1/6 Hot Toys - MMS472 - Thor: Ragnarok - Loki Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a pointless comparison as the proto for this loki depicts a different version of loki than the A1 sculpt. Even if A1 is the definitive version it's only definitive for that movie. It has nothing to do with this figure. This sculpt depicts fairly well this movie's loki at the end scene.

View attachment 399840 View attachment 399842

This exactly. All the actors are aging, and some of their looks change more than others. When I look at my Thor figures I generally think the Avengers looks terrible compared to Road Worn and the upcoming Gladiator and Infinity head sculpts... and while the Avengers head is showing it's age (just like all the old RDjr heads are looking like kid toys) when I start looking at clips from that movie I realise it does capture the "Point Break" look..

thor_avengers.jpg

I'm not a hairdressor, but his beard can vary between movies, and his long hair seems more 'stringy' and less of a lion's mane in newer movies.

On to Loki. By using the helmet, it takes some of the squareness out of the face. Gives it more of that some of that triangular elfishness of the Avengers head.. although, if you look at that pic that had the Avengers head, Hiddleston and Ragnarok head together, you'd say that Tom is getting a bit chubbier in the face now..

Yes, which throws everything else.

I agree. But it’s early. Still better then any other Loki sculpt except other hot toys stuff so I grade on a scale. It’s at worst the third best sculpt in the last ten years. And it’s a prototype. Lol im they star looking like hasbro or iron studio or what not then I’d have a problem.

I agree. But it’s early. Still better then any other Loki sculpt except other hot toys stuff so I grade on a scale. It’s at worst the third best sculpt in the last ten years. And it’s a prototype. Lol im they star looking like hasbro or iron studio or what not then I’d have a problem.

*Usually* production gets worse.....but every once in a while they 'fix' a turd :lol

So maybe this will be fixed.

*Usually* production gets worse.....but every once in a while they 'fix' a turd :lol

So maybe this will be fixed.
I agree. This time though the normal production process will in part fix the issue. That process usually softens the details and shrinks just a bit which would both change the shape and profile slightly to better replicate his look. It may not be enough to really make a difference but it could. And that’s if they change nothing, just from the normal production process. Also right now the helmet appears to fit pretty tight and the factory will change that a bit, generally by shaving the face as it’s the easiest thing to do.

Generally the biggest change from prototype to production that effects the appearance is paint. JC paints all the prototypes and he’s probably the best figure painter in the world. He doesn’t paint the production stuff. So it’s gonna look a bit different every time. That said, in this case it may help. That softer look may help this one.

Edit-appears angles make a huge (bigger then normal) difference with this sculpt as it looks a lot better here

32FE7E90-090F-4D73-B635-45EF68E5F01F.jpeg

Last edited:
JC posted a few more shots on Instagram, and they definitely look better... Guess we'll see.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Very nice, I like how it's turning out! Looking at his clothes, I'm hoping that there won't be any cracking in the future.

This looks AWESOME!!!
I pre-ordered one late last night. This will be my only Loki figure and I can't wait to get it. Although I am happy to see that they went with the black and green clothes, I had prepared myself for the blue bright colored clothes I had seen in convention photos and that color scheme actually grew on me as a nice departure. That said I have to admit I prefer this version. I'm looking forward to see what others think.

Very nice, I like how it's turning out! Looking at his clothes, I'm hoping that there won't be any cracking in the future.

Yeah I totally agree with you about the clothing. I wonder why no one has mention this besides you and me in this thread. I guess his HS is more important than the cheap material hot toys uses..His whole outfit is pleather, it will not last long compared to other figures. I wish his outfit was mainly cloth or have options like Star lord deluxe. I'm to a point now to where I no longer buy all pleather outfit figures, it's not a good investment.

Going to grab this one sooner or later. Bummer that we're not in a coupon season right now. Since I don't have one of him yet, happy to see they went with the green instead of blue.

I'm a huge Loki fan and was waiting for this release for ages and when I first saw it I was totally disappointed. couldn't find any real likeness to Tom's Loki, he just looked like an old man. those photos ones posted above show more look-alike Loki but I don't think he has been repainted, it might be just the light. if the sculpt is screwed up, I don't think anything will save it.
someone mentioned they pre-ordered him - ebay?

Yeah I totally agree with you about the clothing. I wonder why no one has mention this besides you and me in this thread. I guess his HS is more important than the cheap material hot toys uses..His whole outfit is pleather, it will not last long compared to other figures. I wish his outfit was mainly cloth or have options like Star lord deluxe. I'm to a point now to where I no longer buy all pleather outfit figures, it's not a good investment.

I know exactly what you mean. Hopefully they do something unexpected and make the quality better than normal so as to prevent cracking somehow. By the way it looks, he won't be able to move as well by restriction.

I know exactly what you mean. Hopefully they do something unexpected and make the quality better than normal so as to prevent cracking somehow. By the way it looks, he won't be able to move as well by restriction.

Yeah you're right, leaving him in a pose will probably damage him in the long run. Not going to lie it's a nice looking figure, are you planning on getting him?

Yeah you're right, leaving him in a pose will probably damage him in the long run. Not going to lie it's a nice looking figure, are you planning on getting him?

I agree with you, he does look great. I already pre-ordered him since I sold my other Loki's.

Have you had any problems with the previous Lokis? (if you have them)

I've had the DW one for a while and haven't noticed anything so far. As for the A1, I haven't had him for long so I can't tell.

The only prob I've had so far with HT clothes material is Batman BVS. I don't know what kind of material it is (not pleather anyway) but it is so tight that when I tried to pose him and slightly spread his legs, it made a tiny hole in the outfit

I have some old art figures with pleather jackets and such and have had so such cracking issues. Had them for many yrs now. I should hope HT uses better pleather than AF.

Have you had any problems with the previous Lokis? (if you have them)

I've had the DW one for a while and haven't noticed anything so far. As for the A1, I haven't had him for long so I can't tell.

The only prob I've had so far with HT clothes material is Batman BVS. I don't know what kind of material it is (not pleather anyway) but it is so tight that when I tried to pose him and slightly spread his legs, it made a tiny hole in the outfit

I never purchased a Loki figure before, but I do know that how much these figures cost they could use real leather. I've had one issue with pleather before on one figure but that's it.

Sorry that happened to you on BVS batman, I've seen photos of the holes in the crouch on random Bat's

Back