Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried a new pose today, something a little different to test out the articulation. No modding was done to this figure. It's really not that bad with a bit of patience and futzing.

56f62643154899651b84d6b167f17b89.jpg

Wow, really do think I need to stop coming past this thread! Not good for my bank balance!

Bah, not the best of the posing I do but this will have to do for now:

Dy6MMPk.jpg

hAgrqMq.jpg

yXZBah6.jpg

I used some blu-tak to help the abs area adhere to the figure, mostly at the lower back and lower front, and if pose straight you can still faintly see the curve from his chest, which is a good thing.

Bah, not the best of the posing I do but this will have to do for now:

Dy6MMPk.jpg

hAgrqMq.jpg

yXZBah6.jpg

I used some blu-tak to help the abs area adhere to the figure, mostly at the lower back and lower front, and if pose straight you can still faintly see the curve from his chest, which is a good thing.

Oh I was wondering how you did that, looks great on the profile. :clap

What do you guys think of the KO head sculpt? It's $28 on Ebay. Looks pretty decent.

Can you show us a pic of it? The stock Evan's head sculpt is good but I don't think it is amazing like most people do. The eyes are weird, I can barely see them. Looks more Evan's with the helmet on.

I think it should be obvious by just looking at these comparison pics.

Proto

Product

The body is tiny, the shoulders look incredibly flat, he just isn't muscular, whereas the prototype had a broad torso and broad shoulders. IMO This is the worst disappointment (body wise) since the MMS71 fat TDK Batman. Hot Toys either makes bodies too big or too skinny. :thud:

Congrats on pulling off this pose, trust me the last thing you want to do is mod that rubber suit to try and pull off poses. :clap:

Wow, really do think I need to stop coming past this thread! Not good for my bank balance!

that would be funny if true, but I think you can see the arm slightly
:rotfl

Thanks guys!

No tricks here, the pose is legit ;)

Here's another pic...

329f58cf15a079d76d0cc6cd17419adc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm bailing on the 2 pack, I'll pickup just the single strike suit version down the line. I've got no issues with the final product, just too damn many releases getting stacked up, plus with the AoU coming with a second HS I have no use for the civie Steve.

I'm bailing on the 2 pack, I'll pickup just the single strike suit version down the line. I've got no issues with the final product, just too damn many releases getting stacked up, plus with the AoU coming with a second HS I have no use for the civie Steve.

Yeah think I'm doing the same. Out $35 but that's better than spending $350 on a figure I can't afford right now.

Can you show us a pic of it? The stock Evan's head sculpt is good but I don't think it is amazing like most people do. The eyes are weird, I can barely see them. Looks more Evan's with the helmet on.

I would put the Ebay link, but Ebay's blocked at my work. If it helps it's the 3.0 head sculpt. It looks like the head sculpt from the 2 pack.

I will buy and mod it if I can find less than $200. Otherwise I won't buy it. I think I'll have a chance because the new AoU version will become relesead shortly.

The costume is far better than AoU version imho.

Re: Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Just mailed customer service at SSC about a possible NRD refund on this. The extra wait on this and Starlord, coupled with the release of the new AoU Cap has me miffed. And I honestly cannot afford the 2pack and Starlord shipping at the same time like that. Hopefully they will refund me and I'll just order the new cap down the line...

Ok boys I pulled the trigger and did the Reeves body on the Cap mod. Dark Av as I promised here are the photos. I'm gonna tell you right not it isssss a absolute Bizzzzzzaaaaachhh to get it done. But with patience endurance and slow careful timing it can be done. I have a few more tweaks to do in my opinion the shoulders are fine they do not need Tamiya putty if you cut the rubber undershirt right I used Hyatts mod as a template.

I removed the vest also removed the shield logo on right arm cause it just looks flat out stupid but I got it off good!
Put the strike suit cap arms on the reeves body,
Cut and trimmed the neck area like Hyatt as well. Freaking guy is dweeb I have asked him several times to explain head mod. Opinion we one if you think head sits to low on neck.

Here ya go!!!

Perfect V shape Dark V!!!

Back