Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

I have a feeling hot toys will release a sith eyes version as an exclusive. Soon.
Its low hanging fruit for them and they already have a second production run going. It'd be too easy to change up the paint apps of the eyes and release the same figure again but without dooku's saber and maybe a different display base.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yeah, but some people like me who don't have lots of money to throw at these figures can't afford two $230+ Anakin figures and still get the other figures we want down the line (like Return of the Jedi Luke, Emperor Palpatine & Mythos Obi-Wan etc.) I'd rather just find a customizer who can do a good job and cost about $100 instead of the price of a whole other figure that's over $230. See what I'm sayin'?

Any good painter who produces quality eyes. I do eye repaints for $30usd.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Any good painter who produces quality eyes. I do eye repaints for $30usd.

Really? That cheap? I'll PM you when my Anakin figure arrives, whenever that's gonna be. I preordered I'm on May 3rd from Sideshow's website. Still waiting.

Yep. PM me and I can show you some of my work. Cheers.

We still haven't seen any good pics of this figure in dynamic action poses, even though I'm certain he can pull them off. Everybody just posts pics of him standing in a static pose with an arm raised. Can't wait to get mine and make y'all look like pansies...jk...kinda.

I'm on the fence whether to have the eyes painted or not. I dont have an extra head sculpt so once it's done that's it. Anyone have pics or a link to someone that has done cat eyes I mean Sith eyes:pray:

Since they hinted that Jedi Luke might have an accessories pack or something, do you think HT could pull that with just the Sith head and maybe some other accessories for him?

I'm on the fence whether to have the eyes painted or not. I dont have an extra head sculpt so once it's done that's it. Anyone have pics or a link to someone that has done cat eyes I mean Sith eyes:pray:

I'm in the same boat. I'm guessing not a lot of people have had this done yet, if anyone...but before I commit to permanently changing the figure, I'd at least like to see what I'd be getting.

I feel I have to get him now that they have Obi Wan, Dooku, Yoda coming for HT .

I just hope I can still get Anakin at retail in a few months :slap

It didn’t bother me when you said this, so I won’t let it bother me that you said this. Good luck.
Some are bothered by the Tama R2 rivets too, not here.

No criticism aimed at you or your (great) photo here- just pointing out the poor QC from HT on a figure that isn't cheap and that we've endured a long wait for.

I'm glad you're okay with it -would love to see more photos from you.

That's a good point also! I would expect an OSK Sith sculpt to come out eventually. I would love a sith eyes portrait with a very emotive expression. As pictured, perhaps. Would be great for changing up the display every now and again.
a671cabfb04c8f37bbbdde4a61fc0c49.jpg
51336c2dd9c56ead5dbad0f487a181b9.gif

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I don’t need him to necessarily be yelling for his sith look . So I just need to paint the eyes on an extra sculpt..simple :lecture

No criticism aimed at you or your (great) photo here- just pointing out the poor QC from HT on a figure that isn't cheap and that we've endured a long wait for.

I'm glad you're okay with it -would love to see more photos from you.

It’s all good. Just saying that if you wouldn’t of pointed it out, I wouldn’t of noticed it. It’s one of those things where it isn’t drastic enough to seek a replacement for IMO. But in all truthfulness, it did register on the OCD scale & I ended up reversing the tabards lol.

That would suck. I wonder how the pleather will hold up over the years.

I think we all know :lol

My old Anakin started peeling after a couple years; of all places my drycleaner made me a new one out of real leather and it blew the Sideshow one away. They seemed to have no problem pumping one out in a couple days from 100% leather (they said it was made from an abandoned leather coat in their storage), its often made me wonder why high end manufacturers can't do this from the start.

I think we all know :lol

My old Anakin started peeling after a couple years; of all places my drycleaner made me a new one out of real leather and it blew the Sideshow one away. They seemed to have no problem pumping one out in a couple days from 100% leather (they said it was made from an abandoned leather coat in their storage), its often made me wonder why high end manufacturers can't do this from the start.

Because HT doesn't have abandoned leather coats lying around? :dunno

Back