Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd give the search feature a try. I doubt anyone has the page number memorized. They would find it the same way.

Firstly, I'm all in for customization which is why I bought 2 of these but sometimes people complain way too much about the stock figures. Now what I'm going to say may just be that as a middle aged man, my attention to detail has diminished with age and/or the copious amounts of drugs I did when I was younger, lol! But HT really does amaze me with their attention to detail.

My case in point is the Stealth S.T.R.I.K.E. shield that's included with Cap. I've had the blu-Ray since it was released and saw the movie in the theater twice but NEVER noticed that his shield was painted a differnt color scheme. After I had the figures, I re watched it just to see that the shield was indeed painted like the HT one. I'm actually going to watch the movie again to try and find when the Steve Rogers' shield was used (if it was just the second Bucky encounter or if it was in other parts). My recollection so far (and I don't trust it for the reasons listed above) is that the first time Steve throws the shield Bucky catches a red/white/blue paint.

Last edited:
Firstly, I'm all in for customization which is why I bought 2 of these but sometimes people complain way too much about the stock figures. Now what I'm going to say may just be that as a middle aged man, my attention to detail has diminished with age and/or the copious amounts of drugs I did when I was younger, lol! But HT really does amaze me with their attention to detail.

My case in point is the Stealth S.T.R.I.K.E. shield that's included with Cap. I've had the blu-Ray since it was released and saw the movie in the theater twice but NEVER noticed that his shield was painted a differnt color scheme. After I had the figures, I re watched it just to see that the shield was indeed painted like the HT one. I'm actually going to watch the movie again to try and find when the Steve Rogers' shield was used (if it was just the second Bucky encounter or if it was in other parts). My recollection so far (and I don't trust it for the reasons listed above) is that the first time Steve throws the shield Bucky catches a red/white/blue paint.

It's the same shield. He just has a coating applied when he's doing night missions.
He has the coating on it when fighting Batroc, then the next time we see him he is going to see Fury to chew him out about Widow having a side mission, and his shield has the normal colours again.

It's the same shield. He just has a coating applied when he's doing night missions.
He has the coating on it when fighting Batroc, then the next time we see him he is going to see Fury to chew him out about Widow having a side mission, and his shield has the normal colours again.

I'm watching that EXACT scene right now and when he's in Fury's office and when they are in the insight bay, he doesn't even have his shield. The next time we actually see him with his shield he's riding his motorcycle out of the triskelion. It's difficult to see what color scheme the shield has on it because of the filming angle while riding the motorcycle (strapped to his back). The actual next time we see his shield is when Fury is in Steve's apartment and it's definitely the classic red, white and blue color scheme.

I'm watching that EXACT scene right now and when he's in Fury's office and when they are in the insight bay, he doesn't even have his shield. The next time we actually see him with his shield he's riding his motorcycle out of the triskelion. It's difficult to see what color scheme the shield has on it because of the filming angle while riding the motorcycle (strapped to his back). The actual next time we see his shield is when Fury is in Steve's apartment and it's definitely the classic red, white and blue color scheme.

Sorry. I was confusing it with the scene where he went to meet Alexander Pierce. He was weering the strike suit there and had the red shield.

Sorry. I was confusing it with the scene where he went to meet Alexander Pierce. He was weering the strike suit there and had the red shield.

Yep, exactly. In my previous post I was actually going to ask if that was the scene and maybe you just got them jumbled up, lol. No biggie though, like I said previously, my memory is ****ed!

Yep, exactly. In my previous post I was actually going to ask if that was the scene and maybe you just got them jumbled up, lol. No biggie though, like I said previously, my memory is ****ed!

It is assumed due to the timeline that Cap got back from the night ops mission, took off the covering on his shield, went home, stowed the shield, then went to the VA to see Sam.
And it's after that, on the way home from seeing Peggy that we see him get into his place and pick up the shield.

From what I've seen, he never uses a blue/silver colored shield like in the HT set... During his fight with Batroc you can the red chipped off like the weathered shield.
uploadfromtaptalk1426512214503.jpg

The largest opening on the clip needs to go under the arm strap AND the strap under that, so the clip rests against the shield itself.
Only then will the shield be as close to his back as it can be. I hope these pics show the way it should go:

1434C043-1F4E-4D65-A433-F3D5E3312E9D.jpg

8021497F-65FE-4EA2-AEF1-77EE4EE25C2F.jpg

A0B82DC2-9BF9-4D39-A124-18F6A935C05E.jpg

87599B37-2D80-4107-B847-489D35BFD0EC.jpg

Shoot! I didn't know that is what the clip was for. :slap Thank you!

From what I've seen, he never uses a blue/silver colored shield like in the HT set... During his fight with Batroc you can the red chipped off like the weathered shield.

At the start of the mission, it starts off as the blue and silver. After slinging it about, the blue tape scuffs and shows the red marks. What HT gave us was the unmarked blue one, and the one from the poster.

The mistake Hot Toys made was not realising that the shield from the poster was not in the movie at all. Or that the shield was meant to be the blue one, but looked different in the poster.

Shoot! I didn't know that is what the clip was for. :slap Thank you!

No worries.

Last edited:
Can anyone offer me some expert advice on this cap figure please? I picked up a spare Suit yesterday - what are my best body options - hoping a DAM might suffice, but the mid section looks a lot thicker than the one supplied with the figure.
Thanks

No, I haven't bought a body yet, but the DAM's are so v. Reasonably priced on CKB.co.uk it would be excellent if it fitted.
Other thank that I was thinking a TT KO.

No, I haven't bought a body yet, but the DAM's are so v. Reasonably priced on CKB.co.uk it would be excellent if it fitted.
Other thank that I was thinking a TT KO.

It depends on how tight you want the suit to be. Or how loose. If you never intend to take the suit off the body, it's worth picking up a Cap body. If it's just for show, you can put anything in there and bulk it up as required.
The Dam body has a huge ass that you might have to remove to fit the pants. It's not hard to remove it.

I wasn't planning on taking it off, so perhaps I will stop being tight and go with the body that was intended for it. Thanks for the input :)

Sorry if this has been discussed, but does anyone know if the Steve body and Cap body are identical underneath the outfits? Thanks for any assistance!

I wasn't planning on taking it off, so perhaps I will stop being tight and go with the body that was intended for it. Thanks for the input :)

There are loads of cheaper options out there. And believe it or not, a more slender body gives you more posing options as it makes the suit less tight!

Sorry if this has been discussed, but does anyone know if the Steve body and Cap body are identical underneath the outfits? Thanks for any assistance!

Pretty much. They have different bulking suits under the clothes/suit, but it's the same body.

Back