Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
13665214303_e4166f43cb_b_d.jpg

Amazing.

Thanks for the photos.

:gah: Why does that head sculpt have to be so perfect?!! Is there anywhere to pre-order without a NRD?

Is it weird that i want to get a Nick Fury head sculpt so I can do this occasionally?

Nicholas_Fury,_Jr..jpg

Can't believe that this is the prototype and already the shield is flaking...

Lol. And a shame they got it the wrong way around... It's the grey that's meant to be flaking, to reveal the red underneath.

Is it weird that i want to get a Nick Fury head sculpt so I can do this occasionally?

View attachment 102701

I just did a deal yesterday for an entire Nick fury just minus the trenchcoat and body, and have plans for this with my second Strike Cap body.

Can we confirm wether or not the neck is separate from head sculpt ? Are there any more pics from the exhibit ?

Pics would seem to suggest a separate headsculpt from the neck(Apologies to Galmando for that. I stand corrected), but if the PO pics have a joined neck, it might indicate that while the proto neck is separate, they intend to make the final product with a one piece head and neck.
I don't mind a one piece. I can always remove the neck myself and add more articulation later.

The Rogers sculpt is really spot on. They finally nailed that.

Am I missing something about the BD shield? I don't remember it ever appearing in the flick in that condition. The only place we've seen it like that is on the movie poster. Please don't tell me they're giving us a movie poster shield

Lol. And a shame they got it the wrong way around... It's the grey that's meant to be flaking, to reveal the red underneath.

I just did a deal yesterday for an entire Nick fury just minus the trenchcoat and body, and have plans for this with my second Strike Cap body.

I knew thats what you were doing. Can't wait for pics to see how it looks, I might do the same bash if it looks nice.

:gah: Why does that head sculpt have to be so perfect?!! Is there anywhere to pre-order without a NRD?

If you know you are for sure going to get the figure, the NRD is no big deal at all. In fact when there is a NRD on something I usually go with Flex pay too to both break up the cost into more manageable chunks and two double my commitment to the piece as there is cancellation fees on Flex items. So because of that, I only commit if I KNOW its something I HAVE to have. In any case, $30 now is nothing compared to the overall cost of the set.

The Rogers sculpt is really spot on. They finally nailed that.

Am I missing something about the BD shield? I don't remember it ever appearing in the flick in that condition. The only place we've seen it like that is on the movie poster. Please don't tell me they're giving us a movie poster shield

Here's the skinny. The Shield has two red stripes. But on night missions, it either gets another coat of paint or(More likely), a coating of some sort of tape in the muted blue colour. When THAT tape gets damaged when Cap is slinging the shield, it wears through to the red underneath.

Here's the skinny. The Shield has two red stripes. But on night missions, it either gets another coat of paint or(More likely), a coating of some sort of tape in the muted blue colour. When THAT tape gets damaged when Cap is slinging the shield, it wears through to the red underneath.

Ahh, that makes perfect sense. At least as far as the stealth and iconic shield colors go. But this BD shield seems to be taken straight from the movie posters

Ahh, that makes perfect sense. At least as far as the stealth and iconic shield colors go. But this BD shield seems to be taken straight from the movie posters

Yeah. The only problem is that on the poster, you can see the exterior coating is worn through to the red underneath. But HT have painted this one with red paint on top...

Captain_America_The_Winter_Soldier_Teaser_poster.jpg

Back