1/6 Hot Toys -MMS496- Episode II: AOTC - Count Dooku (Darth Tyranus) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys -MMS496- Episode II AOTC Count Dooku Collectible Figure

I feel like the neck is slightly too long on the final product and it's making him look thinner than he should be. Compare the in hand photos to the prototype and Sir Lee. Easy fix at least and I'll be adding some extra padding for that old man barrel chest chic. Can't wait to get this in hand!
ce7586fb09dc08f8fa320a87a3c85869.jpg
71922aee68deafb19da241cca50c21c0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Looks great! Hope I can budget this in.

I don't have a figure with high glossy boots (i.e.. Train, Solo) in my collection. Looking forward!! :) and a cape too!!!

Careful, capes can become addictive...

solo-donald-glover-millennium-falcon-capes.jpg

But the ladies love them...

wdhabxavkh67ac28rpgd

:)

Damn... I might need to get this one - though I’m trying to limit my PT collection...

I dumped my RPs on him so he's only $10 plus shipping. Made it easier to justify buying a PT character apart from Maul.

He's going to be transplanted into the OT as a Sith Acolyte.

Figure like this is not PT, its a high end Christopher Lee figure playing Count Dooku!! Now go place your orders :)

You can’t own everything, but honestly, very tempted by this figure. Really like the Production paint job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I’m glad to see that it actually turned out looking pretty good. Not far off from the proto sculpt, actually. That fist pic was a bit jarring. However, in this particular juxtaposition...

Here's proto vs production:

attachment.php

64685551_10156367983832344_4044589682103681024_o.jpg

Looks like the same sculpt, but the paint has added liver spots.

...it kind of looks like the eye area on the production sculpt is a bit soft in detail as compared to the proto sculpt, and the eyebrows aren’t as angular as the proto sculpt. Maybe it’s just me or maybe it’s just the angle or the lighting. Either way, it’s just a nitpick. I think the sculpt turned out well overall.

I think this would make for an excellent display:

BB3EA400-74CB-43EA-A245-6D10F85C0DF9.jpeg

Well I’m glad to see that it actually turned out looking pretty good. Not far off from the proto sculpt, actually. That fist pic was a bit jarring. However, in this particular juxtaposition...

...it kind of looks like the eye area on the production sculpt is a bit soft in detail as compared to the proto sculpt, and the eyebrows aren’t as angular as the proto sculpt. Maybe it’s just me or maybe it’s just the angle or the lighting. Either way, it’s just a nitpick. I think the sculpt turned out well overall.

I think it's the lighting. Too much light in some of the photos is washing out the detail, and he's getting slated on Facebook for being 'too young' or 'de-aged'. I think in hand he's going to be as good as Tarkin or TLJ Luke.

As I'm buying this as much, if not more, for my lifelong love of Christopher Lee, just the fact that it recognizably looks like him is enough to make me happy, much as it was with Peter Cushing's Tarkin figure. That they both look a touch younger than the relevant screen appearance doesn't really bother me in thiese cases, just thrilled to have quality figures of them both. :rock

Back