adjust their bottom line?

I feel the pain as well from Hot Toys for not getting what I want in this regard. I'd rather see Shazam or Ghost as opposed to yet another Cap figure that I already have. And worse still, we used to be able to receive these figures about 8-9 months after solicitation. Now we're in the 18 month range (sometimes 2+ years with delays).

I'm still all aboard with Hot Toys for the solicits that I'm interested in - I just keep it in perspective that it is mostly business for them and this is reinforcement for why I Kitbash, to get what I want, when I want.

Unfortunately, the number of pre-orders for a Shazam figure versus this Captain America update would be quite small, at least I would think so based on relative success of the films. I think this is all business for Hot Toys and at this point the only collectors passion left is Howard building one-off things like the Falcon cockpit for his own collection. I'm lucky as my interests align pretty well with the Hot Toys business model (Avengers and Star Wars), but totally understand others disappointment in another Cap or Vader...

Although, I agree that people should be voicing concerns about what figures get made/don't get made - not sure this is the figure to do it on. This is a highly demanded figure that appeared in the highest grossing movie ever. This is at the very least a redesigned/improved figure. I think complaints should be more about the repaints that no one really asked for because they never existed in any movies/formats before Hot Toys decided to make them. The fact that those take the place of figures we might want and push back the release time / cause delays for other figures is what is starting to frustrate me.

Back