Hot Toys - MMS293-294? - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th Luke Skywalker & Leia Organa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS293-294? - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th Luke Skywalker & Leia Organ

At this point I need Leia to be next year, so the delay is OK with me. Unless she's a Hasbro monkey face Leia then they can show it tomorrow.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS293-294? - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th Luke Skywalker & Leia Organ

Everything from now on will be next year. ;)

Then Leia will be on my Pre-Order list along with my other mail order brides.

Everything from now on will be next year. ;)

In actual delivery but I think we will get more reveals and PO's coming.... Howard said we would see TFA figures before the end of the year in a recent questioning (too short to be called an interview).

Except for the summer/convention exclusives. :)

The recent ones from HT have also been available online and for a long time afterwards, so YMMV. I don't see them doing any super-exclusive Star Wars, there are just too many fans to piss off.

The recent ones from HT have also been available online and for a long time afterwards, so YMMV. I don't see them doing any super-exclusive Star Wars, there are just too many fans to piss off.

I can see why they wouldn't, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they did release a (niche) Star Wars exclusive this year.

I'm not saying that I want Leia up for PO now (pointless exercise these days), I just want to see the specs & the proto. :)

No harm in that - & as mentioned, all these will be far enough down the line to not be that concerned anyway.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS293-294? - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th Luke Skywalker & Leia O...

Wrong thread, but it came up in here, so

View attachment 187894

This is what's weird - my hatted Hoth Han I don't love because of the stoned eskimo thing. Yet the SSC Han on the right looks decent in that pic - at least I can see HF there - yet the one on the left mostly looks like Bradley Cooper to me, with a slight whiff of HF. Likeness is such a weird thing.:lol

I will say - both the SSC Hoth heads are pretty small as 1/6 heads go (a shocker for the usually mega-scaled SSC heads) so that means the UU Han head must be pretty tiny given the way he looks in that Hoth hat.

Looking at the new HT Scarlet Witch and the sneak peak of Liea, looks like the new head sculpts have like a partial neck sculpted on. Looks like the head buts up flush against the neck post instead of fitting over top. Have to wait and see in hand pics but I don't if this is better or worse than no neck. If the seam is only visible from behind than I guess its OK. depends on the hair style and clothing.

This is also going to effect body swaps until the aftermarket catches up. Although knowing Chinese manufacturers, they probably already have some in the works.

Re: Where are Hot Toys Luke and Leia?

Scarlet Witch is 301, so I am expecting Leia to be 298. Hopefully her reveal is next week.

I do hope they use a smaller body for Leia. They did use the correct size for Marty McFly, but maybe it was just switching out the calfs and putting shorter ones in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: Where are Hot Toys Luke and Leia?

Scarlet Witch is 301, so I am expecting Leia to be 298. Hopefully her reveal is next week.

I do hope they use a smaller body for Leia. They did use the correct size for Marty McFly, but maybe it was just switching out the calfs and putting shorter ones in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It would be funny if she ends up being as tall as Luke

I'd definitely be surprised if they made her as short as she's really supposed to be.

Of course you'd also hope a much shorter figure would be a factor that might bring down the cost a bit... but you know that won't be happening either.

Hot Toys doesn't charge by the inch. ;)

Awfully tempting, but I still like my SSC guys...

884image.jpg

39image.jpg

53fimage.jpg

Last edited:

Awfully tempting, but I still like my SSC guys...

The likeness on each of those three SSC sculpts is head and shoulders above HT's counterpart. No pun intended. The hair shape is also done much better.

Last edited:

:lecture Can you imagine if those had a little more "HT" detail in the hair? It'd be the last time many would need to buy them. The skin tone and hair color of those are great Quigon

The likeness on each of those three SSC sculpts is head and shoulders above HT's counterpart. No pun intended. The hair shape is also done much better.

Are we looking at the same picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back