1/6 Hot Toys MMS291 Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope 1/6th scale Spacetrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I second this statement, I surprised this didn't sell out though.

A lot of people ordering Ep 7 "stuff" will later realize they passed on this and will say.....
confused.jpg

:lecture

I'm not sure whether the fact this trooper gets like 4 seconds of screen time makes me want it more or less..

It's tempting, but I don't want to start down the trooper path.

I've had a lot of ups packages from sideshow (han and chewie,obi wan) and I have literally paid maybe a 5th of what I should in terms of customs,vat etc. It is certainly a lot cheaper than going with fed ex where you always get stung. Only difference is fed ex you pay after receiving buy ups you pay on the door/before they give you the package. I think I paid £24 for han and chewie - should have been around 90 taking into account fed ex admin

This seems to be the case with this delivery. The Spacetrooper is in the UK now, and I've received a tracking 'Exception Notification' email which says that "The receiver must pay the duties or taxes due on the package" - Duty and Taxes due: £20.59.

I worked out that it ought to be about £32

So if UPS add a £12 admin charge it would work out the same as FedEx.

However, it doesn't say how they're going to collect the money, and due to the 'Exception' 'Scheduled delivery information is not available at this time'.

Just got my Spacetrooper in from Sideshow today here in Australia! The Star Wars stuff is coming thick and fast now!! Overall a nice variant on the standard Stormtrooper.

Too bad the Sodastream he carries on his back isn't removable, I'd have liked to buy one loose.

Here's my review of the new Spacetrooper. I have to say it's an unnecessary addition to my collection, but it's from the OT so I just couldn't resist lol!! Luckily it's a well made variant on the regular Stormtrooper. Hope you can check out the review! :)

It's funny, from the right angle you wouldn't even see the hose or spacepack... and this could easily serve as an additional plain stormtrooper.

With the nozzle being attached to the mask rather than chest plate, you could possibly disconnect the nozzle from the mask, tuck it behind, and you have a stormtrooper without a notch in his chest.

That said -- if you going to have two stormtroopers, why not have a little variance?

Here's my review of the new Spacetrooper. I have to say it's an unnecessary addition to my collection, but it's from the OT so I just couldn't resist lol!! Luckily it's a well made variant on the regular Stormtrooper.

That's my feeling. I can't justify the cost of this, cool as it is. Hopefully Figuarts will make one in 1/12 scale.

Is it as simple as disconnecting the tube from the helmet or does that break it?

To me it seems to be glued into place via a little black attachment piece on the helmet chin. I had a little play with it and it seems well attached, so I'm not going to try too hard in case I snap it off!

Back