1/6 Hot Toys - MMS494 - Solo: A Star Wars Story Patrol Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great to see some more folks getting this outstanding figure! Really enjoying the new shots showing up in here. They look great!
A few more from me...

PATROL TROOPER-016.jpg

PATROL TROOPER-013.jpg

PATROL TROOPER-014.jpg

It really is a solid figure...great trooper to add to an Imperial display!

Yes!!!
Mudtrooper will be my next figure from Solo and then Maul.
Really wish they did the Mimban and Range but am glad for what has so far been released from Solo.
I would like the Wook from this movie but I feel that figure may have missed the boat.

I need to get this guy sometime soon. Really an impressive figure for a Trooper with very little screen time.

The Sideshow Scout was the first figure by them I ever received and I never truly liked it. Just looks and feels cheap in comparison with other Troopers if you ask me. Kinda turned me off buying other Sideshow pieces. All I have from them is the deluxe R2, 3PO, R5-D4, and the Jawas.

Sounds like exactly the figures I have from SS as well. Also picked them up slowly over the years on discount. I found the Scout was OK. The base was at least pretty useable with the wood logs rather than the bare bones hexagonal stands many of their other figures had.

Yes!!!
Mudtrooper will be my next figure from Solo and then Maul.
Really wish they did the Mimban and Range but am glad for what has so far been released from Solo.
I would like the Wook from this movie but I feel that figure may have missed the boat.

Yep, I also pulled the trigger on the Mudtrooper. He's such a versatile figure. Solo movie representation or a cool masked figure which could fit in any alien/Mandalorian lineup.

Nice pictures Jedibear, obiGlenn and futurion:clap
This trooper always catches my eye on a daily basis when i glance my displays. Really cool design.

IMG_5071.JPG

So saw the price for this guy from HK sellers was down a bit from all the rest. So got weak and pulled the trigger.

Wasn't really planning it. But hey why not. He's a very cool design and lines up well with the other OT troopers.

I blame you and your photos Irezumi ! :lol

Background is crude but it's a start
f8718754f2d4c0abc7dfe035aa6a9879.jpg

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Is that just a cut out ?

I think someone was planning to make a Speeder for this guy. Due to the blocky nature I guess it may not be too difficult. Will need to do some research on that. Maybe someone on RPF ?

edit. found this. Not bad (in 1/12th scale but definitely doable). Nice base/stand too.

1a.JPG

3a.JPG

ipt2.JPG

ipt3.JPG

Is that just a cut out ?

I think someone was planning to make a Speeder for this guy. Due to the blocky nature I guess it may not be too difficult. Will need to do some research on that. Maybe someone on RPF ?

edit. found this. Not bad (in 1/12th scale but definitely doable). Nice base/stand too.

View attachment 463060

It's a lovely piece. I saw a review of the Patrol Trooper on Ebay by the guy who has that speeder.
The only thing they got wrong is the fact there is supposed to be a gap between the top and bottom of the front hull.
But at such a small scale, i doubt the guy cares.

Imperial_Patrol_Speeder.png

Yeah no exactly. Probably didn't have enough greeblies to put in the gap either.

After a couple of quick calcs this thing in 1/6 would be very large. 686mm (27 inches) long !!

Yeah no exactly. Probably didn't have enough greeblies to put in the gap either.

After a couple of quick calcs this thing in 1/6 would be very large. 686mm (27 inches) long !!

There's a slight conundrum i have encountered, and that is that Hot Toys rarely, if ever, make their figures exactly 1/6.
Usually it's 12" scale(Which works for a lot of figures, but not for all).
The Man Of Steel figures were proper 1/6 but were huge compared to other HT figures. Most vehicles have been slightly undersized as a result but are scaled to the figures. I usually work with an understanding that the figures are about 1/6.6, give or take, when i am scaling 1/6 weapons and props. The fact that Doc and Marty scarcely fit in the Delorean bears this out.
I too, scaled this speeder, but it looked a bit too big compared to figures.
And it begs the question... Do you underscale the vehicle to fit to the figures? Or scale the vehicle properly, and hope no-one realises the figures look slightly small?

There's a slight conundrum i have encountered, and that is that Hot Toys rarely, if ever, make their figures exactly 1/6.
Usually it's 12" scale(Which works for a lot of figures, but not for all).
The Man Of Steel figures were proper 1/6 but were huge compared to other HT figures. Most vehicles have been slightly undersized as a result but are scaled to the figures. I usually work with an understanding that the figures are about 1/6.6, give or take, when i am scaling 1/6 weapons and props. The fact that Doc and Marty scarcely fit in the Delorean bears this out.
I too, scaled this speeder, but it looked a bit too big compared to figures.
And it begs the question... Do you underscale the vehicle to fit to the figures? Or scale the vehicle properly, and hope no-one realises the figures look slightly small?

Well that's interesting.

Who knows how exact the "real vehicle measurements" are on Wookiepedia or wherever.

Between those figures and what Hot Toys uses (probably using anything from official info from Disney to initial screen shots from trailers etc) who knows that the actual scale ends up being.

If I was making a vehicle, my first priority would be does it look right with the figure. No one (other than a couple of OCD people on here) will question the actual scale imo :)

I think the first question most people would ask upon seeing this figure and/or the speeder would be "What movie is this from?" so I don't think the scale matters much lol, might as well make it fit in a detolf.

Well that's interesting.

Who knows how exact the "real vehicle measurements" are on Wookiepedia or wherever.

Between those figures and what Hot Toys uses (probably using anything from official info from Disney to initial screen shots from trailers etc) who knows that the actual scale ends up being.

If I was making a vehicle, my first priority would be does it look right with the figure. No one (other than a couple of OCD people on here) will question the actual scale imo :)

Well i have been roughing out the shape myself and reckon you could "get away with" a shade over 23 inches(Not including the nose "antenna").
Just a sharpie sketch on a big sheet of paper:

Photo%2031-07-2019%2013%2041%2025.jpg

Photo%2031-07-2019%2013%2041%2034.jpg

Photo%2031-07-2019%2013%2041%2044.jpg

Photo%2031-07-2019%2013%2041%2052.jpg

Back