Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah but padding it out won't create pec definition like the pic below. :thud:

Nevertheless, putting cloth there is better than nothing.

No worries man, I am still pondering over whether to get the Reeve body.

what i usually do is put cloth in there and then put electrical tape over top to sculpt it. that way it give some definition and can be removed. I'll post pictures when I'm done.

I don't think the Reeves body is totally worth it. I happened to have one lying around from an old project. I wish hot toys would just make a new Captain America body. they have released enough of them now to warrant it I think.

On the flip side, I don't see anything wrong with Steve. He looks pretty buff, no fridge look to him. I have to ship him off today though. The one thing I liked about the set too. Better body, great sculpt, way better shield, empty helmet... Way better than suited Cap in my opinion.

what i usually do is put cloth in there and then put electrical tape over top to sculpt it. that way it give some definition and can be removed. I'll post pictures when I'm done.

Wow great I would love to see that! :rock

I don't think the Reeves body is totally worth it. I happened to have one lying around from an old project.

The bigger body is quite appealing though especially the wide V shape it has. What don't you like about it?

I wish hot toys would just make a new Captain America body. they have released enough of them now to warrant it I think.

Yeah doesn't look like they will though that AOU proto looks like a standard body, it totally lacks muscle definition (shape) around the arms and shoulders. They just used padding this time to bulk up the figure.

Wow great I would love to see that! :rock

The bigger body is quite appealing though especially the wide V shape it has. What don't you like about it?

Yeah doesn't look like they will though that AOU proto looks like a standard body, it totally lacks muscle definition (shape) around the arms and shoulders. They just used padding this time to bulk up the figure.

I don't think its that much bigger it just has a bit more definition and a nicer shape. but it also requires cutting off the neck and it makes the suit fit a bit weird around the collar. its hard to do the rear snaps on the back up. the legs also need to be swapped or use smaller feet pegs because they calves have the leg extenders on them which makes him really tall. its a Frankenstein body for sure.

Just got him and love the figure, but man, you guys are right about the limited movement... off goes the suit!

come on. I only bought $600 worth, lol. There was plenty left. The site wouldn't let me buy all the Steve heads. Only three.

Watch the movie again. When he's fighting batroc, the blue coating is all scuffed and you can see the red underneath. The only mistake HT made was making the second shield to be a copy of the one from the poster. If they realised what was going on, the second shield would have been the same duck egg blue but scuffed through to the red underneath.

you need to get out of bed earlier, lol. When I posted, there were plenty in stock.
It not about getting up early. You posted at about 425pm I checked that night or after midnight.

I cancelled my 2 pack and just ordered the Strike Suit only version. I am will probably try the fat suit mod once I get him in either March or April.

Re: Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Not too bad. They've parted out the Batman Armory like four times now, so they should do the 2 pack again.

I know. It's just a matter of hanging tight till they do.
I have eight Cap figures here with plans for more, so if i am to replace all the bootlegs i bought with official ones, i need to be ready to jump, lol.

I cancelled my 2 pack and just ordered the Strike Suit only version. I am will probably try the fat suit mod once I get him in either March or April.

I did the same. Just ordered the single for $177 with reward points. I plan on trying the rubber band method once I get him... hopefully those dock workers stumble across the container sooner rather than later.

Got my set today. Not as bad as I was expecting :yess:

The Stealth Strike suit.. If HT planned on using this body+padding then they should've just tailored a final suit with a huge taper down to the waist. So even with the padding, it'd still have a strong v-shape. I got my hands on a spare vest to experiment on :)

Wish HT would've made a new body for Cap. They could've used it for the Star Spangled Man, Avengers, Golden Age, Steve Rogers, Strike suit, and the Age of Ultron figure..

Got my 2-pack today. Seems like I've been waiting forever for it. HT never ceases to amaze me with their packaging. I was hesitant to take the figures out of the box. Love civilian Steve and its simplicity. Looks just like Evans. The strike suit reminds me of A Christmas Story, "I can't put my arms down." :lol Overall, it's a nice set. Looking forward to AoU Cap. But of all the Caps I have so far, Avengers suit remains my fav.

image.jpg

Saw the movie again for the hell of it and I grabbed this from online . I guess in these scenes he did have the battle damaged shield, and I did see it when I paused the fight scenes like this one. You have to really pay attention because the camera is moving so fast, but if you pause and slow motion you can see the damage :lecture
However by the time he reaches Fury at the S.H.I.E.L.D. hq, it's either fixed or a new shield.

I messed up by missing the Avengers cap, and any other cap thereafter, so I can't believe how this one towers over TFA, and the TFA even has the long foot pegs.

This is even with the fatsuit removed and no helmet :horror

Again this is just my opinion..How does the GA version stand up to this?

Saw the movie again for the hell of it and I grabbed this from online . I guess in these scenes he did have the battle damaged shield, and I did see it when I paused the fight scenes like this one. You have to really pay attention because the camera is moving so fast, but if you pause and slow motion you can see the damage :lecture
However by the time he reaches Fury at the S.H.I.E.L.D. hq, it's either fixed or a new shield.

He uses the same shied for all of the movie, its not like he has more than one since the material in which the shield is made of is very rare. My take on it is that for the missions with the STRIKE team he subdue the shield with some type of paint that can be taken off at a later time.

I messed up by missing the Avengers cap, and any other cap thereafter, so I can't believe how this one towers over TFA, and the TFA even has the long foot pegs.

This is even with the fatsuit removed and no helmet :horror

Again this is just my opinion..How does the GA version stand up to this?

He uses the same shied for all of the movie, its not like he has more than one since the material in which the shield is made of is very rare. My take on it is that for the missions with the STRIKE team he subdue the shield with some type of paint that can be taken off at a later time.

Admantinum I believe, sorry if I misspelled

I'm not disagreeing with you. But I think you're right about the paint, because throughout the film especially in the elevator, WS freeway chase, you can see a faint almost faded red, but nowhere near as rich of the classic red in TFA and Avengers films.

And as you stated, the " Strike " scenes have clearly shown the shield as what HT's replicated with this figure in a metallic blue and silver finish.

But I just pointed it out for the naysayers' I've read in previous pages saying " They never used a BD version in the film like the one that came with this set "

Well here you go..They did.:wink1:

Which is odd that they kept changing the colors for this film, but oh well..that's Hollywood for you.

Personally although diecast shields were a great touch this time around because the paint scrapes less, my FA shield is a freakin mess right now :gah:

Anyway, I wish that HT made a shield with this set that had the red tint with the diecast material. I know there are knockoffs that you can purchase. But why go through the trouble for this set.. Bad move HT :mad:

BTW is the GA shield version diecast? just wondering. The only thing that is a downside to the new shields in this set is the weight and the lack of grip that comes with the grip hands. :thud:

Last edited:
Back