Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are looking for the Steve bootlegs, and want more than one, let me know. I am going to be slowly replacing mine with official ones. $26 shipped for the bootlegs.
If anyone wants one or more, let me know.

Well right now I only want one but I will let you know if I decide to buy more. :wink1:

DA how do you do the rubber shirt mod?

It's not a mod I would recommend you doing but basically you cut the shirt so that the arms will be free from each other. I cut mine at the collar ( front and back). But there are other ways of doing it, I can't post the method here because it is against the rules so PM me if you are interested but like I said I don't recommend it as it ruins the shirt.

Her you go.

1419931156879.jpg

I use to think the Reeve's body was the way to go but there is a problem. The chest is too high on the Reeves body so the part where the chest is meant to be (just above the abs) is sunken in. :(

toys-2_zps912af754.jpg

Any way to fix that? Also is that just the body and the suit or does that have all the fat suit and such under it with it?

With the CR body can he at least get his arms down. I really want possibility almost more than the v shape. So am I doing the wrong thing by swapping bodies?

I cancelled this one. Too many issues with the final product, and not a look I thought was worth the time to invest in extensive modding to get it right. I had to bite the bullet with the T-800, because that's Terminator, but not with this. Do better next time, Hot Toys.

I cancelled this one. Too many issues with the final product, and not a look I thought was worth the time to invest in extensive modding to get it right. I had to bite the bullet with the T-800, because that's Terminator, but not with this. Do better next time, Hot Toys.

:clap

Any way to fix that? Also is that just the body and the suit or does that have all the fat suit and such under it with it?

you can fix it. I'm going to just take some cloth and pad it out. the fat suit isn't underneath that mine as shown in that picture.

thanks for pointing that out DA

well I just pick mine up, out of the box IMO the body looks terrible!! I did DA's rubber band mod and it looks 10x better just the arms have no play! Damn! overall I think most will be happy..

I now see why everyone is doing the mod... He's built like a refrigerator. Rectangular and flat. I might try the rubber band mod now. Do you have before/after shots, Jay?

With the CR body can he at least get his arms down. I really want possibility almost more than the v shape. So am I doing the wrong thing by swapping bodies?

There is no need to swap bodies if you want his arms down, just cut the rubber shirt at the front where the collar is.

Even with modding you still cant get it right, you can only make it look decent, so I think you made the right decision.

you can fix it. I'm going to just take some cloth and pad it out. the fat suit isn't underneath that mine as shown in that picture.

Yeah but padding it out won't create pec definition like the pic below. :thud:

Nevertheless, putting cloth there is better than nothing.

thanks for pointing that out DA

No worries man, I am still pondering over whether to get the Reeve body.

I now see why everyone is doing the mod... He's built like a refrigerator. Rectangular and flat. I might try the rubber band mod now. Do you have before/after shots, Jay?

no sorry I added the bands as soon as I took him out of the box. but the bands for sure give him a v-shape instead of looking like just a block.

:exactly:

I honestly don't get why so many other people think he is fantastic, he is almost the total opposite to what the proto looks like.

Back