Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I had to get that out. Sorry folks. I feel better though. I feel like now, I can...move on. =\

LOL! At least until you see The Last Jedi. This is a reoccurring theme of Sith Lords being unexpectedly betrayed by their apprentice. It happened to Darth Plagueis, Darth Sidious, and now Supreme Leader Snoke...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm triggered . I'm gonna rant, but it's not because of you. It's the movie. I've seen Return of the Jedi at least eight times. I own the original vhs. I own all the prequels on dvd too.

The prequels make it even worse, cause in the prequels Palpatine is a patient, conniving schemer who starts wars and secretly controls both sides, and destroys the Jedi Order. In RotJ he's a complete imbecile. Never saw it coming you say...that's the problem!!! I just gave logical reasons why that is dumb dumb DUMB. He SHOULD have seen it coming! People always say "he's arrogant". No, he's dumb. He's a senile moron. Luke said "I can feel the conflict"...THEN WHY CAN'T PALPATINE?! WHAT?! Palpatine is a stronger Force user than Luke, there is NO REASON he shouldn't have felt Vader's inner conflict. AT ALL. There is literally NO LOGICAL EXCUSE for this, it's just BAD WRITING. I HATE Return of the Jedi more than the prequels honestly. And I freakin' HATE the prequels. Vader is Space Jeebus??? The Chosen One??? WHAT?! Are you SERIOUS George?!

Sorry for ranting, I've been holding that in for years...

Speaking as a collector's perspective

I dont know but you POed Anakin due to his cool looking in ROTS even though you hated PTs that much...its ok

You also POed Deluxe Emperor from the movie that you hate more than PTS, and the character to you described as "idiot"

At the same time you have Jedi Luke on PO from that same movie

So much money spent on something that you hated that much...just saying though..really ?

I hate the Sequels that I dont even want to spend $20 on Hasbro/Black series stuffs..not even mention drop $220+ on SW dolls

Just sharing, nothing against you

Speaking as a collector's perspective

I dont know but you POed Anakin due to his cool looking in ROTS even though you hated PTs that much...its ok

You also POed Deluxe Emperor from the movie that you hate more than PTS, and the character to you described as "idiot"

At the same time you have Jedi Luke on PO from that same movie

So much money spent on something that you hated that much...just saying though..really ?

I hate the Sequels that I dont even want to spend $20 on Hasbro/Black series stuffs..not even mention drop $220+ on SW dolls

Just sharing, nothing against you

Here's the thing about that...I can't explain it, but I'll try. I still LIKE the Emperor, even though he's written just to die like a moron. I still LIKE Luke, he's a great character. I still like Vader. He's freakin' VADER, man! While I hate the way the showdown in Return of the Jedi was written, because it insults my intelligence, that's still one of the most badass and iconic showdowns in cinema history. So yes, I'm gonna have Luke locking sabers with Vader, in front of the Emperor on his throne, because THAT IMAGE alone is BADASS. I LOVE the way that looks. Just like I freakin' HATE how Anakin was written in the prequels, but he LOOKS the part perfectly to me, and he's gonna look awesome in my room. So what if I don't like the movies (except Episodes IV & V)? The characters are iconic & look badass OUTSIDE the movies. These figures look great! I want them, so I'm buying them!!! FREEDOOOOOM!!!!!!!

LOL! At least until you see The Last Jedi. This is a reoccurring theme of Sith Lords being unexpectedly betrayed by their apprentice. It happened to Darth Plagueis, Darth Sidious, and now Supreme Leader Snoke...

Yeah...I'm never watching The Last Jedi. I gave The Force Awakens a chance, and I decided I'm done with these movies. I have the OT on vhs without all the special edition bullcrap, so I can watch Episodes IV & V any time I want. Which I do, twice a year.

Well my same feeling for Boba Fett in ROTJ but i still bought the Deluxe version..at least I did not hate the character, just hate the way George excecuted the character that really lame.

Well my same feeling for Boba Fett in ROTJ but i still bought the Deluxe version..at least I did not hate the character, just hate the way George excecuted the character that really lame.

Ha, ANOTHER reason to hate Return of the Jedi, Boba Fett dies all slapstick style. Bonk, oops! See ya!

Well let's get this thread back on topic Mr. Brandon. It looks like in the pics on here that his belt is one piece that doesn't come undone (like with velcro or somethin') so is the belt not removable? Is it easy to adjust the height of his belt?

Uuuuh, what??? I didn't say I have never watched RotJ, I said I never watch it. As in I've seen it, didn't like it, won't watch it ever again.

I think Palpatine in RotJ is an idiot because there was plenty of reasons for him to suspect Vader would betray him to protect his son, but he tries to torture Luke to death in front of him regardless, and dies a death worthy of a Darwin Award.

Before Vader goes and gets Luke Vader tells Palps that he sensed Luke on the ship. Palps said it's curious that Vader sensed Luke when Palps didn't. Palps then asks Vader if his feelings on the matter are clear. Then while Luke & Vader are fighting in front of Palps Luke says "I can feel the conflict within you" or however he said it. Palpatine obviously heard Luke say this. Plus if Luke can sense Vader's inner conflict, why can't Palpatine??? He turns his back to Vader & tries to torture his son to death in front of him, then dies like a complete imbecile. BAD WRITING.

I always got the impression that Palpatine knew Vader had the conflict in him, and was trying to push the dark side in him by making him subjugate Luke, or bring on Luke as his new apprentice by making him defeat his father and bringing out the dark side in him. Palpatine wanted the stronger apprentice, and would take whichever one won out.

Palpatine was an extremely powerful and overconfident Sith Lord. His overconfidence blinded him to the fact that Vader would actually stab him in the back so to speak. At least that was always my take on it, I could be way off lol

I like ROTJ. And find no flaws in the end throne room scene. Vader was continuously growing more and more powerful in the force over time. Who's to say he couldn't mask his true feelings or inner conflict to Palps? Luke is his son and could have a better connection to Vader allowing him to see his inner conflict. Disney has made lots of novels and comic book stories into canon. And many stories have Palps not reading Vader's thoughts or true intentions.

I mean, Snoke on screen seemed more powerful than Palp's, helped merge Rey & Kylo's thoughts with that force skyping crap, yet people believe Kylo could pull a fast one on him? The scene with Vader throwing old Palpy over the balcony is more believable than Snoke not sensing Kylo or the saber turning.

Just look at it this way.... Palps uses the force to see future outcomes/timelines. Like Yoda said "Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future.". 14,650,005 (or something like that ala Doctor Strange in IW :wink1:). And only 1 shows Vader defying him and saving Luke. Not the odds to be bothered with obsessing over.

Re: Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

Luke says it quite clearly to the Emperor: "Your overconfidence is your weakness". He was right.

Not sure what some people are missing here.

But I'm not a PTer bro!!! I hate the prequel movies! I just think Anakin looks cool, so I preordered him. I love the way Hayden looks in Episode III (no ****). Not even sure if I'm gonna get Episode III Obi-Wan or not. I've got Sideshow's Mythos Obi-Wan & Return of the Jedi Luke on preorder, along with Hot Toys Deluxe Emperor Palpatine. I just got Hot Toys A New Hope Vader like three weeks ago, he's my first 1/6 Star Wars figure. I'm only 27, bit I grew up with the original trilogy on vhs. OT is my jam, although I never watch Return of the Jedi, cause I find it boring and lacking in dramatic tension. Plus I hate ewoks, and Luke's plan to save Han made no sense. And Palpatine's an idiot.

How much will you give me for my Anakin cathode saber? Bought it for Vader but used an Anakin hilt by mistake.

Re: Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

It’s just a flipping movie..

They where right to name this place after Freaks...[emoji23]

I like ROTJ. And find no flaws in the end throne room scene. Vader was continuously growing more and more powerful in the force over time. Who's to say he couldn't mask his true feelings or inner conflict to Palps? Luke is his son and could have a better connection to Vader allowing him to see his inner conflict. Disney has made lots of novels and comic book stories into canon. And many stories have Palps not reading Vader's thoughts or true intentions.

I mean, Snoke on screen seemed more powerful than Palp's, helped merge Rey & Kylo's thoughts with that force skyping crap, yet people believe Kylo could pull a fast one on him? The scene with Vader throwing old Palpy over the balcony is more believable than Snoke not sensing Kylo or the saber turning.

Just look at it this way.... Palps uses the force to see future outcomes/timelines. Like Yoda said "Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future.". 14,650,005 (or something like that ala Doctor Strange in IW :wink1:). And only 1 shows Vader defying him and saving Luke. Not the odds to be bothered with obsessing over.

Only problem is Luke even says it OUT LOUD. "I feel the good in you... the CONFLICT." Palpatine obviously heard this, so he's a moron.

Now that we are getting prequel stuff and we are dissecting Jedi....what do we get first from Hot Toys, Ewoks or Clones? Discuss.

Back