1/6 Hot Toys -MMS496- Episode II: AOTC - Count Dooku (Darth Tyranus) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys -MMS496- Episode II AOTC Count Dooku Collectible Figure

I’ve been on the fence about getting this and many prequel characters in general, but this one came out really nice. Dooku was one I was always considering just because it’s Christopher Lee and he’s a cool looking character despite being underwhelming in terms of his role in the films. Might have to get this figure eventually.

This turned out great. I found this character pretty forgettable. So it's not for me. But I'm happy for everyone who's been waiting for it.

This turned out great. I found this character pretty forgettable. So it's not for me. But I'm happy for everyone who's been waiting for it.

I don't disagree but it looks awesome and he's the last remaining Sith from the movies right? Darths Sidious, Vader, Tyranus, and Maul?

Holdo was a quarter sith on her mother’s (kk) side. Not too shabby

:exactly:

Yeah, I like the actor but I really don't recall much about Dooku - I only ever saw the movie once and I vaguely remember a duel in a cave but that's about it. It's great to see PT fans get a full HT line up of the heroes and villians - hoping for their sake that Natalie Portman makes an appearance in 1/6 soon.

you forgot Rose :)

Not sure about a Sith, but Rose is definitely an anagram of Sith.:monkey3:lol

I know people always complain when there’s a new figure, but this ho early looks incredible

The only part I can't shake is the material on the cape. I know its the same that's used on Sith Ani. It just looks too soft and towel like. Dooku always had that starched pristine cape look. I guess the real costume cape was made of a stiffer suit like material?

Attachments

• eWF-884Y_400x400.jpg
    eWF-884Y_400x400.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 175
  • 34cee5ae0bb12bed9007ee82194b245f.jpg
    34cee5ae0bb12bed9007ee82194b245f.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 172

The sculpt looks great, but it seems like they sculpted a ten year younger Christopher Lee...

I’m so glad I preordered this, I can’t wait to get him and HT Maul. The age spots on his head are such a great attention to detail, I love it.

The sculpt looks great, but it seems like they sculpted a ten year younger Christopher Lee...

Yeah believe it or not Lee was 80 at the time of AOTC - he looked great for his age but the figure does seem to shave a decade off how he appears in pics from the movie.

He looks amazing!!! phew!!! those first pix were just bad pix. Can't wait to get him! :)

Damn... I might need to get this one - though I’m trying to limit my PT collection...

Save your hard-earned $$$.

I have heard rumors of Rose and pink bubble head Holdo will be displayed at SDCC this year, definitely your cup of tea right :)

The only part I can't shake is the material on the cape. I know its the same that's used on Sith Ani. It just looks too soft and towel like. Dooku always had that starched pristine cape look. I guess the real costume cape was made of a stiffer suit like material?

The cape is made out of a full wool material

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the few releases I’m tempted to pay inflated eBay prices to get early.

Will be looking forward to this, probably in September I suppose. I'm going to end up with more PT figures than I imagined I would.

I'm gonna get him. He just looks so damn good and I'm a sucker for Sith and Jedi characters.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Back