1/6 Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

pre-ordered the deluxe as well

Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Deluxe sold out at BBTS now.

pre-ordered the deluxe....and Anakin also.. Ah well, you only live once!!!

Eh as long as it wasn’t $50 or more for the deluxe, I don’t mind..the emperor/ Anakin accessory is pretty cool. I will say that I have my reservations going through BBTS with the huge delay on my Spidey HC :lecture but hopefully , that’s HT fault and not BBTS. Because I will never justify the NRDs with SSC..sorry :slap

That’s another reason why people buy from SS. Get it earlier as they get the batch for their orders first in most cases. If you know you’re keeping an order I’m not sure how $25 deposit is that big a deal.

But, with the $20 coupons drying up I don’t see much reason to order from them anymore so I’ve started ordering elsewhere.

Has Sideshow given any reasons why those $20 coupons are drying up?

Last figure I received with a coupon on the box was the Guardians of the Galaxy 2 Star Lord figure... and it was already expired!

Agreed. But I do feel like in order for HT to do Ashoka, she’d have to be portrayed in some form of live action. I just don’t see HT doing figures from TCW or Rebels, unless it’s a live action show like they did with Netflix’s Daredevil.
I'm hoping she shows up in one of these side stories.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

That’s another reason why people buy from SS. Get it earlier as they get the batch for their orders first in most cases. If you know you’re keeping an order I’m not sure how $25 deposit is that big a deal.

But, with the $20 coupons drying up I don’t see much reason to order from them anymore so I’ve started ordering elsewhere.
Have you ordered any HT SW from BBTS? I was wondering if they double boxed?
I got my BW Venkman and they did.

They always double box, everything is always pristine. No added charge either.

I have got some HT not double boxed from BBTS but i'm not a double box guy so it did not bother me.

This was a no brained pre order for me. Skipped the deluxe though. Definitely water down the tunic though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have got some HT not double boxed from BBTS but i'm not a double box guy so it did not bother me.

Oi, really?

Never happened to me thus far, even when there was nothing else in my loot. Was it recently or awhile ago?

I’m not a double box guy either but it’s always appreciated when it is.

Haven’t ordered any 1/6 from BBTS yet actually, outside of SS it’s been mostly AlterEgo and they double box.

Thanks!
Ive been ordering from SS and I've notice that not only are the boxes arriving in even worse condition but they shipping cost has been steadily increasing. Its averaging 20 bucks to ship from CA to Indiana. BBTS is looking better for my Palps and Guard purchase.

Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Jedi communicator, used in all the prequels, one of a handful of “utility belt” accessories Sideshow also included, and the film prop was built up from a lady Gillette razor.

I always thought those communicator designs looked familiar. I think my sister had one of those razors growing up. :lol

Timewalker Toys has the Deluxe up for $265 and regular for $227. I can't really understand how they're basically the only store that undercuts the prices at all. They were the only US one to do a deal for 2 Royal Guards too.

Stores are allowed to charge 8% less. The only one who still does that is Midtown Comics but their shipping prices are a joke so it’s probably a wash after shipping (ie, you’re getting free shipping but no other discount). Whether they can do free shipping plus the 8% I’m not sure of, it’s possible it wouldn’t be very profitable as I’m not sure of their margins.

$9 isn’t that undercutting IMO from SRP , plus tax it would be about the same as everyone else..you give Timewalker too much credit

Only Timewalker charges tax? :lol

Who pays tax? It's why I never buy from SS unless I have to. $9 is $9.

And yes I will give credit to the one retailer offering a discount on figures that cost hundreds of dollars.

I’d love to see someone do either free shipping plus rewards or the discount and free shipping—Timewalker is the closest to the latter but figures ordered at the same time can ship at such random times. Hypothetically, not sure I’d want to wait 3 or 4 months for a second figure to arrive to get the free shipping deal. Especially when there’s the possible issue of replacement parts, dots (Leia), etc.

Alter Ego is technically undercutting their price too. They actually offer free shipping.

Do they? I feel like last time I checked on a figure they still had shipping on most.

Has Sideshow given any reasons why those $20 coupons are drying up?

Last figure I received with a coupon on the box was the Guardians of the Galaxy 2 Star Lord figure... and it was already expired!

It seems like it but it could be temporary. This does seem to be the longest gap they’ve had though.

They’ve been sending out $50 coupons in the mail to some people though. So I can’t imagine they’re done done. Must be trying different tactics to see what nets the most orders.

Do they? I feel like last time I checked on a figure they still had shipping on most.
They just sent an email about it. Most items over $200.

Alter Ego’s email:
Free Shipping Update

Never a dull moment in this business, let me tell you.
Bad news. Shortly after we setup free shipping on select items on the site via FedEx Smart Post, they jacked up their rates. So much so that it didn't make sense for us to continue using them - so we're not.
Good news is we're still offering free shipping on most newly listed items over $200. But we're going to use UPS Ground or USPS Priority Mail. Even better news - your orders will get to you faster!
The following items below will ship free:
Obi-Wan Kenobi Deluxe & Standard by Hot Toys
Spider-Man Miles Morales Premium Format Figure
Have a great week!
Marc and Team Alter Ego

They’ve been sending out $50 coupons in the mail to some people though. So I can’t imagine they’re done done. Must be trying different tactics to see what nets the most orders.
Wish I’d get on the list for one of these. Sideshow seems to be giving less and less incentive to order non-exclusive items from them. Flex pay is nice but that’s about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!
Ive been ordering from SS and I've notice that not only are the boxes arriving in even worse condition but they shipping cost has been steadily increasing. Its averaging 20 bucks to ship from CA to Indiana. BBTS is looking better for my Palps and Guard purchase.

:goodpost: :exactly: Yeah...it is getting too expensive to get anything from Sideshow anymore. $20 to get it shipped to Indiana is so outrageous. I am buying all of my Hot Toys through Big Bad Toy store now.

Most doesn’t turn it into my go-to place for all orders though. Just checked the DX Emperor and it was $20 for shipping, so I’ll still keep my BBTS order for that. I do order from AE frequently though, just got my Tarkin from them and have never had any complaints.

Back