Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
checked out that review video already, I am glad I bought it, eagerly waiting its arrival now.

When I heard kept in the box, I was like... Oh there's another :lol

Hey dw! How've you been, any exciting movies you've been filming? Maybe a Cap 3 call? :lol

:lol I've been good, thanks for asking. No films as of the last couple of months or so, just been working local TV shows. Still waiting on that Cap 3 call. :wink1:

How are things in the islands? I still have yet to visit but I keep dreaming about moving there one day and just living free :)

I borrowed your pose and tried to get him in a running version of it :wink1:

d820169049c9deeec2bf980bad13d832.jpg

:thwak

Whaddya mean, post frequency or keeping figures in their boxes? :mad:

:lol I'm one of the people curious to his vast collection, only they're all in boxes. I just hope there aren't any defects or issues because refunds/exchanges/replacements are time limited I think.

The helmet colors are different but the Golden Age helmet isn't a perfect match to the suit either. I think the Stealth helmet will be just fine.

As far the head sculpt, I unfortunately paid ebay prices but got a decent deal.

Yeah, even in the films, the helmet is a different color, usually a bit darker. I was curious to see if the blue of those two, GA and SS, were close or very distinct from one another.

How much did you pay on eBay? I'm really hoping I could snag one from TA but my luck getting things there really sucks... :slap:lol

Hey guys! I had a question about the head attachment. I know that the head HT chose to include on the figures have the neck attached to it. I was wondering if you can achieve the same result if you use a head sculpt without a neck attached and just use a neck adapter piece like on the Star Spangled Man. The reason I am asking is I purchased a head from One Sixth Kit and didn't know that the final product would have the neck molded onto the stock head. Its a nice looking head I bought too and I really would like to still use it. I've attached links to the head I bought and the neck peg I am thinking of getting. Thanks!

Custom 1 6 Scale Chris Evan 2 0 Head Sculpt for Hot Toys Figure Body | eBay

^Head Sculpt

1 6 Scale Hot Toys True Type Figure Neck Joint Free Shipping w Tracking No | eBay

^Neck Peg

:lol I've been good, thanks for asking. No films as of the last couple of months or so, just been working local TV shows. Still waiting on that Cap 3 call. :wink1:

How are things in the islands? I still have yet to visit but I keep dreaming about moving there one day and just living free :)

:lol I'm one of the people curious to his vast collection, only they're all in boxes. I just hope there aren't any defects or issues because refunds/exchanges/replacements are time limited I think.

Yeah, I open them up and check, at least the ones from Sideshow. You're pretty much stuck with anything you buy years later on the secondary market.

I'm "looking after" your Cap collection as well, dee-dubs. :lol

Hey guys! I had a question about the head attachment. I know that the head HT chose to include on the figures have the neck attached to it. I was wondering if you can achieve the same result if you use a head sculpt without a neck attached and just use a neck adapter piece like on the Star Spangled Man. The reason I am asking is I purchased a head from One Sixth Kit and didn't know that the final product would have the neck molded onto the stock head. Its a nice looking head I bought too and I really would like to still use it. I've attached links to the head I bought and the neck peg I am thinking of getting. Thanks!

Custom 1 6 Scale Chris Evan 2 0 Head Sculpt for Hot Toys Figure Body | eBay

^Head Sculpt

1 6 Scale Hot Toys True Type Figure Neck Joint Free Shipping w Tracking No | eBay

^Neck Peg
yes you can. You just need a neck to plug the head into and then it'll work the same way as a one piece head/neck.

Hope you guys get that Cap3 call, you guys did amazing stuff in Cap 2.

And the island are fine, it's been windy like crazy tho only prob.

You should definitely move here for just relaxation :lol I kinda realized that the islands are a great place to wind down.

That is actually a pretty interesting pose for cap, I can see the bullets bouncing off :lol

I need to take a captain America collection pic when the new set comes out, it would look pretty amazing i think

Can you post a pic with both of these heads on GA Cap? Please and thanks!

Here's a pic from Jingobell with the Steve head on CA Cap.
unmasked GA Cap

I wouldn't say it's thick. There's the shirt part which is stretchy material that the sleeves are attached to and then there's the vest that goes over that, which is made up of all the different "armor" panels. It's layered and feels like the "vest" has a plastic lining or something. It's really stiff which is why you don't get that v-shape on his torso. I really don't want to take off the suit just yet to find out but I'm sure some of the lining could be stripped out to help give Cap a little more shape.

The Rogers figure is outstanding, though. Great articulation and tailoring, from the boots to the jacket. The T-shirt and belt are even really nice. It's the same body underneath so Stealth Cap should have great articulation but that suit is just so restrictive. The best comparison I can give is to say it's just like Avengers Cap, but even less posable. I'm hoping I can work the suit a little bit to loosen things up because I want to be able to pose him like some of the promo shots. I was planning on having him placing the shield on his back but I don't think he can pull that off. And if he can, I don't know if I want to leave the suit in a stressed position for too long. Right now I have him shield out like he's ready to jump off the Quinjet, a la the posters.

As puffy as some people think Golden Age is, you can still properly pose him. Stealth Cap is put together the same way which is why I don't understand why he is so much less posable. It must be the lack of stretch in the material. Only thing I can think of. He looks amazing so I'm not giving up on him just yet.

I thought the vest might be stiff, but I didn't think it'd be so restrictive. GA Cap, for all its faults, had some good articulation, so this doesn't sound very promising for Stealth Cap. Still, I'm curious to see what poses you're able to get as you keep futzing with the suit.

Hope you guys get that Cap3 call, you guys did amazing stuff in Cap 2.

And the island are fine, it's been windy like crazy tho only prob.

You should definitely move here for just relaxation :lol I kinda realized that the islands are a great place to wind down.

That is actually a pretty interesting pose for cap, I can see the bullets bouncing off :lol

I need to take a captain America collection pic when the new set comes out, it would look pretty amazing i think

Thanks, I appreciate it!

I might try to do a small "diorama" of him shielding widow as she's firing her duals. :)

Definitely. Collection pics always look nice! :yess:

Damb that sucks, was hoping for positive feedback...now I'm considering not gettin WS and BW...no point if I can't get the Movie crew together.. :(

I passed on the two-pack and am selling my HT Widow but I'm keeping GA Cap, WS, and Falcon. You can still have those three to nicely represent the helicarrier finale.

I think the proportions are fine. It's just the suit that prevents seeing any definition. He does look flat chested but the pecs are there. I'm confident that the suit can be stripped out a bit to give Cap his shapely figure back. :)

Hope you are right, can't wait to see what you do. :yess:

I think the arms are fine, but again the suit is really tight.

So is that why it is too restrictive and can't be posed well?

It's the same body used on Golden Age so the right framework is there. It's just covered up with an ill-fitting suit.

So even though the suit is tight in that it is restrictive it must be too big overall to give that look of an average size human instead of a big muscular guy if the body is the same as the GA one right? BTW how do you know for sure if it is the same body as GA one if you have not taken off the suit? :huh

It's honestly just nitpicking, no reason why you shouldn't get him. All other caps had the same "problem" looking flat in the chest area.

Even GA cap who some say is huge has a flat chest
c50f5e715de30fb16abb316874aa45c4.jpg

It's personal preference man, you shouldn't let, IMO, something small turn you off to an entire line if you really want to get it.

That might be true but the issue is not just with the flatness, it's more about how he doesn't look big enough overall.

Last edited:
Hey Guys I got My 2 pack in yesterday early christmas gift, listen let me say this the Fat Suit underneath supremely restricts i believe lateral and waist movement the suit design is superb but there was no real need for this fat suit at all the burly chest on the rogers body is the same on the cap body. i did see the was a foam spacer on the rogers waist line into the jeans, the same white spacer material underneath the avengers cap, you could easily cut it and make it the same as on the rogers if needed to supplement girth from removing the fat suit, however i am gonna pick up the single cap to experiment on as i don't wanna bomb out on my 2 pack. This is just my thoughts upon initial examination.

Back