Hot Toys - MMS293-294? - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th Luke Skywalker & Leia Organa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS293-294? - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th Luke Skywalker & Leia Organ

Smudger9 said:
Are we looking at the same picture?

There's a picture?

s-l1000.jpg

Re: Hot Toys - MMS293-294? - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th Luke Skywalker & Leia Organ

While HT look totally realistic, I agree with Pixel the SS sculpts represent the actors playing the characters better. HT has an amazing Luke, but an almost there Hamill as Luke. They don't have the paint job, they are oversize, and maybe a little soft on detail, but the SS ones redone by someone with some tlc are pretty darn good.

Yup, the SSC have the likeness of the actors, while being a bit soft. The HT are super sharp and have a nice deep paint application, but look very little to nothing at all like the actors.

Has the line been cancelled? Where's Leia, HT?!?!?! :cuss

Who wants a figure of a chick anyhow? Probably has cooties as the exclusive.

Re: Where are Hot Toys Luke and Leia?

HT haven't released their versions yet and Han's sculpt has been completely redone. I would hold off on comparisons until the product is actually released.

Han's sculpt has been completely redone.

The changes are actually very small and subtle, but I agree that they make a world of difference - they may as well be two completely different people/sculpts.

I won't be surprised if Leia comes with the Yavin Ceremony outfit and hairstyle for an alternate look.

^ Yep.

Still, a figure that hits all the right marks in a basic set, is all the value you need really.

Yeah, I don't think SSC/HT have as much nostalgia for that Yavin scene as some collectors. Maybe it'll come out as a con exclusive (and even that I'd be surprised by, as they could blow away whatever numbers they'd get on Yavin Leia with a Storm or Sandtrooper variant). Certainly all I want from this set is Leia in iconic white gown and her initial blaster.

I reckon she'll be in her standard white dress and bun hair. Accessory wise can't think of much other than maybe a blaster,or mouse droid

Mouse Droid we already have with the Stormtrooper 2Pack .. Maybe its the Interrogator Droid.

A switch out portrait (or really, just switch out hair) could give us her medical frigate look from the end of ESB.

91p.jpg

We'll probably get at least a set of binders...hopefully

A switch out portrait (or really, just switch out hair) could give us her medical frigate look from the end of ESB.

Or Hot Toys can just sell another Leia figure in the future. All their current SW releases are very movie-specific, so I wouldn't expect any different from Leia - whatever she comes with will be ANH-oriented.

They should just show us already so all these accessory questions can be answered and we can just start the debate over the likeness issue. Save the convention for something "new", that will likely have more goodies.

Mouse Droid we already have with the Stormtrooper 2Pack .. Maybe its the Interrogator Droid.

The interrogator droid comes with Vader. I can't think of much she interacts with in ANH besides a couple of blasters, and the blanket throws on Luke in the Millenium Falcon.

I think that was his Tatooine poncho, so not even that, since it'll come with Luke (if I'm right)

The hood on the dress better be done properly and look good when its on and when its down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back