Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so iconic for people with so little screen time.

Qd3P.gif

Doesn't Anakin have those Sith eyes only in that one shot when he's looking at the camera when attacking the Separatist leaders? One shot. After that, those eyes return when he's lost his remaining limbs and is shouting at Obi-Wan. Strange that the look has become so iconic for people with so little screen time.

But seriously, the Sith eyes are just a nice visual to really drive home the fact that Anakin is definitely not a Jedi anymore. That's why I preferred it, myself.

The Sith eyes are much more than just a visual display of an evil Anakin. While there are limited scenes with Anakin having his Sith eyes, they are a symbol of pure dark side for the Sith. It’s canon that when a Sith draws intense power from the dark side that their eyes will change and then go back to normal. This is why Palpatine’s eyes changed to Sith eyes just after he defeted Mace Windu and pledged Anakin. Only when a Sith draws intense power do their eyes temporarily change. So a Sith eyes Anakin is definitely needed in my opinion. If not for the limited scenes, for the show of how dark he becomes.

That's highway robbery. Surely, they have a business account and get way better rates. Something's definitely wrong with that picture.

I manage the shipping for my company, and we do have business rates with UPS. Sideshow charged me $19.50, as well, to ship to Northern NJ. I just ran the rates of what it would cost me to send Sideshow a 4 pound box , ground, from NJ to their address. It costs my company ( again not sure what UPS rates Sideshow gets) $13.86 ground. You have to factor that you have to pay the person printing the label and the person picking in the warehouse , so that's probably why they jack up the prices. Also UPS updates rates almost daily to adjust for fuel charges. Not defending them, just throwing this out there, BUT that being said, last month I bought TWO action figures and they came in one large box and and I was charged $19.50 for both, when they could have charged more.

The Sith eyes are much more than just a visual display of an evil Anakin. While there are limited scenes with Anakin having his Sith eyes, they are a symbol of pure dark side for the Sith. It’s canon that when a Sith draws intense power from the dark side that their eyes will change and then go back to normal. This is why Palpatine’s eyes changed to Sith eyes just after he defeted Mace Windu and pledged Anakin. Only when a Sith draws intense power do their eyes temporarily change. So a Sith eyes Anakin is definitely needed in my opinion. If not for the limited scenes, for the show of how dark he becomes.

I see your point.

Strange that we never saw Count Dooku with Sith eyes. Perhaps he wasn't as strong in the dark side as he would have liked to have been. Did he ever have Sith eyes in the Clone Wars TV show?

Strange that we never saw Count Dooku with Sith eyes. Perhaps he wasn't as strong in the dark side as he would have liked to have been. Did he ever have Sith eyes in the Clone Wars TV show?

Maybe he was so powerful that (like Palpatine) he could turn them on and off at will. Both characters had a duality.

Maybe he was so powerful that (like Palpatine) he could turn them on and off at will. Both characters had a duality.

Palpatine did not make his eyes light up at will. Like I said above, when a Sith draws an immense amount of power from the dark side their eyes will change for a short period of time. It happens involuntarily.

So if it IS involuntary, why didn't Dooku's eyes change. Was he not that strong enough Sith Lord?

So if it IS involuntary, why didn't Dooku's eyes change. Was he not that strong enough Sith Lord?

It doesn’t happen every time a Sith uses the force, only when they’re drawing immense dark power from it. We’ve just never seen Dooku draw from it to a point that would cause his eyes to change.

Friday is the day my son gets his Anakin. He ordered it through Sideshow using his Reward Points.

Unfortunately, I have to wait until Alter Ego gets their allotment and ships it out.

At least I get to play with his. That's not strange is it? A father playing with his son's toys?

Last edited:
Friday is the day my son gets his Anakin. He ordered it through Sideshow using his Reward Points.

Unfortunately, I have to wait until Alter Ego gets there allotment and ships it out.

At least I get to play with his. That's not strange is it? A father playing with his son's toys?
I get the die-cast Mark VI on Friday, at least it's something.

I have Anakin on order from BBTS, who knows when I'll get it.

Re: Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

Arriving in CT on Tuesday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He never immersed himself in the dark side deep enough. He went for knowledge and went to the dark side for political reasons. Not to fully become a sith lord

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

Great figure, hoping to take some better shots later
62d78edecd1d6c3e8ea2677938e2ea3e.jpg
c5e6e1718c5129d6346bd3615ac8f12a.jpg
6593d2891625ed141bef748e018cd904.jpg

$19.50 to ship to New Jersey, and it won't be here until Monday.

ROTJ Luke is the only other figure I have on preorder with Sideshow. I'm going to just find a figure to use my remaining ($80ish) reward points on and move over to BBTS for everything moving forward. I've been going with Sideshow solely because the flex payments are more convenient when paying off multiple figures at once, and getting figures a little sooner is nice, but all that be damned. $20 for shipping to take a week on a package that weighs 4 pounds is uncivilized.

I'm in New York, I feel your pain, $20 for snail mail and the reward points get negated by the shipping. I mostly order from BBTS now, except for the exclusives.

Back