1/6 Hot Toys - MMS494 - Solo: A Star Wars Story Patrol Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This guy is sold out at SSC and BBTS. Was still available at Timewalker and Alter Ego that I last saw.

Username, your work is brilliant. You should consider sending some finished shots to Lucasfilm. Your work on that speeder would probably be appreciated by the folks at ILM. Cool way to let them know their own efforts on Solo were noticed and they inspired your own project. Looking forward to more shots of that speeder and the trooper.

Username, your work is brilliant. You should consider sending some finished shots to Lucasfilm. Your work on that speeder would probably be appreciated by the folks at ILM. Cool way to let them know their own efforts on Solo were noticed and they inspired your own project. Looking forward to more shots of that speeder and the trooper.

Thank you for your kind words, my friend.
But I doubt I am even close to the hallowed, rarified air of the ILM artisans.
I know the skills I have and I know there are plenty out there above my level.
But I appreciate your compliments nonetheless.
I got a couple of small but important details added today. Superficial parts but which add to the look.
They are the small, canted fins on the front upper at the leading edge.
I also gave my previous Trooper stand-in a scout Trooper helmet(No pics yet. Maybe tomorrow).
Till then, here are some pics of the Speeder outside.

420a9b729dd261376a982573dad13e06.jpg

7dc2702218f88012d0c58bc61672af7f.jpg

dc559b4f7383914c3150d90c7e8b7f8b.jpg

180effb3af01712c8aea1211a9b21530.jpg

5dbcbced30aa81aee64d65d0dc49bd8f.jpg

9370465584d7969b884b4d24535da814.jpg

02148e218e48f70111bbb0deaa7a68cf.jpg

679e9b3e2134cb8dc894deedf58968e9.jpg

Though it's a little underscaled compared to the movie, I think this scale works better for the figure as it's a patroler and needs a fast vehicle rather than a bulky speeder..

Really impressive, username! Love the attention to detail:clap

Thanks!
We have had a crazy week at work with more than usual to do, but I should have more things done in the next few days.

Though it's a little underscaled compared to the movie, I think this scale works better for the figure as it's a patroler and needs a fast vehicle rather than a bulky speeder..

Thanks. In some images it looks really small, but it’s a camera artefact(Like when you take a pic and a figure’s head looks too large).
its absolutely massive, lol.
But I am nearing the end. I now have only five specific sets of items left to craft for this build before it’s ready to be painted.
Then I will be on to the next project.
If work isn’t too hectic this week I might get most of it done.

Does anyone know when this one is expected to arrive in Europe? ...should be very soon, right?

Should be. If not right now, then soon, surely.
I am beginning to wonder if Sideshow handles distribution for Hot Toys *Everywhere*.
Like, they go from China, to Sideshow, and Sideshow(Through worldwide distributors), sends them out from there.
Because, surely, if they went in every direction from China, surely we would *all* get them at the same time?(Not counting those of us who buy directly from Ebay sellers, of course once it hits the HK streets).

Does anyone know when this one is expected to arrive in Europe? ...should be very soon, right?

I'm in Europe, and I git this guy from a Chinese supplier about a month or more ago just as an impulse buy. Maybe should try that more often. Only cost maybe €10 to €15 more than retail.

Almost worth it for the best figures, but a bit of a gamble for many figures though. Pre-order is still the best way imo.

Should be. If not right now, then soon, surely.
I am beginning to wonder if Sideshow handles distribution for Hot Toys *Everywhere*.
Like, they go from China, to Sideshow, and Sideshow(Through worldwide distributors), sends them out from there.
Because, surely, if they went in every direction from China, surely we would *all* get them at the same time?(Not counting those of us who buy directly from Ebay sellers, of course once it hits the HK streets).

That is unfortunately how it is handled as the European supplier is SSC

LCDN is said to receive items directly from Hot Toys. However, considering they still get the figures after SSC, maybe Hot Toys send first and bigger batches to SSC and then to LCDN.

Yep, he's pretty awesome ! I was late to the party, but definitely don't regret getting him.

Such a classic look to fit into the OT world.

Back