1/6 Hot Toys - MMS472 - Thor: Ragnarok - Loki Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi fellow collectors, I am deciding whether to purchase this Thor Ragnarok edition Loki as I'm unsure if there will be a infinity war version. However, I am rather worried about the pleather material used throughout most of the suit for this figure as I have heard that it cracks and tears after awhile. Has anybody had any experience hence with the material and know how to best take care of it?

It will be VERY unlikely that they will re-package the same figure with less accessories in a new box. Even if they did, it would still probably come out at the same time or close to this one since this one is already set to release around the same time-frame as the Infinity War figures. I'd go for it.

As for the material, I've personally never had any issues with this type of material for any figure I own, and I own a lot of them. I guess it just depends on where/how you display them and the conditions they're exposed to in your home. I'm not sure of the ideal conditions, but I make sure to keep them out of direct sunlight.

I don't own a Loki and glad I waited. I think this one is the best of the bunch and I bet they will improve the sculpt a bit. Also I think this is the last Loki figure we see. So if you don't have one I would jump on it.

I don't own a Loki and glad I waited. I think this one is the best of the bunch and I bet they will improve the sculpt a bit. Also I think this is the last Loki figure we see. So if you don't have one I would jump on it.

Finally make Thor 1 or remake the first Avengers. Hot Toys do sometime make these one off figures that aren't aligned to currently marketed movies. He's the villain best known and remembered from the series to date, and has the most movie appearances.

They could make worse decisions than finally make Thor 1 Loki or remake The Avengers version for some anniversary, or as a movie promo edition when Avengers 4 comes out..

Slightly off topic, but I do wish they'd start a 10th anniversary line similar to Hasbro with Marvel Legends. Give us an opportunity to revisit figures that need an update or give us a figure outside what's in the films now.

Loki from Thor or Avengers, Yellow jacket, Crossbones, A1 cap, MK VII diecast, Stealth Suit Cap, Heimdall etc. Lot of options for new and old characters.

Licensing would probably make something like that complicated, but I'm sure Hot toys wouldn't mind taking advantage of some of the r&d done for those figures and if they don't have faith in a single figure maybe go the two pack route.

I think CW cap or "stealth" black widow could still do well and you can pair one of them with Crossbones.

Finally make Thor 1 or remake the first Avengers. Hot Toys do sometime make these one off figures that aren't aligned to currently marketed movies. He's the villain best known and remembered from the series to date, and has the most movie appearances.

They could make worse decisions than finally make Thor 1 Loki or remake The Avengers version for some anniversary, or as a movie promo edition when Avengers 4 comes out..

:exactly: This! I would love to see this figure made - would be an instant purchase!

So i just saw Infinity War. Awesome. Definitely glad I pre-ordered this guy. Agree with others that this is the one to get !!!

The only bummer about this one is to me it isn't really "Villain" Loki ya know? He wasn't really a villain in Ragnarok and though his costume looks cool I do like good ol' evil overlord Loki from A1. Its kinda the same thing with Winter Soldier. I like the CW version, but I don't think i'd be happy with just that version. I would want Hydra hitman Bucky.

The only bummer about this one is to me it isn't really "Villain" Loki ya know? He wasn't really a villain in Ragnarok and though his costume looks cool I do like good ol' evil overlord Loki from A1. Its kinda the same thing with Winter Soldier. I like the CW version, but I don't think i'd be happy with just that version. I would want Hydra hitman Bucky.

Yeah, but he does have the horned crown like from A1. And the outfit is cool & classic with the green cape. I'm always one for classic looks. i.e only one figure per character in my collection. So this one sums up Loki for me with the best sculpt of all of them. Especially with the crown which is how I will display him when he arrives.

Yeah, but he does have the horned crown like from A1. And the outfit is cool & classic with the green cape. I'm always one for classic looks. i.e only one figure per character in my collection. So this one sums up Loki for me with the best sculpt of all of them. Especially with the crown which is how I will display him when he arrives.

All good points. I'm happy to finally get a horned crown look for Loki, but I'd love a more Asgardian royal prince villain look with either the full sceptre or gungnir (depending on whether you are going Thor or A1 costume and accessories)

That to me would be THE Loki. Ragnarok is still a little casual to be the best...

Even though I have Avengers Loki and I'm getting Ragnarok Loki, Thor 1 version will always be THE Loki I want more than anything.

Hot-Toys-Avengers-Infinity-War-Display-027.jpg

Hot-Toys-Avengers-Infinity-War-Display-029.jpg

I finally preordered a few days ago
hope they would improve the HS
and hope it wouldn't be delayed too much :D

I finally preordered a few days ago
hope they would improve the HS
and hope it wouldn't be delayed too much :D

Me too. After watching IW I think this will be the last chance to get a Loki. Also a good general representation for the Marvel lineup.

I can't remember, was the timing similar to other Ragnarok figures ? Or a bit later ?

I think the easiest way to improve the sculpt is to simply soften or get rid of the lines around the mouth and and then soften some of his features like the wrinkles around his eyes and philtrum, that really is all that's bothering me. Though it would be nice if they had given him a smirk or something.

I think the easiest way to improve the sculpt is to simply soften or get rid of the lines around the mouth and and then soften some of his features like the wrinkles around his eyes and philtrum, that really is all that's bothering me. Though it would be nice if they had given him a smirk or something.

Yeah that should make it look more like Tom. And softening of sculpts always happens from proto to production just due to how the process works. So even if they don’t tweak anything it should still look a bit better.

Back