1/6 Hot Toys - MMS563 - Avenger: Endgame - Captain America (2012 Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The First Avenger suit is the one I'D like to see get made! That thing was hot garbage (to be fair it was one of Hot Toy's earlier efforts).
I like The First Avenger figure. It's a little smaller than today's figures and face sculpt is off, but it moves a lot better than my STRIKE suit cap. I'd be in for an update though, but they'll probably use that plastic material they used for Endgame and Infinity War Caps.

This delay email was pretty significant. Feb of 2022? That’s getting close to three years since the movie released. Not sure how long since the preorder though. Is this an indicator that it sold poorly and it’s just being de prioritized behind other better selling stuff?

This delay email was pretty significant. Feb of 2022? That’s getting close to three years since the movie released. Not sure how long since the preorder though. Is this an indicator that it sold poorly and it’s just being de prioritized behind other better selling stuff?

It went up in Jan 2020 so a few weeks over 2 years. Par for the course these days unless it's a re-paint/re-issue.

If something became de-prioritized we would conversely get it earlier...I mean look at the Anti-Ock Suit Spidey...that fig came out like what? Almost a year early? No one wants it. It'll sit around the shelves for awhile.

I think you could make a Bucky pretty easily from the upcoming Falcon Winter Soldier Bucky and a generic WW 2 era uniform…. Would love a revisit of TFA Cap though

Agreed!! Yeah I was thinking that upcoming FWS sculpt would be good for that.

TFA Steve was my first HT figure. Despite still loving that figure, I would eat up a revisit in a heartbeat (especially with no flaky shield and a "he's making me cry" body switch out :sneaky: ).

Yea I would prefer a redo of the TFA Cap over any other. That's my favorite of his MCU looks followed by Endgame.
Mine too and First Avenger Cap was my first Hot Toys figure I got. Still love it but would love an update done right. Not like Batsuit Begins Batman.

Well I wanted to order this, and haven't, as I am tired of stacked up POs and trying to keep monthly payments down.

So gives me more time - it's the one version of Cap I don't have. My Loki delayed too.

But: Shipments Delayed: Ocean Carrier Shipping Times Surge in Supply-Chain Crunch

Read a while back that retailers start bringing holiday stuff in in July. So I figure with Covid delays + retailers wanting to restock for holidays 2021 + plus staffing messes, I'm just gonna roll with delays. A lot of time it's helpful if I blew too much money anyway. Gives me time to regroup.

Hot Toys can't keep up.

Hot Toys can't keep up.
Yeah, but no-one knows if staff got sick, production got messed up, or people outright quit. It just goes round and round too - if there were less jobs, less $$$$, less people buying collectibles, so HT has less money to make stuff. :eek:

Yeah, but no-one knows if staff got sick, production got messed up, or people outright quit. It just goes round and round too - if there were less jobs, less $$$$, less people buying collect

Then they should skip reissues, new pre orders and focus on balancing production with staff available until they are fully back up to speed.

It went up in Jan 2020 so a few weeks over 2 years. Par for the course these days unless it's a re-paint/re-issue.
Ahh ok, I forgot it went up for pre-order that long after Endgame. They really rode that train for a loooonnnng time didn't they? I'm glad, as the HT and Iron Studios collectibles from Infinity War and Endgame make for some impressive displays.

It’s those reissues though that bring in easy money which they need right now. You figure no new molds need to be made, no new engineering, resources to study and create the figure, etc.
Apparently they had some lawsuits in HK or China because of what happened with the mark 85 sculpt. Pair that with having to pretty much move immediately on getting new sculpts done immediately for replacement resulted in tons of $, time and resources being moved to focus on this. Hopefully once all the sculpts and done and replaced they’ll be back to normal.

All of that sculpt business could have been avoided if they'd just talk to their customers and made an announcement about it while it was still up for pre-order!

It's so hit and run. 'This is our new figure, go buy it' and then you never hear anything about it until they release blogger photos. No behind the scenes stuff, no production updates.

Back