Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What i believe is that the poster shield is meant to be the normal shield with the red parts painted silver in the same way the STRIKE shield is the normal shield with the red parts painted a pale blue.

So, when the STRIKE shield gets the top coating(Which is evidently less tough than that *made out of red adamantium* paint the shield is normally painted with, lol), and that top coating chips during heavy use, it reveals the more durable red underneath. Also, that top coating must be easily applied and peeled off after a night mission.
Now, in the scenes where Cap is fighting Batroc on the ship, even the prop has red painted on top. I mistook it for blood on my first couple of viewings. But regardless of how they got the effect on the prop, it's *meant* to represent the stealth coating flaking off with heavy use.

Now, it can be agreed by all that although we never *really* see the "poster shield" in the movie, i do think it's cool they included it.

And of course, how HT are doing it is making the shield from metal, painting the blue on, and painting the red on top of the metal.

Where the misconception of HT making a mistake creeping in is that people forget how HT would have to do it otherwise. The only highly accurate way to do the poster shield(Other than how they are actually doing it), is to take a die cast shield, paint it with the red and blue, mask off the blue, and *the parts of the red that are supposed to be poking through the damaged top coat*, then spray it silver and when that coat is dry, to remove the masking.

That's how i would do it for a totally accurate poster shield. But for HT, the easiest way to get the same look is to add the red on top.

So it's not a mistake as such. Just a time and cost saving measure...

And one more point is to say that anyone who orders GA or the STRIKE suit(Or the two-pack), will most likely have TFA, or Avengers Cap already.
So they will have access to a pristine or BD shield anyway. You can just put that shield with Steve, and give the heavily battle damaged one to TFA. Or Avengers Cap.

And i bet that if HT *hadn't* included the poster shield, half the people would be moaning that we don't get the shield from the poster, lol.

:lol

This. All of it. :duff

Was that LT. Dan?!?!

It surely was!

tumblr_m5ixjgi6MZ1r0jeh0o1_500.gif

What i believe is that the poster shield is meant to be the normal shield with the red parts painted silver in the same way the STRIKE shield is the normal shield with the red parts painted a pale blue.

So, when the STRIKE shield gets the top coating(Which is evidently less tough than that *made out of red adamantium* paint the shield is normally painted with, lol), and that top coating chips during heavy use, it reveals the more durable red underneath. Also, that top coating must be easily applied and peeled off after a night mission.
Now, in the scenes where Cap is fighting Batroc on the ship, even the prop has red painted on top. I mistook it for blood on my first couple of viewings. But regardless of how they got the effect on the prop, it's *meant* to represent the stealth coating flaking off with heavy use.

Now, it can be agreed by all that although we never *really* see the "poster shield" in the movie, i do think it's cool they included it.

And of course, how HT are doing it is making the shield from metal, painting the blue on, and painting the red on top of the metal.

Where the misconception of HT making a mistake creeping in is that people forget how HT would have to do it otherwise. The only highly accurate way to do the poster shield(Other than how they are actually doing it), is to take a die cast shield, paint it with the red and blue, mask off the blue, and *the parts of the red that are supposed to be poking through the damaged top coat*, then spray it silver and when that coat is dry, to remove the masking.

That's how i would do it for a totally accurate poster shield. But for HT, the easiest way to get the same look is to add the red on top.

So it's not a mistake as such. Just a time and cost saving measure...

And one more point is to say that anyone who orders GA or the STRIKE suit(Or the two-pack), will most likely have TFA, or Avengers Cap already.
So they will have access to a pristine or BD shield anyway. You can just put that shield with Steve, and give the heavily battle damaged one to TFA. Or Avengers Cap.

And i bet that if HT *hadn't* included the poster shield, half the people would be moaning that we don't get the shield from the poster, lol.

:lol

Totally :lol

I don't have any of the previous versions of Captain America :(.

Since I knew he would be in multiple movies I waited until one I really wanted was made in order to avoid having a shelf with like different 10 Caps on it. I'm not one of those psychotic fans who needs every single stitch and zipper to match up 100% with the source material. I can live with minor differences, nothing is 100% perfect. That being said, not including the regular shield IMO is a huge oversight since it is the most iconic thing about Captain America's costume. If he never used it once in the movie, I'd be fine with it, but the fact of the matter is he does, for like 95% of the movie. It's red in the Stealth suit, in his civilian clothes, and in the GA outfit.

THe BD shield would have been a good Sideshow exclusive. It would have been fine as a bonus with the single release stealth Cap. It would have been fine with Winter Soldier.

I just can't get behind that battle damage shield if it means not having the red one. Sorry if that makes some people angry. I want what was in the film, not on a poster or in concept art.

I don't have any of the previous versions of Captain America :(.

Since I knew he would be in multiple movies I waited until one I really wanted was made in order to avoid having a shelf with like different 10 Caps on it. I'm not one of those psychotic fans who needs every single stitch and zipper to match up 100% with the source material. I can live with minor differences, nothing is 100% perfect. That being said, not including the regular shield IMO is a huge oversight since it is the most iconic thing about Captain America's costume. If he never used it once in the movie, I'd be fine with it, but the fact of the matter is he does, for like 95% of the movie. It's red in the Stealth suit, in his civilian clothes, and in the GA outfit.

THe BD shield would have been a good Sideshow exclusive. It would have been fine as a bonus with the single release stealth Cap. It would have been fine with Winter Soldier.

I just can't get behind that battle damage shield if it means not having the red one. Sorry if that makes some people angry. I want what was in the film, not on a poster or in concept art.

they were going for the silver blue shield he had on the ship for their stealth strike suit so nothing wrong there. Only the civilian steve should probably have gotten a battle damaged red and blue shield. but I'm guessing they figured maybe people would prefer a different shield as some may already have a few caps so it's more incentive to get it if the shield was different. who knows?

Ive got both the double pack and the GA suit on order so i can't complain, but if i didn't manage to snab a GA id be pretty miffed.

I don't have any previous Caps so having a standard shield is important to me, I'm also surprised they didn't include one with the WS. Including the standard with him for that poster pose (Regardless of Cap) would make sense to me, so people could then pick up the double and the WS and have it all?

My point is that that this was never shown on screen so IDK why it was included. The shield that should've been included with Rogers would look more like the Avengers' Cap BD shield; the iconic paint-up but a little blackened/singed. Many times movie posters feature clothing, accessories, scenarios, even facial expressions or hair styles that are never shown in the film. To me what I see on screen are the accurate aspects that I like to see figure sets to have, and movie posters are just promotional media that doesn't make for accurate reference.

It surely was!

tumblr_m5ixjgi6MZ1r0jeh0o1_500.gif

:yess: Love that ol' LT. Dan

Huh? Why would you assume that? That's almost like saying, 'hey, let's put a red hammer with this Thor figure for no good reason because people who order it will most likely have the regular hammer from previous Thor figures' :wink1: Besides I think you got it backwards: Those who have the TFA or Avengers Cap already will most likely order the GA or the STRIKE suit (Or the two-pack), not the other way around :lol I'm sure a lot of people are jumping into getting cap figures with this release based on the positive reception of the movie. For me personally I was gonna jump in because I dig the look of the stealth suit which is a departure from all of the other cap designs but the lack of the regular shield prevented me from pre-ordering.

Huh? Why would you assume that? That's almost like saying, 'hey, let's put a red hammer with this Thor figure for no good reason because people who order it will most likely have the regular hammer from previous Thor figures' :wink1:

I have no idea what that means. I have never talked about the hammer. Why would they make the hammer red????

Besides I think you got it backwards: Those who have the TFA or Avengers Cap already will most likely order the GA or the STRIKE suit (Or the two-pack),

That's actually what i said. That anyone who orders the new ones will already have the old ones.
Feel free to read it again.
Or to jump to some new, wrong conclusions, lol.
:rotfl

That's actually what i said. That anyone who orders the new ones will already have the old ones.
Feel free to read it again.
Or to jump to some new, wrong conclusions, lol.
:rotfl

And I was pointing out why that assumption would be wrong. Please read it again :slap

And I was pointing out why that assumption would be wrong. Please read it again :slap

Your post reads like mine, saying:

Those who have the TFA or Avengers Cap already will most likely order the GA or the STRIKE suit (Or the two-pack),

Are you saying they WILL if they already have the other two?
Because that's what i said.

i think either way HT loses.

Fact: he uses the blue shield for stealth missions hence the shield we get for that suit. anything other would be wrong as its a stealth suit. people will complain if they did not give that shield.

They already had a BD shield (avengers) and if they were to give that with the rogers set people will again complain. this time of rehashing old parts.
So they made a new shield with lots of damage. Something different here will entice people to buy it more i reckon. It did for me. And yes i have TFA, 2 BD shields from avengers and the GA cap on order. Those BD shield were cheap too, then.

Your post reads like mine, saying:

Those who have the TFA or Avengers Cap already will most likely order the GA or the STRIKE suit (Or the two-pack),

Are you saying they WILL if they already have the other two?
Because that's what i said.

no not really. You were saying anyone who buys the new cap figures most likely have the previous ones already which would be false because it's entirely possible there are new fans who buy into them without having any of the previous ones

I corrected you by saying anyone who already have the previous cap figures will buy these new ones which would be true because they are diehard fans and there's higher probability that they will continue to collect in the same line. I hope that was clear enough for you to follow :lecture

Back