1/6 Hot Toys - MMS495 - Star Wars Episode II: AOTC - Yoda Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How is it misleading? If you should be mad at anyone it's the blogger who took that picture. Hot Toys never advertised the figure as coming with the chair.

I never said they did, but the pic comes from the official Hot Toys page, and the photographer obviously works for them. I was always hoping they'd add it as an accessory later on, as I'd have seen more value in the figure. It's a really nice figure, but the price is excessive considering what came with ESB Yoda.

Hot Toys shouldn't post blogger pics with other company's stuff then. I mean fighting Dooku is one thing, but accessories he may very well have come with is another. I didn't remember it coming with the chair, but HT has surprised people before so I wasn't sure when I saw the pics.

HT is using those pictures to advertise their products, so they shouldn't stray from what's included with the figure.
That’s silly I’m sorry. If a person is ignorant enough to not read the product description as far as what’s included in the box that’s on them. That’s like saying any prop or figure in a picture should be included or it’s somehow misleading. Blogger pictures are just a fun way of showcasing a product. The product page is what a person should go off of as far as what to expect when they buy said figure.

There's Coruscant background in the blogger pics. I want not only the chair but that background too.
Also why isn't Dooku included as an extra since it is also present in blogger photos?
Shame on you Hot Toys :p

That’s silly I’m sorry. If a person is ignorant enough to not read the product description as far as what’s included in the box that’s on them. That’s like saying any prop or figure in a picture should be included or it’s somehow misleading. Blogger pictures are just a fun way of showcasing a product. The product page is what a person should go off of as far as what to expect when they buy said figure.

There’s a lot of ignorance floating around, lol.
And very little of the “reading”.

Looks like this turned out really well. But without a lightup saber it just has no appeal for me, since his crazy lightsaber battles are the only reason I would ever want an AOTC Yoda to begin with.

On the contrary, my go to pose would be him standing with his two hands over his walking stick.

Looks like this turned out really well. But without a lightup saber it just has no appeal for me, since his crazy lightsaber battles are the only reason I would ever want an AOTC Yoda to begin with.
You know I’ve only actually used the light-up features on any of my Star Wars characters with lightsabers once. I tried the farm boy Luke saber because that one was easy to swap out compared with some where you have to fight to swap the arm and worry about damaging something. I’m guessing for how they currently do it they couldn’t work the battery compartment and light into an arm as tiny as Yoda’s.

You know what's silly? Using other company's products in promo photos for your own. I was not expecting it to come with the chair, I knew it wasn't from when I ordered it. But showing the chair in any fashion is a stupid move on HT's part and they shouldn't have shared those photos. It's not like other figures don't come with chairs or large accessories already and it's easy to see how someone would look through 80 or whatever photos they share when the product releases than the 8-10 they usually do that sometimes don't even show everything they come with.

You're just being dense to defend them.

You know what's silly? Using other company's products in promo photos for your own. I was not expecting it to come with the chair, I knew it wasn't from when I ordered it. But showing the chair in any fashion is a stupid move on HT's part and they shouldn't have shared those photos. It's not like other figures don't come with chairs or large accessories already and it's easy to see how someone would look through 80 or whatever photos they share when the product releases than the 8-10 they usually do that sometimes don't even show everything they come with.

You're just being dense to defend them.
Umm, no I'm really not being dense to defend them. It's pretty much using common sense, but hey if it's that hard to understand and that makes me dense then guilty as charged. Again, you could say that about using any prop in a picture and it not being included. Does using like fake shrubbery or trees and those not being included make it misleading? Do different backgrounds being used but not included make something misleading (because afterall we sometimes get backdrops included)? Again, go by what's included in the product description, not by some blog pictures used to showcase the figure.

You know I’ve only actually used the light-up features on any of my Star Wars characters with lightsabers once. I tried the farm boy Luke saber because that one was easy to swap out compared with some where you have to fight to swap the arm and worry about damaging something. I’m guessing for how they currently do it they couldn’t work the battery compartment and light into an arm as tiny as Yoda’s.

Yeah I used to be the same way, but I finally started wiring up all my figures to work without batteries, so I would have loved to have included Yoda with his green lightsaber as well. And I just checked and the arm on my ESB Yoda isn't any smaller than the forearm on Rey, which they managed to fit a light into, so I'm sure it was possible. His arms are a lot shorter, but I've opened these up before and the actual electronics don't take up that much space and they could have just used the entire arm for it if they had wanted.

For those of use who own or have owned the ESB version, I’m not sure how much more excitement this will bring. No offense. No light up saber and a flight stand. - - - With a new head basically.

I’ve got the ESB version and I’m a bit more excited to get this than I was it. This one is just about perfect and the posing options will be incredible.

It's just a shame they couldn't have made the ESB sculpt as accurate to that movie as this one is to AOTC.

My sentiments as well. Yet despite it looking more inaccurate to OT Yoda than this is to PT Yoda, I still prefer the ESB Yoda simply because it’s OT Yoda, if I were to only choose one to have.

This will be my one Yoda. For now anyway. Like Coco said, the posing options will be wonderful. I can’t wait.

Back