1/6 Hot Toys MMS291 Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope 1/6th scale Spacetrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, this. The entire thing, including the CO2 and syrup canisters.

Ah, yes, the backpack itself is definitely glued onto the back armour piece. The little cannisters have nice detail showing their internals, but it seems a little pointless when they're just inserted into the backpack!

To me it seems to be glued into place via a little black attachment piece on the helmet chin. I had a little play with it and it seems well attached, so I'm not going to try too hard in case I snap it off!

That's too bad. Smart of HT to connect the tube to both the helmet AND the chest plate, so no one can use this for double-duty by just buying the chest piece. Must buy both. :lol

To me it seems to be glued into place via a little black attachment piece on the helmet chin. I had a little play with it and it seems well attached, so I'm not going to try too hard in case I snap it off!

Thanks! They definitely seem to be making some of these variant troopers purposely tough to turn into regular troopers, but that's okay, he's cool in his own right. Gotta get him for the pointy finger hand if nothing else. :lol

I have enough troopers, but that backpack would have been cool for a totally un-related custom.

If you're getting the Hot Toys Death Star, then you kinda have to get this.

You mean the 1/6 kit that must be assembled over your house right? Not sure that is allowed in my neighborhood. That slipcover art inside the box does look cool. It is making me consider some sort of death star backdrop for this guy, his pointed finger, and deadly leaf blower.

Hyperspace is the only feasible explanation for this tracking report:

Castle Donnington, United Kingdom
11/12/2015
2:21 A.M.
Arrival Scan
Koeln, Germany
11/12/2015
2:00 A.M.
Departure Scan
Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong
11/11/2015
6:02 P.M.
Departure Scan
Gloucester, United Kingdom
11/10/2015
10:03 P.M.
The receiver must pay the duties or taxes due on the package.
11/10/2015
9:08 P.M.
Your package was released by the clearing agency.
Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong
11/07/2015
12:45 A.M.
Origin Scan
Hong Kong
11/06/2015
6:27 P.M.
Order Processed: Ready for UPS

:cuckoo:

That's amazing. I know there's some time differences going on here, but isn't that Germany to UK in 81 minutes?

Yep. Looks like UPS are trying to beat Han's Kessel run record :lol

I'm just hoping they didn't drop their shipments at the first sign of an Imperial cruiser. :panic:

Looks exactly as though they've sent two separate packages from Hong Kong on the same number, both due to arrive today.

FedEx deliveries were never as exciting as this! :lol

So is the gun made up by Hot Toys or based on some EU material?

I can't see them holding the rifle in stills.

It's a variation of the BlasTech T-21 Light Repeating Blaster Rifle carried by Sandtroopers (i.e., a Lewis Gun):

SWSTBR.jpg

Lewis Gun:

800px-Lewis_gun.JPG

Funny that the Wookieepedia page for Spacetroopers has replaced the main photo with that of the HT figures.

Spacetrooper - Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki - Wikia

The Hasbro Spacetrooper also did a variation on the OT Lewis Gun blaster. Hot Toys just made it look way better, they also added some bit that are like the rebel DH-17 blaster:

DH-17_Blaster.jpg

The Hasbro Spacetrooper also did a variation on the OT Lewis Gun blaster. Hot Toys just made it look way better, they also added some bit that are like the rebel DH-17 blaster:

DH-17_Blaster.jpg

I like that blaster. I kept my Sideshow Lando so still have one.

The Spacetrooper has taken a very odd route, but is finally out for delivery.

12/11/2015
6:50
Out for Delivery
12/11/2015
6:45
Arrival Scan
Castle Donnington, United Kingdom
12/11/2015
5:00
Departure Scan
12/11/2015
3:24
Import Scan
12/11/2015
2:21
Arrival Scan
Koeln, Germany
12/11/2015
2:00
Departure Scan
Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong
11/11/2015
18:02
Departure Scan
10/11/2015
22:03
The receiver must pay the duties or taxes due on the package.
10/11/2015
21:08
Your package was released by the clearing agency.
Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong
07/11/2015
0:45
Origin Scan
Hong Kong
06/11/2015
18:27
Order Processed: Ready for UPS

I find it hard to believe that he came all the way to Gloucester, then went back to Hong Kong in order to start his journey again. :lol

I think something screwy happened while UPS turned tracking off for scheduled maintenance, and when it came live again it began catching up on missing events and assigned the wrong dates to them.

This happens all the time on the tracking. You will notice a pattern mine say Hong Kong then Manchester then Hong Kong then Manchester. I think it may be to do with time dffierences so it makes it look like it's gone back and forward.

Back