1/6 Hot Toys - MMS494 - Solo: A Star Wars Story Patrol Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Solo: A Star Wars Story Patrol Trooper

The McQuarrie vibe is this trooper ' s high point. Hope HT does the Range Trooper.

The downside here is the chances of RO Tank Commander and Shore Trooper variants just died here. Looks like the train is moving forward...

I PO'D it...but what a wait... December 2019? Wow.

Estimated arrival is Jul-Sep 2019.

This guy hardly on screen for around 10sec and ended with stupid lame crashed, yet got a Hot Toys version ??

Where the ** is Death Star Trooper ???

This guy hardly on screen for around 10sec and ended with stupid lame crashed, yet got a Hot Toys version ??

Where the ** is Death Star Trooper ???

The guy was on screen for 10 seconds for the Hot Toys figure.

I fully agree with the folks saying this has a McQuarrie vibe to it. Solo and Rouge One ended up with the best trooper designs in all the movies from 1999 and up imo.

Not at all. I left the Marvel board to post this:

Try to keep up.

So you're saying you left the marvel board just to troll this thread, classy! lol

Range Troopers are looking better all the time...

...with their clank-clank magnetic feet and their Tank Trooper helmet.

Trolling would be posting something provocative to elicit an angry/upset response. I merely stated an opinion based on a fact.

Educate yourself.

Telling soneone “there’s no accounting for taste” because they like something you dont is ttolling pure and simple. Try and spin your negative crap however you want.

Have fun here! *waving goodbye as I put you on ignore*

I fully agree with the folks saying this has a McQuarrie vibe to it. Solo and Rouge One ended up with the best trooper designs in all the movies from 1999 and up imo.

Someone said it best that the Disney OT-era is like Taco Bell. They’ve been liked by the majority because they’re using the same ingredients they’ve always had, but just mixed in different ways to come out with “new” things:lol

Telling soneone “there’s no accounting for taste” because they like something you dont is ttolling pure and simple. Try and spin your negative crap however you want.

Have fun here! *waving goodbye as I put you on ignore*

What a sad, angry, little man.

“there's no accounting for taste - proverb - In subjective matters of taste, people have wildly different opinions; disagreements about matters of taste cannot be objectively resolved.”

Synonym: to each his own.

It wasn’t an insult. :lol

Last edited:

A little surprised at the price for a basic trooper. Bummed to think that the upcoming Royal Guard will surely be the last $205 HT figure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Someone said it best that the Disney OT-era is like Taco Bell. They’ve been liked by the majority because they’re using the same ingredients they’ve always had, but just mixed in different ways to come out with “new” things:lol

Ha! good way of putting it!

A little surprised at the price for a basic trooper. Bummed to think that the upcoming Royal Guard will surely be the last $205 HT figure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agreed. Its a little expensive considering all that comes with it (or lack thereof). I would have guessed $205-210ish considering how much you get with the Han Solo (Mudtrooper). Oh well. Hoping Alter Ego puts it up for preorder tomorrow. Should be able to use up some points on it.

Ack...Read that release date wrong. Still- it's pretty crazy that it's a year - plus out. I think that might be yet another reason for NRD on the new characters. With that LONG wait, I'm sure interest probably wanes and impulse buyers may be less likely to cancel when some loss may be involved.

The design for this trooper is a little basic compared to say, the Range Trooper. That one (if produced), has a lot more bulk and details. Wouldn't be surprised to see that one PO at close to $300.

A $300 Trooper would be amazing.

I could see $235... that's it unless it came with an amazing base, then maybe $254 like Death Trooper deluxe

Back